Chapter 9: I Can't Stop Looking At You

I'll Search (Twice's Jihyo x You)

Jihyo's POV


"Uh... Hello. I'm your tour guide as requested by your manager.", the unknown girl smiled at us. "Your manager told me that I will tour you on our city."

"Geez. Can't you even knock on the door first?", Momo rolled her eyes as the girl bowed down.

"I'm really sorry. I was a bit distracted.", she apologized.

"Y/N...", I muttered under my breath.

"What did you say Ji?", Momo faced me.

"Huh? How did you know my name?", the girl was shocked.

"You know her Ji?", Momo asked me.

"Are you guys just going to stay here?", Nayeon interrupted us and she bowed on our tour guide. "Ah! Annyeong! I'm sorry about my members if they are being stubborn to you."

"Ah! No worries! We're about to go now.", Y/N bowed at Nayeon as we stood up and went outside.

"Y/N.", I went together with our tour guide.

"Eh?! How did you know me? I don't have my name tag!", she panicked when I talked to her.

"You don't know me? Are you acting out Y/N? We're childhood friends!", I told her.

"What? I know you because you're my idol but I don't know that we were childhood friends.", she said as one of her friends grabbed her.


"Jihyo! It seems like the two of you are close already! She looks friendly.", Nayeon talked to me.

"Yes, she was friendly.", I frowned.


Why is she being stupid? She acts like she doesn't know me at all. Is it because I changed my name that she didn't recognize me? But, people keeps on saying that my looks haven't changed.


"You're on deep thoughts.", Mina chuckled on my side. "Would you like to share? Is it about Momo and Dahyun?"

"Nope, it's not about them. I'm fine with them.", I smiled at Mina.

"You know being a leader is not that easy Mina.", Jeongyeon joined us. "If one member has a scandal, the leader would be also affected."

"So what's your plan Ji?", Mina asked me.

"I've got no plans but to eat this food.", I bought a street food and gave it to Jeongyeon and Mina.

"Ji! Buy me one too! That's unfair!", Momo dashed towards me and did her aegyo.

"Speaking of the devil.", Jeongyeon laughed.

"What? Who's the devil?", Momo tried to speak despite of her stuffed mouth.

"No one.", I patted Momo's back.

"Wait, Jihyo.", Mina pointed on something making us follow the direction of her fingertip. "Isn't that the one on your photo?"

"Photo? Oh yeah! Mina's right! You have a childhood photo with her Ji! The photo that fell!", Jeongyeon exclaimed.

"Aish. Guys. Don't talk anymore. Let's keep on going.", I walked away from them.

"But Ji! Don't you want to talk to her?", Jeongyeon asked me.

"Ahh! Our rude tour guide?", Momo said.

"She's your tour guide?", Mina asked Momo.

"Yes, she just went inside our room without knocking the door. So much hate."

"I warn you Momo. Maybe she's just so excited to see us that she forgot to do that.", I glared at Momo.

"Oh my gosh! Why are you defending her?", Momo pouted.

"Cause people make mistakes. It's not like it's a big deal anyways.", Jeongyeon hit Momo's head. "And of course, Jihyo will defend her. Jihyo knows her before she met you, and us."

"What are you guys talking? I'm interested.", Nayeon moved back to join us. "Are you talking about the cute tour guide?"

"Yah! Nayeon! What are you talking about?", Jeongyeon nudged her. 

"Excuse me.", Y/N approached us. "Which do you prefer? Dinner first? Or Shopping first?"

"I prefer being with you.", Nayeon said as I covered .

"Nayeon said, it depends on you.", I smiled at Y/N.

"I hope it's dinner first.", Momo whispered behind.

"Alright, then it's dinner first.", she guided us to a floating restaurant.

 

"I like dinner but I don't like this place! Why is it that under this is water?", Momo whined.

"That's why this is called a 'Floating Restaurant' pabo!", Tzuyu pushed Momo inside. "This is so refreshing."


We sat on our places and our tour guides are talking to each other on a separated table. Jeongyeon is still beside me laughing and teasing the members by threatening to push them into the water.


"Hey Jihyo!", Jeongyeon finally stopped to talk to me. "Tell me, are you and Mina like Dahyun and Momo?"

"Eh?! No! I wouldn't date with my member! What made you say that?!", I blushed.

"Oh, sorry. I think Mina likes you. She looks at you in a different way and she acts different too whenever she's with you.", Jeongyeon shrugged.

"You're being judgmental Jeong.", I slapped her arm as the foods arrived. "Come here everyone! We have to eat! Palli!"


As we were eating, I didn't even missed a chance to look at Y/N whenever she's not staring at us. Even when we are inside the mall, I can't avoid to glance at her. I cannot stop looking at you.


"Yah! Jihyo unnie! Why are you always looking at her?", Tzuyu teased me.

"Shut up! Somebody might hear you.", I placed my finger on .

"I heard it. Approach her if you like her Ji!", Momo patted my back. "It seems like you like her. Go now!"

"Support!", both of them pushed me as I bumped to Y/N.


"I'm sorry. I wasn't watching.", Y/N bowed on a very low level. "Were you hurt?"

"Uhh. N-no. I should be the one who'll say sorry to you. My friends over there pushed me.", I bowed at her also.

"That's so cute.", she showed me her eye smile that I missed the most.

"What's cute?", I asked her as we walked side by side.

"All of you. You act normal and childish just like in front of the camera.", she giggled. "Not to be a creep but, I'm a fan of your group. You're also my main bias."

"Let's cut the chase Y/N.", I clenched my fist. "Stop acting like you don't know me. What's happening to you? We were inseparable before! We were best friends!"

"I'm serious. Ms. Jihyo. I don't really know what you're talking about. The fact is, I know you cause you're my idol but I didn't really know why you know me.", she was frightened as she looked at me.

"Is everything alright here?", Mina interrupted us as she backed me off.

"Excuse me, we have to go now everyone. Your manager called us that you have to rest for your early rehearsal tomorrow.", one of the tour guide gathered us.


I can see that you're hurting inside. Why are you hurting? Why are you hiding? Why are you frightened? I cannot stop looking at you. I'm sorry about this.

 


"Wake up everyone! We have to go now!", I woke everyone up as soon as I woke up by myself.

"Grrr. What time is it?", Chaeyoung looked at the wall clock. "Geez. It's still 7 am Jihyo unnie! Can we go back to sleep? We're still kids."

"I'm afraid you can't Baby Chaeng. Now, wake up. Breakfast is being served.", I tickled Chaeng making her alive.


When we're already done with our breakfast, the tour guides greeted us early in the morning as I looked at Y/N who can't look straight at me. I feel so sorry about what happened last night. I didn't expect that it would become awkward for us. 


"Manager-nim is calling for me guys. I'll be back.", I excused myself as I went outside to talk. "Hello manager-nim? Why did you call-"


My grip on my phone weakened as I saw a woman across the street. I have to talk to her. I want to know what's happening.


"I'm sorry manager-nim. I'll call back. Something urgent came.", I switched the phone off and walked towards the other side of the street.