Chapter 7

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week since Kim Sunggyu strangely appeared in her flat and Eunji hasn’t seen him anywhere. He didn’t attend any classes after those days, including today. Somehow she feels there’s strange heavy feeling inside her stomach. It felt like something missing. She didn’t know why she felt that way. Maybe because he has been acted so casually and friendly with her, after what happened between them. To be honest, she admitted that he slightly different from what she expected him to be. He has an easy going personality for someone who comes from the rich family. Despite him being—

“Yah! Jung Eunji!” Eunji snaps back to reality and found Bomi who looking annoyed and pants heavily behind her. “I have been calling you since forever. What did you thinking being so distracted?” She grumbles.

“Ah, I must in very deep thinking...” Eunji laughs sheepishly.

“Aigoo..let’s have lunch then, I’m super hungry..” Bomi said while dragging Eunji to the cafeteria with her.

They decide to sit down on the only empty table in the lounge. Somehow the cafeteria so full of students this noon. And it happens besides her ex-boyfriend, Leo’s table. She has a bad feeling about it already. She sighs exasperatedly. Bomi looks at her, concerned. She knows Bomi doesn’t like that either, but they don’t have any choices. It’s full everywhere. She slides down into one of the chairs and she can see Leo smirks while his friend sneers at her, luckily there’s no his new girlfriend today. She looks away and ignores them as both of her and Bomi started digging their meals.

“Do you have work later?” Bomi asks her after a while.

“No, I don’t have one today, it’s tomorrow. Why?” She looks at her expectantly.

“Really? Great, let sleep over at my place! The girls are coming over today, so we’re going to have a lot fun..” She exclaimed happily. The girls Bomi mentioned were her high school friends. There are four of them. Bomi introduced her to them last summer, so they’re somehow become her friends too. They’re coming from well-off family, just like Bomi. Sometimes, she tends to forget that everyone in this place generally coming from the well-off family background, even though they're not as rich as Kim Sunggyu’s Family. But compared to her social state, it's so much, much better than her.

“Tonight—” Eunji’s phone suddenly rings. She stops talking and fishing out her phone from her purse then take a look it. It’s an unknown number. She hesitates for a moment, but there’s a possibility it could be from her boss at work or it could be an important call. So, she decides to answer it anyway.

“Ji, I’m staying over tonight, make me dinner...” She heard Kim Sunggyu’s voice greeting her from the other end.

“Huh? Sorry, what?” she asks the latter, slightly flustered. Did she hear that right? Maybe she started hallucinating about hearing Kim Sunggyu’s voice since she has been thinking about him until just now because he’s literally skipping class the whole week. She heard long and tired sigh on the other end.

“Just prepared my dinner...” He says again. His voice strikingly similar to Sunggyu’s voice. Soft and honeysuckle voice. Eunji gets yourself together, she mentally scolds herself for keep thinking about Kim Sunggyu. “Or I will have you for dinner instead...” He adds again after a moment. Eunji blinked. God. It’s really him. It is Kim Sunggyu. Who else going to say something y like that to her, except Kim Sunggyu.

“Aish...” She hissed annoyedly when she realizes that’s indeed Kim Sunggyu talking on the phone. He chuckles softly. “Ah right, where the hell are you anyway?” Eunji asks him curiously.

“Japan. And I’ll be back tonight..” Sunggyu replies shortly. He sounds so tired.

“What are you doing there? Vacation? Tsk. I totally envy you...” Eunji rolled her eyes and pursed her lips. How nice living as a Kim Sunggyu. He’s going on vacation and attending class as he pleased and still going to inherit all the Kims Corps assets someday. While she has to work her off to pay flat rent and living, basically. She feels so bad for keep burdening her parents about her living necessity. They're already struggling enough to pay her tuition and college fees. Life sometimes so unfair. She sighs.

“Vacation my . I’ve been working here Jung Eunji...” He retorted sound annoyed.

“Working? Who? You?" She scoffs. "Yeah. Totally...suit yourself..” Eunji retorts back, still not buying any of it. He sighs again.

“I’d tell you about it later...Oh, I have to go now. Tsk. That old man seriously starting to piss me off. See you later...” Sunggyu hangs up just like that. Eunji stunned for several seconds. Did Kim Sunggyu really work there? Working on what? And how? He’s still a college—

“Who’s that?” Bomi cuts her train of thought.

“Huh? Oh, it's my friend...” She replies her shortly. Bomi looking at her suspiciously.

“Yeah, but who?” Bomi asks her again.

“Mm..you don’t know...” Bomi giving her not-convinced-look. Eunji shrugged. “Oh right, Bom, I think I’m going to skip your slumber party tonight. I had to do something to help my friend, so I don’t think I can make it to your place tonight...” Eunji mused before Bomi could ask her again about Kim Sunggyu’s phone call earlier. Bomi looks disappointed right away.

“Well, It can’t help then...” Bomi sighs disappointedly. Eunji mumbling sorry to her. “Yah! You should introduce us to your friend later, I introduced the girls to you too, remember..” She said afterward. “Oh right.. why don’t you just invite her to the party? I don't really mind--” Eunji choked on her drink. Bomi looking baffled for a second before she patted her back softly. Bomi sudden request startled her the most. There’s no way she’s going to introduce Kim Sunggyu to her or invite him the girl’s slumber party. No, Not at any time soon or ever. Beside Bomi knows him already. He’s Kim Sunggyu for crying out loud. Everyone knows him. Actually, she feels bad about lying to Bomi but she doesn’t want to tell Bomi about her encounter with Kim Sunggyu either. Well, Bomi indeed her friend, she's fine about sharing some of the trivial things but not her private life, not to mention it’s too personal to her, she feels insecure about that. Beside Bomi tend to blurt out thing when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter