Chapter 31

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu was in the middle of giving an instruction to his secretary when his phone rang. He knitted his brows as Myungsoo’s caller id appeared in the phone screen. Myungsoo rarely called him unless he caught up in some dire situation or too drunk to notice what he was doing.

‘Isn’t it too early to get drunk?’ He wondered as he stared at the golden clock on the wall where its shorthand was pointing to number 7. Nonetheless, he answered Myungsoo after dismissed his secretary. “What are you doing this time Myung?” he asked.

The latter cleared his throat. “I think I might just accidentally mention about your inauguration party to Eunji...” he mused cautiously front the other end.   

“You think?” Sunggyu repeated his words in a sarcastic tone.

“I swear hyung! I have no idea you didn’t tell her about the party. So I just...slipped out...you know I can’t help it...” Myungsoo defended himself in a mixture of panic and guilty tone.

This can’t be good, Sunggyu thought as he rubbing his face in frustration. He didn’t expect this to happen. To be honest he has no plan of telling Eunji about the whole party affairs since the beginning. Now, what should he do about this? 

He sighed exasperatedly before started talking to Myungsoo again, “It’s okay, I’ll talk to her later...” he concluded. He couldn’t really blame Myungsoo for what happened, it wasn’t entirely his faults. He should have warned Myungsoo beforehand.

“Are you busy? Can’t you talk to her right now?” Myungsoo asked again, still in a jittery voice. “I mean, she looks troubled earlier. I can’t help feeling really terrible about it. I’m really sorry...” Myungsoo continued again in an apologetic tone.

“It’s okay, it’s not your fault...” he muttered shortly.

“But I seriously don’t understand...” said Myungsoo again, seems like he got his nerve back. “Why haven’t you telling her about the party?” he continued again, sounds curious.

He contemplated for a moment before said, “It’s too soon for her to get involved in the whole things. If you were me, would you want to drag her into the party full of hypocrites and the power-hungry crowd?” He asked him back.

“Of course not...” Myungsoo murmured low after several moments.

“I thought so...” Sunggyu mused. “Where are you? You’re not drinking again, are you?” he asked him again suspiciously. 

“As if. I don’t even have time for hanging out with others, let alone drinking, thanks to this stupid detention essay! I should’ve taken a performing arts major instead this crazy accounting class...” Myungsoo grumbled. Sunggyu snorted at his answer.

“Who told you to skip classes?” Myungsoo groaned. “Well, anything else you want to report to me?” he asked him, slightly joking to shoo away a sudden surge of nervous feeling about Eunji’s reaction about the whole thing.

“You skip class all the time too, stop acting like a saint model student...” he protested. Sunggyu laughed. “I hope Eunji won’t forgive you easily...” he added again with a light chuckle then hang up before he could respond to him.

***

Sunggyu dialed her number after ended his phone call with Myungsoo. She didn’t answer the call even after the third rings, so he assumed she was busy or couldn’t take the phone at the moment and decided to try again later and back to his remaining paperwork. It only 30 minutes later Eunji returned his call.

“Why are you calling me at this hour oppa?” she greeted him with a curious question. “I thought you were busy...”

“Myungsoo called me just now...” Sunggyu said carefully. “And he said something about you...” he continued again, anticipating her reaction.

“Myungsoo? About me? what—Oh!” Eunji exclaimed then laugh as if she remembered something funny. Wait? Didn’t Myungsoo say she looks troubled earlier? She sounds completely fine to him. Probably Myungsoo just too paranoid about her reaction. “What did he tell you anyway?” she asked him.

“Myungsoo said he feels terrible for making you looking really down after accidentally blurted out something about the upcoming inauguration party...” He decided not to beat around the bush.

“What? No, I’m not feeling down...” she denied it while laughing.

Sunggyu knitted his brows. He couldn’t tell whether she was telling the truth or pretending to be okay. “Are you sure?”

“Yes, I’m sure oppa...” she responded with a very reassuring tone. “I don’t know where Myungsoo got that idea but I’m totally fine about the party. I’m just surprised, tha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter