Chapter 28

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

‘I love you, Jung Eunji...’

Sunggyu left her dumbfounded several minutes, trying to gather her scrambled mind. This was a very unexpected move from him. Eunji used to him joking around saying ‘I love you’ several times before, but not like this. How did he expect her to handle a sudden love confession? This is not fair, she mentally whines. He should stop dropping a bomb like this, especially when they had another pressing matter about her parent reaction to their relationship and those crazy marriage’s plan. She has been rehearsed how to carry out the news to him since this morning, but now she didn’t know where to start, her mind is blank, thanks to Kim Sunggyu— 

“Did you made this for me?” his voice interrupted her thoughts. She found him gazing down at the food on his dining table, still grinning in delight.

“Huh what?” she mumbled disorientedly.

“Our lunch...” he stares at her in amused expression.

“Ah...that’s...” she murmured then clear before continue again, “No, I order take out...” 

“Oh, I thought you cook this for me...” She shook her head. “Nevermind, let’s have lunch, I’m starving...” he mused afterward and gestured her to sit down when she just stood there and stared at him for a long moment.

They were eating in a defeaning silence afterward, Eunji didn’t know how to strike a conversation with him. It feels so awkward to deliver a bad news in this situation, especially when he looks so happy just now. She also kinda worried about his reaction. Will he get upset? Or will he understand it? She pondered about it for quite a long time before gathered a courage to look at him in the eye, but he seems to be preoccupied with his own thought too. His gaze fixed on his meals, so she can’t read his expression or emotion right now.

After contemplating several minutes, Eunji decided to start talking, “Mm...Oppa...”

He raised his head from his meal to meet her eyes. “Yeah...” he replied in a calm tone.

She puts down her chopstick. “About yesterday...” she bit her lips, feeling nervous. He nodded and give his full attention to her.

“It didn’t go well...” he mused when she still trying to find the right sentences to say. She frowned at that, nevertheless she nodded. “How exactly it went?” he asked her again, still in a calm tone.

“It’s...complicated...” she mumbled as she tried to find the slightest disappointment in his face but she got nothing. Whether he was really okay with that or he was really that great at concealing his own emotion, she can’t tell the difference.

“It’s okay, you can tell me everything...” he encouraged her.

“Okay...” she replied him almost in a whisper. “They want us to think about it all over again...” He blinked with his poker face. “It didn’t mean they hate you or anything, they just don’t want us to rush such important matter...” she added again quickly.

Sunggyu nodded and murmured, “I know...” he didn’t look surprised nor offended by it. “And you agreed with them?” he asked her afterward.  

She has taken aback for a moment. “I...don’t know...” she muttered. “I’d hope we could talk about it...” she continued again.

He hummed and nodded his head several times. “You are right, we had so many things to talk. I also had something to tell you. But let finish this lunch first...” he suggested. Eunji nodded while wondering what else he wants to tell her.

***

“So...” He gestured her to sit down beside him in the couch after they finished lunch several minutes later.

“You’re not upset?” Eunji stops in front of him.

“No, why would I get upset?” She didn’t answer him. “Because your parent against our marriage plans?” she nodded. “To be honest, I never expected it would go well in the first try...” He smiled at her. She furrowed her eyebrows, confused about his reaction. It surprised her to know how composed Sunggyu handling this bad news, given he has a quite temper, to begin with. “It can’t be helped since you the one who trying to convince them...” he said again with a playful grin.

“How is that my fault?” she scowled as she slides down beside him. He laughed at her response. “Ah, you said you want to tell me something, what is it?” she remembered what he said earlier. He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter