Chapter 16

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Marry me, Ji...”

After she calms down from her shock, she looks at him. “Is this another jokes?” She asks him, baffled. He stares back at her, frustratingly. She can’t really guess whether this is a joke or he’s serious about it.

“No..” He answers with serious expression several seconds later. O..kay. Now she’s getting flustered.

“It’s not funny...” Eunji says nervously.

“Because it’s not a joke, Jung Eunji...” He replies sternly.

“But, I don’t understand—”

“What do you not understand? I’m asking you to marry me...” He cuts her sentence frustratingly. She gawks at him, trying to search a glimpse of grin or smirk on his face, but nothing. He looks dead serious right now. Is he for real asking her to marry him? Now? All of sudden? 

“But why?” she finally opens after several minutes both of them drown into a long silence.

“Because I want to marry you..” he replies shortly. There’s no hint of joke or hesitant in his answer. Now he’s scaring her.

She clenched her knuckles hard, trying to beat the nervousness crawling into her mind. “Oppa... but this is so sudden..and it’s kind of—”

“You don’t want to?” He cuts her answer again.

“I... just..” she stops and tries to compose a sentence in her silence.

“You just what?” He asks her again impatiently.

“I don’t say I don’t want to—”

“So it’s mean yes?” He asks her again, expectantly. She blinked.

“What? Wait...” He grins at her flustered reactions when she realizes what he just said. “Ok. Can you stop joking around now? It’s not even funny...” she pouts at him afterward. God, he scares the hell out her for a second.

“I’m serious tho...” He says to her nonchalantly. Her jaw dropped. Again. What the hell is going on here? Did Kim Sunggyu find interesting to pick on her? No, she’s not going to fall for it again.

“Do you really want to know why I’m sneaking out from my house?” he continues again. Eunji stares at him, curiously. “The important guest I have to host last night was my arranged marriage partner...” he says afterward.

Arranged marriage partner? Marriage, married— Holy , his future wife? She blinks rapidly when the whole things registered inside her mind. She feels numb. But she doesn’t really know how to react to this news. Her brain stops functioning at the moments. It’s kinda a lot to take in at the same time.

“Oh...” That’s the only reaction she manages to breath out.

“Just ‘Oh...’?” he asks her in piercing gaze. He’s clearly not really happy with her reactions. He looks rather pissed off.

“What do you want me to say?” she mutters rather carefully this time.

“Oh, I don’t know... a little upset maybe...” he muses in a sarcastic way.

“Why would I be upset?” She asks him, oblivious. Of course, she knows what this is about. So much she enjoys his company, she’s not ready to take this relationship to next level. They’re not even dating yet, for God sake, Kim Sunggyu.

“You really asking me that?” He looks at her bewildered.

“I don’t know what you expected from me, but I already said this before, we can’t do this...” He raised his eyebrows.

“Why?”

“You know why...” She mutters softly.

“No I don’t..” he replies nonchalantly.

She sighs. “I already said that we’re like day and night, and I can’t live in your world, neither you in my world, I’ve said it before...and this marriage we’re talking about, let’s trying to be realistic here, this is a dead end...” She tries to explain it again.

“Yeah, you’ve said it before...” She nods. Yeah. She did say that before all of this happens between—Damn it! This not good. She basically just digs her own grave. “And a dead end? You’ll never know that...” he says again, she looks at him, trying to look cool. “But have you realize yet? You don’t really try to stop it from happening though?” He speaks confidently. She blinks. Flustered. “You let it happen Eunji...” he smirks. She frowned. He’s not completely wrong but still— “You could have pushed me away...or you know,  something to prevent all of this from happening, but you didn’t... ” he cuts her thought afterward.

“Yeah, I was... I.. I..don’t know. I’m probably going crazy at the moment...” She murmured incoherently after several seconds of si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter