Chapter 27

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After those heated arguments about her relationship with Sunggyu including their marriage plan, her parent, especially her dad insisted to go back to Busan earlier than their initial plan. When he got back from walking around her neighborhood, he still looked upset over their arguments but he didn’t say anything to her after he informed they were going back to Busan.

So, here they are now, at the train station, waiting for the train to Busan departure.

“Eunji...” She just coming back from the washroom when her dad called her. “I know you probably thought I was too hard on you now...” he paused to learn her reaction. She was fiddling with her fingernails waiting for him to continue. “But, I’m doing this for your own sake and I also don’t want anything bad happens to you, then you’ll regret it for the rest of your life...” She blinked, she knows he meant well but she’s not sure how to respond to that. So, she stays silent. “So, I do hope you understand and reconsider everything before you making a final decision ...” he pleaded.

“Yes, dad, I understand, I’ll think about it...” she assured him she get what he meant. He nodded, looks a bit relieved.

“Oh, I guess that’s our cue...” he said with a gloomy sigh as the announcement for train departure echo in the waiting lounge. They stare at each other again for good one minute before he extends his arms awkwardly to gives her a hug. “Take care of yourself...” he murmured again before she pulled away from him.

“You too dad...” He nodded. “Give me a call when you’re home.” he nodded again and ruffled her hair quickly. At the corner of her eyes, Eunji can see her mom grins knowingly at them.

“Told you...” Her mom whispered when she hugs her back. “He would never mad at his stubborn little girl...” she beamed at her mom’s last whisper before they break apart. Though she knows this discussion isn’t over yet, she could really use a short break now. She feels so tired today.

Several minutes after Eunji bids her parent farewell and the train to Busan left the station, she’s still standing at the edge of the railway, trying to reorganize her thoughts. Mom’s question keep echoing inside her head. ‘Are you ready to give up on your freedom?’. Yeah, did she ready? Will she ever be ready to live in his world? What would happen to them if she's not ready? She mulls over it again and again, but she still doesn’t have the answers to that question. Maybe she needs some self-reflection time to afford— A girly voice interrupted her train of thoughts, bring her back to reality. She apparently apologizing because she accidentally bumps into her. She mumbles ‘it’s okay’ to her, then turns around to walk out of the train station while checking out her phone, she got two missed calls and three text messages from Sunggyu. Just then, she realized that she didn’t even check her phone since they got back from the wedding hall. She stares at the phone screen for several seconds, contemplated whether to call him or not. After several minutes she made up her mind and dials Sunggyu’s number.

“Hello, Oppa—”

“Ji, is everything okay? How is it going with your parent? Are they mad at you? I’ve been worried as hell since hours ago and you don’t even answer my text or call...” He bombarded her with questions about her parent instead of greeted her back. She chuckled softly, his worried-nagging tone somehow manages to make her feel much better.

“Yeah, everything is okay...” she lied. She doesn’t want to talk about that with Sunggyu right now. She had enough worries and tensions for a day. “I just checked my phone, sorry I don’t know...” He hummed from the other end. “..And you suppose to greet people first when answering the call not interrogating them...” she scolded him afterward.

“I’m sorry baby, you know I can’t help it...” he claimed with a sense of guilt. “It kills me not knowing what happens to you after I left you alone to deal with them, I should be there to protect you...” he adds again. Eunji scoffs.

“So dramatic...” she retorts in a sarcastic tone. He chuckles. “Oppa, what are you doing now? Are you busy?” she tries to divert his attention before he goes on with his interrogating questions about the marriage’s discussion with her parent.

“Busy? Not really, I just finished reviewing a bunch of daily reports of our Japan’s project...” So, he’s indeed busy. She sighs. “Why? What with that sigh?” he asks her back.

“Nothing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter