Chapter 24

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Eunji just got back from her last class this weekend when somebody knocks on her flat door. He already knows her password, why he bother to knock on that damn door again? With slightly gruntle, she gets up and strolls lazily to the door. As much as she hates walking to the door right now, she can’t help it, she missed him. It’s been 2 days now that he’s in Japan. Again. Yeah, she already throwing a fit about that yesterday. Even though she hasn’t recalled Sunggyu said about coming back today, it still lives up her mood a little.

“I thought you still in Jap—Dad!!!” she accidentally shrieked as she startled when her flat door flung open and both of Mr. And Mrs. Jung standing in front of her. 

“Hello to you too, my daughter, never thought you were missed us that much...” Her dad greets her in a sarcastic way. She just stares at them, dumbfounded.

“You expecting someone else?” Her mom eyeing her curiously.   

“Huh? Oh, no..no.. of course not...” she shook her head eagerly in a very awkward way as she let them inside her flat. “I thought you were coming on Saturday, so...” she murmurs under her breath.

“Yeah, your dad and I were invited to your dad friend’s daughter wedding tomorrow. You remember Yoojung?” She nodded. Yoojung is her senior in high school. She occasionally hangs out with her because of their parents knew each other since they were young. So they were kinda close, but after she moves to Seoul, they never saw each other ever since. “She’s marrying a guy from Seoul, a college friend if I’m not mistaken...” Her mom continues to explain to her why they’re in Seoul early.

“They invite you too, but your mom forgets to mention it to you, but we got you the invitation...” Her dad adds again.

“Oh...” She murmured uncertainly.

She’s in panic mode right now. She’s not expecting her parent to visit this early. She hasn’t prepared to talk about her and Sunggyu to them. She’s planning to write down several ‘speech’ tomorrow and pick the perfect one. Not like this. Maybe saying she had a boyfriend now, not really a big deal, but to say she got a boyfriend and they’re planning to get married as soon as possible it certainly did. Especially with—

“What?” She startles when her mom shaking her arm.

“Eunji? Are you okay honey?” she looks at her with mild confused and curious expression.

“Yeah, I’m good...” she brushes it quickly with an awkward smile.

“How’s your study?” Her dad asks her after he gets himself a bottle of mineral water from her mini fridge.

“Study? Oh, my study is good. Loads of paper works and all. You know how college student is, as usual...” she replies him in heartbeat. “How was home? I missed Busan..,” she adds afterward.

“Busan is fine, same old same old. But you missed fun fireworks festival...” her dad grins at her teasingly.

“Yeah, we really have a fun date that night, right Dear?” her mom joining him, teasing her. She pouted slightly at them.

Busan fireworks festival is yearly events that she always looking forward when she still live in Busan. She didn’t know about another family, but she and her parent always have a family bonding time during this event. It’s fun and meaningful festival for her. And it becomes one the things she missed from her hometown.

“It wasn't fun without me right?” She asks them.

“It’s more fun actually, it feels like we’re still young and re-living our dating days...” Her mom chuckled at her own words as her dad laughs. Eunji rolled her eyes at them. She always envies them. Even after all these years, they’re still so much in love with each other. They were always sweets toward each other.

“Do you guys ever get tired of each other?” she blurted out after a while.

Her mom looks at her, surprised but beaming. “Ah...never thought these days would come...” she mumbles and smiles at her. Eunji furrowed her eyebrows. Confused.

“What day?” she stares at her curiously.

“Do you seeing

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter