Chapter 30

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One day before his official inauguration, Sunggyu was drowning in his paperwork when his phone rang again. He glanced over his phone, feeling annoyed. If this incoming call ends up from another board member of the company who tries to impress him again, he’ll seriously go mad. How many times he has to deal with this kind of call? Why can’t they just wait for the initial party? As if reviewing all of this files doesn’t annoy him already.

He finally takes the phone after third rings, his crumpled face changed into a benevolent smile upon seeing the caller ID. It's from Eunji. “Oppa, I have a great news!!!” Eunji exclaimed rather loudly from the other end. Her overexcited tone from the other end instantly lifted his crappy mood.

“Hello to you too sweetheart...” Sunggyu greeted her, quite surprised she called him so soon, it’s only five hours since they had seen each other. Nonetheless, he feels happy about that. “You sound thrilled, what’s going on?” he asked her curiously.

“I am. I’m so happy today...” She replied to him, sounds so eager and impatient in a good way. His lips curled up again, she probably had one of those smug grins on her face right now. Ah, he missed her already!   

“Ok, care to elaborate?” he asked her as he’s taking a bottle of the mineral water from the freezer and proceed to drink it.

He heard her take a deep breath, then announced, “I just got my period...” he spits out his drink out of surprised over the unexpected news, then started coughing heavily afterward. “Oppa...are you okay?” he heard her from the other end, sound worried and probably confused.

“Yeah, I’m fine...I’m totally fine...” he reassured her while trying to calm himself down. “I’m sorry baby, what is it again?” he asked her again after he stops coughing since he was not sure what he just heard just now.

“Are you really okay?” she asked him back. He hummed. “Well, I said I just got my period, so there’s no way I’m pregnant...” she continued in a very cheerful tone. 

“Ah really?” he murmured low, trying to process the unexpected news in his head. “Well, that’s too bad...” he commented in a somber tone when the news finally sinks in.

“W-what do you mean that’s too bad?” she stuttered, he grinned. “So you actually wished I got pregnant? I mean for real?” she asked him again, sounds conflicted and slightly panicked. He wanted to laugh at her innocent response, but he held it and decide to a bit.

“Of course I did...” he responded to her, still in a somber tone. “But it’s okay, we can try it all over again when you’re moving in...” he added again a serious tone. 

“W-we can try it again? Trying w-what??” she asked him, sounds astonished judging by her stuttering words. He sniggered. 

“You know, ‘the baby making’ process...” he replied to her nonchalantly as he bit his lips, trying so hard to hold his laughter.

“W-what? Making...b-baby...?” she staggered on her line, probably trying to let her brain to process the words. “Yah! You ert!” she shrilled wholeheartedly several seconds later. “W-who said I agree to try..the baby...again..uh..” She stopped talking and groaned. “Why did we even have this discussion?” He burst out of laughing at her cute whining. He can’t hold it anymore, her reaction is just too priceless. 

He keeps laughing and laughing for a while. He caught his secretary throwing him a curious look from outside the glass window of his personal office. “God, you’re so cute...” he mumbled between his laughter. “Too bad I can’t see your priceless expression right now, maybe we should change this into a video call instead...” he suggested afterward. She’s probably all red by now

“No way!” she refused his suggestion, sounds fierce. He chuckled again. “If you don’t stop laughing, I’ll hang up...” she threatened him. 

“Wait, don’t hang up, I’ll stop..I’ll stop...” he pleaded as he heaved a deep breath to calm himself then stops laughing a few moments later. “So, that’s what makes you thrilled huh? I’m still sad though...” he said afterward.

“Ah..oppa...stop teasing me already!” she whined.

“Ok..ok...I’m sorry...” he grinned. “So, do you have other great news for me?” he asked as he leaned back on his chair comfortably.     

“Yes, I did...” she answered him and let out a long sigh. “Since I’m not pregnant, we don’t have to get married as soon as possible, I mean we could postpone it until my graduation or after I get a job...” she got her cheerful tone back.

The corner of his mouth slid upwards when she finished explaining the other good news. “Aren’t you too happy about it?” She muttered ‘That’s not it’ in a whining tone from the other end. “Well, as long as you’re moving in with me, I’m totally fine with that plan...” he continued again.

“No, I will not move in with you. Ever...” she responded to him grudgingly.

“Why? Come on baby, I’m just joking...” he asked her in a pleading tone. “I thought you love me...”  

“No, I’m not, I hate you...” he grinned at her annoyed response. “Wait, what time is it? Oh no! I’m late for my class, I have to go! Bye oppa...” she hangs up before he could say anything in return. He gapes for several seconds then shook his head at her escaped excuse. He decides to go back to his paperwork but before he could do that, his phone ringing again, it’s Eunji again.

He furrowed his brows but pick up the phone call anyway. “Yes, Miss Jung. Miss me already?” he greeted her playfully.

“Your wish...” she responded to him nonchalantly.

“Yes, that's my wish..." he joked. "Where are you? At the bus stop already?” He asked her when he heard a noisy background from her end.

“Not yet, but I almost there. I just forget to remind you about lunch...” She replied.

“Ah, lunch...here I thought you miss me already, I’m disap

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter