Chapter 26

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, the heir of Kim Corps. huh?” Her dad started after heave a long sigh. Eunji still remains silence even after they got off Sunggyu’s car 30 minutes ago. She doesn’t know how to strike the conversation with her parent at the moment. “You do know the meaning of the heir right?” he asks her again.

She pulls her face up to look at him and found he’s staring at her with an unreadable expression. He looks worried, confused and angry at the same time. “I know...” she answers him softly. He lets out a big sigh again. He made her feel slightly guilty. 

“Then what are you going to do about this?” he stares at her, concerned. “Well, he seems like a good guy. But how do you know he wasn’t just playing around with you?” he continues again.

“No, Dad, he’s not. We already talked about this numerous time...” she replies him patiently. He opens his mouth and closes it again several times, looking contemplate, but she could tell he didn’t like nor accept her answer. Well, if anything she did inherit his stubbornness. So, nothing new to her if—

“Have you already thinking this through Eunji?” Mom’s voice brings her back to reality.

“Think about it Eunji...” Dad cuts her even before she opens to answer Mom’s question. “If something happens, you’re only going to get hurt. Besides, I don’t want people to look down at my daughter because of our background...” she shakes her head, disagrees with his opinion.

“What your dad mean Sunggyu and his family are so different from ordinary people like us...” her mom mutters again.

“Mom, Dad, there’s nothing to do with that...” she argues back. “Besides his family treated me well so far—”

“What do you mean so far?” he cuts her sentences, looking tense.

“I met them, he introduces me formally to his family and we had dinner together then we talked about my relationship with Sunggyu...” She explains carefully to both of them. Both of her parent exchange a troubled look with each other. Uh oh! This can’t be good! she mentally groans.

“Eunji, don’t you think you taking this too far?”

“No, dad, because we...” she stops for several seconds to calm her nerves down before breaking the news to them, because judging by their expression right now, it won’t go well.  She heaves a deep sigh and announces, “We’re planning to get married soon...” in a heartbeat.

There she finally said that. Both of them look completely stunned. Lost for words. But only for several seconds before her dad half-yelled, “Married? Are you losing your mind?”

“Dad, listen—”

“No, no no and no, you’re still in college, both of you still a college student, for God sake Jung Eunji...” he cuts her words looking completely baffled and enraged. “Married? How do you think he’s going to take responsibility of you when he’s still living off his parent money??” he asks her, still enraged.

“That’s why you need to listen to me first—”

“Are you pregnant???” She froze in solid one minute at his sudden attack. “Are you...? Answer me!” he repeats again sternly. He looks like about to explode any seconds. Great! She’s done for! She curses inside her head.

“What? No...what are you talking about??” she denies it right away when she regained her composure back. Yeah, there’s no way she’s going to tell him about that right now, whether she actually pregnant or not. Besides, it’s not a lie since she didn’t know about that for sure.

He rubs his face frustratingly before continuing again. “Then why do you have to marry him sooner?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter