Chapter 19

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

OH, MY GOD!!! Did Kim Sunggyu finally going insane or what? Why the hell he said that all of sudden? Eunji still looks at him bewildered by his sudden confession. She seriously didn’t know how to react to this or what to do about it. She speechless. This so unexpected, even from Kim Sunggyu. He should know that confession will screw them off. But he’s not looking bothered at all. Instead of look terrified of what he did, he just sits there and sips his drinks casually like nothing happened. Why is he doing this to her? What should she do now? He just screws her last chance to escape this crazy marriage deal. He just blocks all of the exits.

His dad clears his throat after several moments of silence. She could feel chills run down her spine and get ready to get yelled off. “So...how...” he stops and sips his drink again, then looking back forth at both of them with complicated expression, a mix of anger, confused and frustrated.  

“What?” Sunggyu asks him bravely, her breath hitched. “You said you know what I’m doing outside, right?” he adds again nonchalantly. Eunji turns to look at him immediately, amazed at how calm he was when he just adds fuel to the fire. He must be losing his mind at this point. His dad heaves an exasperated sigh, but he’s not talking right away. They drown in a long silence again.

“Oh I forget the dessert...” his mom suddenly stands up from her chair.

“Oh right...cake...” his dad responds to her. “You like strawberry cake, right?” he asks Eunji rather sweetly afterward. She blinks and just nods awkwardly. For a second she thought he’s going to yell at them and starts lecturing them about before marriage or something. Okay, it’s going quite well(?)—or not since Sunggyu and Myungsoo have a grim expression on their faces. Oh God, can somebody get her the hell out of here right now?

Several minutes later, his mom brings a strawberry cake with her. “So, honey how long you’ve been together again?” his mom asks them again after a long while, probably trying to break the awkward silence and intense atmosphere in the room.

“Hm...about four weeks...right?” Sunggyu looks at her when he answers that, Eunji nods feeling nervous.

 

“Ah, so it’s four weeks...” His mom repeats his words and nods then looks at his dad, knowingly. Sunggyu furrows his eyebrows, confused at their reactions. He doesn’t know what’s that look means, but they clearly send a secret message to each other.

“What?” he finally asks them curiously. His mom just smile.

“Nothing...” she says afterward and laughs. Sunggyu sighs. He seriously can’t tell what his parents thinking about right now.

“Well, isn’t this a good thing?” his dad finally found his voice again. Sunggyu looks at him, confused. But he just smiles and leaves his sentence hanging there, giving him a bit chill and uneasy feeling. One thing for sure, he’s going to get one hell of the lecture about responsibility after he sends Eunji home. “He treats you well right Eunji?” he asks Eunji afterward. 

“Huh? Oh yeah..yes, of course, he did...” Eunji answers his dad, slightly flustered as she glances at him helplessly. ‘So damn cute’ he thought.

“It’s okay dear, you can tell us if this troublemaker ever treats you bad...” his mom adds jokingly and Eunji laughs and says she will. Myungsoo smirks at him. Sunggyu rolled his eyes and stuff the strawberry cake into his mouth.

At least he doesn’t have to worry about what his family thinking about Eunji after tonight. They like her, no, they completely love and adore her. It’s so fascinating. The way they address her with ‘dear, sweetheart..’, or the way they talk and listen to her about random things even after they finished all of the desserts, it’s a legit proof. Though it’s clear to see they still upset at him, they literally glare at him whenever he joined their conversations. It’s kinda cute and frustrating at the same time. Slowly, he could see Eunji getting more relaxed with them, she’s no longer clutching her knuckles hard or looks nervous or awkward around them. She casually laughs along with everyone when his mom starts talking about his embarrassing childhood moments. He’s glad she’s getting comfortable with Myungsoo and his parents, though he feels slightly

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter