Chapter 22

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu turns aside to the girl in his passenger seat yawn, looking slightly tired and bored. Since he’s not as busy as usual today he decided to pick her up from her work. But they still on the road right now. It’s been one hour since they caught in the traffic jam at rush hours. 

“Did you talk to your parent already?” Sunggyu breaks their silence. 

She glances at him. “Yeah...”

“What are they saying?” he asks her again, curious about her parent reaction.

“They’ll be here next weekend...” she answers him nonchalantly while leaning her cheek effortlessly on the seat cushion, looking adorable as she did.

“Well, that’s great. So, what are you telling them about us?” He feels a bit relieved now.

“About us?” She mutters low. Sunggyu hummed. “I haven’t told them anything...” He furrows his brows at her. “It’s their monthly visit so...” she continues again.

“O...k. So, you haven’t told them anything?” She nods. He sighs. Maybe it’s too fast to feel relieved. “Ah, that’s a bit...it’d be better if you give them a heads up about us going out or something?” he adds afterward as he steps on the gas, finally the road ahead them is clear.

“We’re not even going out...” She murmurs low as she looks away from him. But he still can hear that.

“Huh? What?” he glances at her. She scowled.

“Nothing...” she replies shortly while pouting her lips. He chuckles at her adorable antics.

“You’ve been really sensitive about everything lately...” he mutters softly behind the wheel. 

“I’m not...” she whines at him right away. Sunggyu laughs again.

“Yes, you are. Remember the last time we’re on the phone?” She's averting her gaze to the road, not answering him. “You just hang up in the middle of the conversation and sulking the next day and the day after...” he continues to .

“I’m not sulking...” she objected again.

“Are you sure baby?” he raised his eyebrows at her, teasing her again.

“I’m not your baby...” she finally snapped. She looks so cute while at it. 

“See? That’s what I’m talking about...” he says at her. She’s already in a sulking mode now. “Mind to tell me what’s going on?” he asks her rather carefully this time.

“No.”

“If you’re not telling me, I can’t really tell why are you being moody...” he adds again.

“I’m not moody...” he laughs at her stomped feet.

“I miss you Eunji, I miss you so much...” he mutters between his laughter, then takes a turn to his apartment building. 

“No, you’re not...” she replies low, still sulking. 

“Huh?  What?” he asks her and looks at her attentively after he parks the car.

“If you really did, you won’t be so busy all the time...” she grumbles looking all annoyed.

He blinks for several seconds. “Ah...” He laughs when he finally get why she’s being so moody and sensitive today. “So that’s the reason. You missed me that much huh?” he asks her, then grins. Yeah, after meeting his parent 2 weeks ago, they haven’t really met up properly with each other. He’s been very busy with the project and mostly in Japan the rest of the days. They’re having lunch together once last weekend. Other than that they only talked on the phone from time to time. But he hasn’t realized this until now. The separation bothered her and she’s being moody because of it. He can’t help but feels happy about it.

“No...” she’s pouting again. Sunggyu laughs again. “I’m going to call off the marriage...” she says afterward.

“Why?” he looks at her amused. She glares at him.

“What is the point of having a husband whose not even around...” she continues again with whiny tone. He laughs again at her explanation, but the way she called him ‘husband’ warm his heart. After meeting his parent, she has been more expressive to him than before and he loves it. He loves the feeling to be needed by her.

“Don’t worry baby, the project will be over soon...” She just shrugged, not looking at him and still sulking. “After its over, I’m all yours..” he says again. She turns her head to him. He gently smiles at her. “So, stop sulking and give me a kiss...” he asks her jokingly while pointing his finger at his own cheek. Unexpectedly she’s leaning closer to him and peck his cheek softly. He stunned for a split of a second, then chuckles at her sulking expression even after she kissed him.

“Ah right, Mom keeps bugging me about why I'm letting you keeping your part-time job...” Sunggyu mutters as they get down from the car.

“Why?”  She knitted her brows confused. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter