Chapter 21

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu startled slightly and groans low when he feels she’s trying to bury her head in his chest. He opens his eyes slowly and trying to adjust to the light. It looks like she already wakes up earlier. He pulls away slightly from her to see her face. 

“Morning....” he greets her with a sleepy voice. She hummed and back to her snuggles attempts, not practically happy about being pulled away from his embrace. “Wait...” he mutters again. She casually ignores him by burying her face in his chest. He furrowed his eyebrows. “Are you half awake right now?” he asks her afterward. She always freaks out whenever she wakes up in his arms before, but now she’s practically trying to attach herself to him. It's not that he doesn't like it, it just weird. 

“It’s cold...I’m cold...” she whines at him. Yeah, it’s indeed a bit cold today. Maybe she just needs war— “Hug me...” she whines again.  

“Oo...kay..” he muses slowly, seriously taken aback by ‘hug me’ words, but nonetheless he wraps her tiny figures in his arms just like she asks him to do. “Are you that cold?” he murmurs softly to her ear. She hummed low. Okay, maybe she’s that cold, he thought. He closes his eyes and rests his jaw on her head, trying to not overthinking this situation. But still, he can’t calm her nerves. He's still not used to this version of Eunji. “Ji...” he mutters after a while. “Are you sleeping?” No answers. This driving him crazy. “Eunji...” he pats her back softly.  

“Ah why???” she pulls away slightly and whines again sounds pretty annoyed. He kisses her temple softly and stares at her fair complexion longingly. He hasn’t seen this girl a whole week. He missed her a lot, even though they talked on the phone quite often than they had before. Though mostly because she keeps feeling insecure about meeting his parent and trying to change his mind about it. 

“I miss you...” he whispers softly to her. She stares at him for several seconds then as cue her eyes lighten and her lips curved into a dazzling smile he never saw before. Sunggyu blinked. Ok. No sneer and rolling eyes? Is it a dream? He asks himself, disbelief what he just saw. She actually looks at him with those dreamy look and heartthrob smile. How to stay sane now?

“Really? How much?” she looks at him expectantly.

“How much?” He asks her, then laughs. She nods cutely. “Hm...I can’t really tell how much. but I’m pretty sure it's a lot...” he says cheekily and laughs afterward. She looks unimpressed by his answers, instead of laughing along with him, she’s pouting now. He’s baffled right away. “What? Why?” he asks her rather carefully this time. Is she on her period or something? He can’t really understand how this mood swings worked.

“Nothing...” she murmurs shortly and buries her face in his chest again. “I hate you...” she mutters afterward as her voice muffled with his tee. He’s dumbfounded. For good one minute, he’s not sure how to respond to her. He can’t really tell where’s this conversation goes wrong.

“Are you on your period?” he asks her again while her raven locks softly.

“I’m not...” she replies sounds annoyed. He chuckles. “I hate you...” she adds again.

“Ah, really? So you hate me now?” He asks her again and squeezed her because she’s too adorable to handle. She whines again. He laughs again. “Do people normally snuggle and cuddle with someone they hate?” he asks her again jokingly. She pulls her head away from his chest and pursed her lips at him. “Do you?” he continues to .   

“No...” She looks annoyed.

He raises his brows. “Then, how are you going to explain this?” he gestures to her head that laying down effortlessly on his left arm.  

“Because it’s too cold...” she mumbles softly with those innocent look on her face. His swears his heart just skip its beat. God help! She looks so freaking cute right now.  

“So, it’s okay to snuggle and cuddle with someone you hate when it’s cold?” he asks her again as he tries to fight smiles curled on his lips. She furrowed her brows.   

“No. Of course, it’s not okay...” She mumbles nonchalantly and looks down to his right arm that rests on her waist and starts tugging his shirt sleeves. She looks impressed by her own work when she finishes folding it up to his el

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter