Chapter 33

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know that my dad will kill us both right?” Eunji mused to Sunggyu for the third time since he loaded her heavy luggage into the trunk of his black SUV, still not fully on board with the whole ‘moving-in-together’ things. The fact that they had not talked with her parent gave her a somewhat sense of foreboding. One thing for sure, her dad would be livid the moment he found out they lived together. Why on earth did she let Sunggyu talked her into this?

“We’ll deal with that issue later...” he replied to her with a cheeky grin, looking very bright and cheerful.

“Aren’t you being overly excited about this?” she commented while holding out a black-leather traveling-bag to him. 

He laughed softly and muttered, “Of course I am. Don’t you?”

“No...”

He glanced at her, lips curled into a mischievous grin. “Scaredy cat...” he booped her nose, teasing her.   

She pursed her lips. "I'm not…"

"Sure baby...” he laughed and opened the car door for her. “Come on then, hop on!" He beckoned her toward the passenger seat. She let out a defeated sigh and climbed onto the black leather seat. "Ready to go?" he beamed at her as he settled down behind the steering wheel, looking excited. It somehow reminded her of an overly excited five years old kid on their first school trip.

"Not really…" she replied to him, fighting a smile appeared in her lips.

"Well, too bad for you then, you’re stuck with me for the rest of your life..." He winked at her.

“I should be more careful...” He laughed at her remark. “So how was your dinner date with Myungsoo and Soojung the other day?” he asked again after some time.

“Oh, that!” Eunji exclaimed, letting out a series of giggles. “It was really fun...” she continued, recalling the night she had a very entertaining dinner with Myungsoo and Soojung. “They’re so into each other...” she laughed again.

Sunggyu snorted. “I’m sorry you have to babysit those two...” he mused apologetically as the black SUV gliding through the busy afternoon street of Seoul.

“Nah, it’s fine. I am kinda glad you did. They’re so fascinating to watch...” He gave a suspicious glance, probably not buying what she just said. “I probably would moping on the corner all night if not for those two...” she added in a somber tone. 

“I’m sorry, I thought you would hate it that’s why I—”

“What? No..No... That’s not what I mean...” she interrupted his words. “It just... I missed having you around and you’re quite busy the whole week...” she elaborated.

“I know...I missed you too...” he reached out one hand and caressed her cheek lovingly. She hummed and closed her eyes, enjoying the warm sensation that spread throughout her body as she held his free arms in hers.

“Do you have a plan this weekend?” he asked again after a long moment of silence.

“Just the usual part-time job. Why?”

“Let’s go to Busan this weekend...” he said, squeezing her hand.

“Busan?”

“Yeah, I should greet your parents and introduce myself properly to both of them...” She knew sooner or later they would’ve to do it but still, she wasn’t too ready to face dad’s incoming wrath. “Don’t worry! I’m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter