Chapter 25

FALLIN'
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sunggyu arrives before noon in Seoul, super worn out. He almost falls asleep when his phone vibrating noisily. He grabs it and finds an incoming text message from Eunji. Again. She’s been texting him nonstop since this morning because she’s being cautious to give him a call because of her parents around. Sunggyu reads all of their convos again then chuckles low. The text messages basically said he has to look as normal as possible in front of her parent, which has he jokingly with ‘but you love the abnormal me more’ and she called him right away. She sounds freaked out and pissed at the same time. She ends up threatened him cutely with shushed tone because he keeps laughing at whatever she said. ‘do not try anything funny’ she warned him again before she hangs up their short phone call. He loved every second of it. She’s too adorable to be true and he’s totally smitten. Yeah, he knew that.

Eunji has been really freak out about the idea of him meeting her parents and he didn’t really understand why. She keeps saying he takes this meeting too lightly and she didn’t really happy about it, especially when Sunggyu didn’t seem nervous or troubled at all (according to Eunji). It's not true though. To be honest, he did feel nervous about meeting her parents. There’s no way he didn’t, just imagining her parent reactions when they see him or talk to him and the idea of ‘being rejected’ already sent shiver down to his spines. But sooner or later he’s going to meet them anyway. Besides, they already talked about it numerous times, even before her dad suggested him to go to the wedding reception with them. Since this unavoidable situation, he wants to get over this as quick as possible.

Sunggyu rolled over on his bed and checks the digital clock on his phone. The wedding reception started at 2 PM. It means he had two hours to get ready before picking up Eunji and her parents. It feels like forever. He decides to get up and take a shower before he ends up falling asleep and make fool of himself in front of Eunji’s parents.

***

Eunji stares at her phone screen impatiently. Sunggyu said he’ll text her when he's nearby, but still no new message from him.

“Maybe we should go down...” her mom says as Eunji's phone vibrating.

“Oh, he’s here...” she exclaimed to her parents, relieved.

“I still thought we should get a taxi instead...” her dad mutters low to her mom as they walk outside to the staircase.

Eunji sighs again recalling their conversation last night. She already did it for nth time since this morning. Yeah, her dad didn’t really like the idea of riding Sunggyu’s car. He has so many reasons for that, from the logical reasons to nonsense one. Well, at least mom on her side. ‘He just trying to make any excuses.’ mom said last night. 'Typical daddy girl', she added while holding her laughter.  

After several years living here, Eunji never imagines walking down the stairs would be this torturous. She never feels like this before. She feels so restless and nervous, especially about the idea of Sunggyu’s going to meet her parent for the first time. Her stomach flips when her dad pulls the exit gate before her and there Sunggyu's standing tall in semi-formal black suit minus tie. He just gets down from his car. He looks good, too good actually. The outfits alone already screaming who he is. So much for looking ‘as normal as possible’. She can't really blame him for looking so princely in those probably-the-cheapest-looking suit he's got. She groans low, growing more anxious now. 

She nervously glances at her dad when Sunggyu bows and greets him politely. He nodded to him stiffly, his expression unreadable. Probably trying to rate him on his own scales. Thank God her mom smiles warmly when Sunggyu greets her next. After the formal introduction, they proceed into the car without much talking. Her dad takes the passenger seat beside Sunggyu. Eunji gives him one last warning look before she gets into the back seat with her mom. Sunggyu smiles reassuringly at her.

Fifteen minutes driving no one trying to start the conv

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter