sweet & sour

PANNA COTTA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THE ELECTION DAY

 

GD is standing beside the windows while looking at the sky. That day he just has mixed feeling. He feels nervous about-face the shareholders. He feels scared if he has disappointed his family. Also, he feels proud of himself when he can manage the company well. While him staring at the scenery, suddenly his phone ringing. He saw Taeyeon number and pick up it.

“Hello…may I speak to Mr. Kwon, please” Taeyeon greet him jokingly.

“Yes, speaking” GD replied jokingly. Then Taeyeon is just laughing after that.

“How are you? Everything is fine?” Taeyeon asked.

“Hurm…I’m fine just feels worried” GD replied while walking to the chair and seat.

“You’ll be fine. Don’t worry. I know you can do it, Jiyong!” Taeyeon said to comfort him. GD just nodded without saying anything.

“When the meeting?” Taeyeon asked when she didn’t hear GD voice.

“In two hours from now” GD replied while looks at his watch. Taeyeon noticed GD nervous tone. Then she says

“Jiyong, listen to me. No matter what will go happen there, you have done better. Just go for it and remember our promise? I’ll be waiting for you” Taeyeon comfort him. GD smiles after he heard Taeyeon words.

“Thank you, dear. Love you” GD replied.

“Love you more” Taeyeon said and smile.

“I’m proud of you” Taeyeon continues. Then someone just knocks GD office door.

“I have to go now. Thank for your words. It really helps me” GD said before both of them ended the conversations.  

 

“Yes?” GD said after he hangs up the phone. GD secretary come in and bring him some folder and says

“Here the presentation file, boss”

“Thank you” GD replied while open the file.

“Good luck, boss. I’m happy to have the opportunity to work with you” he said.

“Thank you. You help me a lot, Joey” GD replied and smiled. Then Joseph just nodded and leaves him alone.

 

“May I coming?” GD grandmother appears suddenly.

“Halmeoni!” GD replied and approaches her.

“You came!” GD continues said.

“Of course. I’m hoejang. I should be here” she replied and smiled.

“Thank you, halmeoni” GD said and smile.

“Jiyong, someone wants to meet you” Dami appears suddenly while pushing Mr. Kwon wheelchair.

“Appa!” GD approach him

“Surprise!” Dami replied when she saw GD surprise by Mr. Kwon presence.

“How…when…” GD stuck his words. Everybody laughs when GD is like that.

“I’ll just get out this morning” Mr. Kwon replied.

“He insists me to bring him here!” Dami said while shakes her head.

“Oh…my…” GD just feels touched with his family.

“How’s your feel?” Mr. Kwon asked. GD just lifts his shoulder and smile awkwardly. Mr. Kwon noticed his son reaction. Then suddenly he said

“Can I talk to Jiyong privately?” while looking at Dami and GD grandmother.

“Yes, sure” both of them said and leave Mr. Kwon and GD alone.

 

“Come here. What’s wrong?” Mr. Kwon asked while asking GD to have a seat.

“What? Nothing is wrong” GD replied while awkwardly smile. Mr. Kwon chuckles when he saw GD smile.

“Don’t pretend. I know by seeing your face” Mr. Kwon replied and smiles to GD. GD takes a deep breath before he says

“Okay, I’m sorry. I’m just too nervous” GD said.

“What are you worried about?” Mr. Kwon asked.

“I don’t know, appa. Is my feeling just…feels wrong? Uncomfortable with these things…” GD replied while touching his chest. Mr. Kwon stares at him and he saw that GD is under pressure.

“Be honest with me, are you really want to do this? You ready to manage this company?” Mr. Kwon asked GD thought. GD stunned by his father questions. At first, he hesitates to answer but Mr. Kwon keep staring and waiting for him to answer then he just says

“I don’t know. I just scared of disappointing you and halmeoni”

“Hurm…” Mr. Kwon pause his words then continues

“If you don’t want to do this just don’t do it. We know you, Jiyong. You are not disappointing us. You have done enough for us and the company, son” he says to try to comfort GD. GD surprise by Mr. Kwon words.

“Don’t push yourself too hard, Jiyong. We are family” Mr. Kwon keeps saying to GD.

“Appa…” GD touched with Mr. Kwon words then he kneels down in front of Mr. Kwon.

“I know that I’m not a good son but I’ll try to be a good one. I’m sorry, appa. For everything that troubles you and others. I am sorry” GD said while holding his tears.

“No…don’t be like this. You are my son. My good son! Perhaps, it may not be your fate to become the chairman of this company” Mr. Kwon said while looking at GD.

“Come here” Mr. Kwon asked GD to get closed. GD make himself closed to Mr. Kwon then Mr. Kwon rub his hair softly and said

“Just go…just do what do you want to do. I always stay and support you”

He feels frustrate when GD prefer to let go to manage the company but he just wants his son happiness. So he decided to let him do what he likes. 

GD stunned for a while then suddenly his tears flowing on his cheeks.

“Thank you, appa. Thank you…” GD said while sobbing. At the same time, Dami and GD grandmother is standing next to a wall listening to their conversation.

“Dami, get yourself ready. You will be appointed as the company new chairman” GD grandmother said while wipes her tears. Meanwhile, Dami just stunned with her grandmother words by standing stiffly.

“Am I what?” Dami said shocked.

 

ONE WEEK LATER

 

JEJU ISLAND

 

“What are we doing here?” Taeyeon asked GD while they arrive at Aqua Planet Jeju.

“Dating with you” GD answers while smiling. Then he grabs Taeyeon hand and pulls to the front gate. After buying the ticket, they began touring around the place and enjoying the moments.

“Looks at this. It looks like you” GD said to tease Taeyeon while pointing to the fish.

“Yah…!” Taeyeon said and smacked his back. GD just laughing and pull Taeyeon closed to him.

“But you’re the cute one” GD said and make Taeyeon blushing.

“Let’s go there” GD said and pulls Taeyeon hand toward the tank tunnel.

“Wah…it’s beautiful” Taeyeon said while impressed with the scenery. GD just smile beside Taeyeon after heard her words. For a few minutes, they are just standing there and enjoy the scenery in it. Then, Taeyeon is staring at GD silently.

The previous day, Taeyeon was surprised by GD presence at the café. He comes to meet her and told her that he withdraws from being the chairman. The news makes everybody in the café shock. However, Taeyeon knows that GD has his own reasons to do that and she just supports his decisions.

“Am I too handsome who makes you always looking at me?” GD suddenly said. Taeyeon stunned when GD said that. Then, she turns to looks away. GD is just smiling while looking at Taeyeon.

“Let’s go there” Taeyeon said and a walk away to avoid GD. GD just shakes his head and mumbles

“She’s cute” then he followed her from behind.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter