Togetherness

PANNA COTTA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEOUL

 

Anne tries to call GD after she meets with her agency manager but she never gets through the line.

“Where is this guy? Why he doesn’t bother with the news?” Anne mumbles alone.

Then she insists to find GD by own. She drives to his office while hoping that he was there.

 

SEOUL HOSPITAL

 

“I want to go out with Jiyong. If anything happens you can call Jiyong” GD grandmother said to Mrs. Kwon and Mr. Kwon.

“Where are you going?” Mr. Kwon asked curiously.

“To meet your future daughter-in-law” she replied and smiled. Dami and Mrs. Kwon is frowning after they heard that.

“Come again?” Dami asked surprise.

“We going!” she said while ignoring Dami question. Then Dami follows her to ask her grandmother. Meanwhile, Mr. Kown and Mrs. Kwon still surprised what just happen.

 

“Halmeoni! Wait!” Dami tries to stop her. Then she saw GD is standing in the hallway while looking at his phone.

“Jiyong, where are you going with halmeoni?” Dami asked GD when she approaches him. GD just speechless while giving his phone to his sister. Dami looks at the phone and saw some address then she looks at him confusedly before handed back his phone.

“Aigoo…Dami-ya, don’t worry. I can handle this matter” her grandmother said while pulling GD hand.

“Let’s go. You get the address, right?” she continues said. Meanwhile, GD just stunned and confused by his grandmother behavior on that day. He stares at Dami with confused expressions and Dami just frown while thinking what is her grandmother doing.

 

KIM HOUSE

 

After lunch hour, Mrs. Kim comes back and saw Taeyeon is in the kitchen while washing some plate and bowls used before.

“Taeyeon-na! When you arrive?” Mrs. Kim asked and smile at her.

“Omma!” Taeyeon washes her hand before going hugs her mother.

“Aigoo…Why are you look so thin?” Mrs. Kim asked while looks at her daughter.

“Really?” Taeyeon also looks at herself.

“What are you cooking?” Mrs. Kim asked while looks at the stuff in the sink.

“Just ramen and some pie. You want some?” Taeyeon asked.

“Yeah for sure…but I have to change my cloth first” Mrs. Kim said before leaving the kitchen.

“What do you want to eat for dinner?” Mrs. Kim shouts while walking to her room.

“I don’t know. Just cook what you want” Taeyeon replied.

 

 

IN GD CAR

 

Along the way to Taeyeon house, GD feels confused what his grandmother doing and nervous to meet Taeyeon family. Meanwhile, his grandmother beside him just stares at him silently. Then she says

“Jiyong…” she stops for a while before continues

“I’m sorry for too pushy you”

“Halmeoni…it’s not…” GD tries to say but she interrupts and says

“No…no…listen first. I know I have to do too many for our family just for the pursuit of success but…” she pauses and takes a deep breath and continues

“But I forget about you and Dami happiness. I really love both of you. You’re my goodness and Dami is my prosperity. However, I don’t think I am a good grandmother to both of you. I’m too demanding and selfish. I don’t think what are you guys want in your life and happy with what you’re doing. I’m sorry, Jiyong”

GD is speechless after he heard his grandmother words. He tries to say something but his mind didn’t think anything to say.

“I know I am supposedly appreciated what just you have done for this family. I re-think what you told me that night. You’re right. I should know her before judge her. She is precious. She knows about your background but she never takes advantage of what you have. Yet, she is the one want you to pursue my ambition. I feel guilty toward her. And you know what? When I saw her on the TV show before and I saw her passions while she cooking. If she is really precious to you…I think I can try to accept her as long my Jiyong is happy” GD grandmother said while holding her tears.

“Halmeoni…it’s…thanks…me…I don’t know what to say” GD said scattered. He doesn’t know what he should say while his heart feels so touched by his grandmother words.

“It is okay, Jiyong. I understand. So let’s meet her and I will explain everything” she said while smiling. GD turns to look at his grandmother and smile.

“Halmeoni…I love you” GD said and touched her hand softly.

 

SEOUL HOSPITAL

 

“Someone want to explain to me what just happen?” Mr. Kwon asked curiously while looking at his wife and daughter. Meanwhile, Dami and Mrs. Kwon is just staring at each other with awkward expressions.

“Dami?” Mr. Kwon asked his daughter.

“Hurm…Appa…” Dami hesitates to say.

“Dear, you have to take some rest. We can talk about this later” Mrs. Kwon try to help Dami but Mr. Kwon insist to know the truth. In the end, Dami has to tell him everything that happens and also about the relationship between GD and Taeyeon. Mr. Kwon listens interestingly. After Dami finish her story, Mr. Kwon says

“Trust your halmeoni. She knows what she doing. Look at me and your omma”

“What? Halmeoni also opposite you guys?” Dami asked surprise. Mr. Kwon and Mrs. Kwon just smile at Dami. Suddenly, Dami phone ringing and she picks up the call.

“Boss, someone is looking for the Chairman” the caller said.

“Who is it?” Dami asked curiously.

“She says that she’s our ambassador, Miss Anne” the caller said. Dami stunned for a while before reply

“Say her to come tomorrow and meet me”

“Okay, boss” the caller said before ended the conversations.

“Who is it?” Mrs. Kwon asked when she saw her daughter expressions.

“Office. I have to settle it tomorrow” Dami answer randomly.

 

KWON COMPANY

 

“Miss, our boss said that she will meet you tomorrow” the staff said to Anne.

“What? Why? Can I meet right now?” Anne asked furiously.

“Sorry, miss. They are not in the office today” the staff says politely. Then Anne just leaves the company and goes to her car.

“Is he trying to avoid me?” Anne asked herself.

“Where are you, Jiyong?” Anne mumbles while starting the car engine.

 

KIM HOUSE

 

Mrs. Kim prepares some ingredients to make dinner. Taeyeon walks into the kitchen and asks her mother

“What are you wanted to make tonight?”

“How about Sundubu Jjigae?” Mrs. Kim asked while taking out some vegetable from the fridge.

“Yeahh…! Sound delicious” Taeyeon replied happily. Mrs. Kim shakes her head and smiles at her daughter behavior.

“Let me help you” Taeyeon said

“How about you make me Sujeonggwa? Appa always miss your Sujeonggwa” Mrs. Kim said

“Okay, Omma!” Taeyeon said while taking some vegetable to wash it on the sink.

“Where is Hayeon?” Mrs. Kim asked when she didn’t notice her after she comes back.

“She said she has a study group at her friend house. She will be back before the dinner” Taeyeon replied while washing the mushroom. Mrs. Kim just nodded after she heard Taeyeon words.

 

A FEW HOURS LATER

 

“This is her house?” GD grandmother asked when GD stops his car beside a house.

“I think so. The address shows it here” GD said while looking at his phone. Then GD looks at the house number to confirm it.

“Yes, halmeoni. This is the house” GD said after he confirms it before.

“It’s nice” she said while looks at the house.

“Go push the doorbell” she said to GD. GD hesitate for a while before he pushes the doorbell.

“Yes?” Someone is greeting him.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter