Bitterness

PANNA COTTA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ROOFTOP KLOUD BAR

 

GD arrive at the bar several hours later. While he looks around, Taeyang noticed his arrival and shouts from the crowd

“Yo bro! Over here!”

“Jiyong!...Jiyong!...Jiyong…” all his friends shouts his name together. GD smile toward them while walking to the table.

“Our chairman is here!” one of the friends shout while giving GD the drink. GD take it and said

“Cheers!”

“Cheers!” All his friends shout together.

“What do you want to eat? It’s my treat” Taeyang said while smiling.

“Anything” GD replied and drink.

 

“Someone is staring at some guy” one of Anne friend .

“Shut up!” Anne smacks her friend back and looks away.

“Hey, go talk to him!” her friend said

“You sure? I don’t think he will talk to me” Anne replied when she saw GD is happily talking with his friend.

“It’s up to you if you want to be secret admirer forever” her friend provoke her. Anne just staring at GD while her friend still keeps nagging beside her.

“Hey, are you listening?” her friend asked.

“What?” Anne awake and turn to her friend.

“Never mind. I go get more drinks” her friend said and leave her with others.

 

While his friend goes to the dance floor, GD stays alone while finishing his food.

“Are you just want to seat here?” Taeyang asked

“Just go. I want to finish this” GD replied and take a bite of some shrimp.

“Okay. Join us when you finish it” Taeyang said and leave him alone. GD shake his heads and continue eating. While eating, GD takes a looks at his phone and want to message Taeyeon. However, before he texting her, someone just approaches him and said

“You looks very hungry”. GD turn his head and saw Anne is standing in front of the table.

“Hey, I know you…hurm…” GD said while frowning and thinking.

“Mr. Lee daughter, right?” GD continues after he remembers her.

“Yeah” Anne replied shortly while nodded.

“May I?” she asked while pointing at the chair.

“Yes sure” GD replied give her permission to the seat.

“I don’t notice you before” GD continues said while looks around.

“That’s because you are too focusing on your meals” Anne said jokingly. GD laughing after heard said but honestly, he really hungry because he didn’t have time to eat after the meeting before.

“Are you with them?” Anne asked while pointing at Taeyang and his other friends.

“Yes. You?” GD asked while he takes some tomato in the plate.

“I’m with her” Anne point at her friend that dancing with one of GD friend.

“So that’s the connection” GD replied while looks at the dance floor and find out how is she is there with his friends.

“Why don’t you join them?” GD continue asked.

“Not in the mood.” Anne replied and sips her drink. Meanwhile, GD just smiles and continue to take a look at his phone.

“Are you texting someone?” Anne asked curiously when she saw GD looks at his phone and smiling.

“Yup” GD replied shortly. That answer really makes Anne feels unpleasant.

“Girlfriend?” Anne asked again curiously. GD just nodded while his looking at the phone. Anne feels hurt by his reaction toward her.

“Who is she?” Anne continue asked. However, GD noticed her curiosity about him then he said

“Don’t you think that you asking me too much?”. Anne snapped with GD words then she replies

“Sorry. I don’t mean to be rude”

“No offense. I don’t think it proper to asking someone personal in early acquainted” GD said.

“Then…how about we befriend? I like to know you more” Anne replied while smiling and hand out her hand for a handshake. GD looks at her blankly but he reaches her hand and shakes it slowly.

“Nice to meet you” Anne said while handshake with him and smile widely.

“Yeah, me too” GD said while smile back at her. After that, both of them keep talking to each other. The conversation becomes more casual after both of them feels comfortable with each other. They talk about their career, their hobby, and other issues. They change each other contact number and enjoy that night with their friends happily.

 

TWO WEEKS LATER

 

Taeyeon agrees with the publisher offers. She will be a guest chef on the show in Seoul.

“Hey, Tae! We will support you!” Sooyoung said when Taeyeon asked her permissions to take a leave for the show.

“Thanks, boss!” Taeyeon said while smiling widely.

“Don’t forget to mention our café…I give you a voucher for Beaming Effect product” she said smiling.

“Sounds good” Taeyeon replied before leaving the office.

 

“Hey, when will you leave?” Tiffany asked while she takes a rest at the kitchen.

“Next day” Taeyeon replied while piping the cream on the fruit pie.

“Are you ready for the show?” Tiffany asked while her hand take one of the pie and bite it.

“Hey, don’t eat that” Taeyeon said after she saw Tiffany take one of the pies.

“Sorry. I’m hungry just looking at it” Tiffany said while munching the pie. Taeyeon shakes her heads.

“I’m nervous for that show” Taeyeon replied at Tiffany question before.

“Hey, don’t worry. You can do it! We are here for you!” Tiffany said excitedly.

“Yes. I know.” Taeyeon relied on and smile.

“Did he know that you will be back?” Tiffany asked Taeyeon about GD. Taeyeon looks at Tiffany with an unhappy expression.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Tiffany asked when she noticed Taeyeon expressions.

“He didn’t contact me one week ago” Taeyeon replied then she continues her piping.

“Didn’t you try to contact him?” Tiffany asked curiously.

“I did but he didn’t reply. If I call him, he just says he will call me back but never” Taeyeon spill her sadness.

“Maybe he is really busy” Tiffany said to comfort Taeyeon.

“I think so. That’s why I didn’t want to bother him more” Taeyeon said to comfort herself.

“Don’t worry…” Tiffany said while rubbing Taeyeon arm.

“Hey, you can meet him there. Surprise him!” Tiffany said to make Taeyeon feels better.

“I’m planning to do so but…” Taeyeon paused her words and feels hesitate.

“But what?” Tiffany asked confusedly.

“Nothing” Taeyeon said and smile awkwardly.

 

SEOUL CITY

 

Just a few months before the chairman election meeting. GD is busy to finalize several projects before the meeting. He has to travel to Busan, Daegu, and Ulsan for their company new projects. In same times, he has to attend several meeting with outsider investment and entertain them with Korean culture. He knows that last week he really didn’t have a time for himself. He also didn’t text or call Taeyeon. In a week he feels terrible for doing that. However, he and Anne getting closer when the company agreed to pick Anne the shareholders' daughter as their ambassador for the new projects. Both of them have to travel together a lot. When Anne is together with GD, she will make him pay more attention to her. Moreover, when GD is busy with his business and accompanied by Anne, GD doesn’t feel loneliness. That make the reasons that he didn’t feel yearning even he didn’t call or texting Taeyeon.

 

“Boss, you want to stay tonight?” his secretary asked. GD looks at him and nodded before continues reading the documents.

“Do you want anything?” he asked GD

“Nope. I’m fine. You can go” GD replied. After that, his secretary leaves his office and leave him alone.   

Around 9 o’clock, GD has finished his work for that day. He looks at his watch and then he rubs his face slowly. He takes out his phone and looks for some message. There is Taeyeon message and he opens it.

 

I’m coming to Seoul next day for the show

 

GD read the message and want to reply, however, someone shout from the door and hold him from texting Taeyeon back.

“I know you still here!” Anne said after she opens the door. GD surprise by her arrival but still smile at her and said

“What are you doing here?”

“Oh, just drop by. I bought you a muffin” Anne said while showing a box in her hand.

“You don’t have to” GD replied while stuffing his documents.

“I know you hungry” Anne said and walks to the table and placed the box on there.

“I can eat after this” GD replied and put his phone in his pocket.

“No…no…you have to try this” Anne said and open the box. She takes one of the muffins and gives it to GD. GD stare at muffin for a while. That time suddenly he missed Taeyeon.

“You just want to stare at it?” Anne suddenly asked confusedly when she saw GD just stare at the muffin. GD snapped with Anne words then he takes the muffin. He looks for a while before biting it slowly.

“It’s delicious, right?” Anne said and she takes one muffin for herself.

“Hurm…” GD replied

“So…can we have a drink after this?” Anne asked while munching her muffin.

“No…no…I have to go back. I’m too tired for hanging out” GD give some excuses.

“Come on…just a drink” Anne persuade GD to join her. However, GD shakes his head and said

“Nope. I’m past” then he takes his bag and walks to the door.

“Are we leaving?” GD asked when he saw Anne didn’t get up from the chair.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter