Introduction

PANNA COTTA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

GD walks toward the hotel balcony and stare at the scenery in front of him. He is standing at the balcony while looks at the sunset. He takes a deep breath then he closes his eyes to feel the breeze of Busan beach. That point he tries to release his burden toward his problems and slowly he opens his arm widely and feels the freedom for a while. While he closes his eyes, he heard someone is humming photograph song from the next balcony. He opens his eyes and looks at the neighbor balcony but he saw nothings. However, the humming makes he feels calm and release his stress. He tries to peek the neighbor but suddenly he’s phone rang. He looks at the ID caller and saw his mother name.

 

“Hello, Ji. Where are you?” Mrs. Kwon asked.

“Busan” GD answer shortly.

“Yah! What are you doing there?” Mrs. Kwon asked in shock.

“Runaway” GD answers lazily.

“Kwon Jiyong! Come back home right now. If you don’t want to argue again with your Appa and halmeoni” Mrs. Kwon warns him before he gets into more trouble. GD just rolling his eyes and makes annoy expression without answering Mrs. Kwon warns.

“Did you hear what I’m saying, Jiyong?” Mrs. Kwon asked when GD didn’t answer her.

“Yes, Omma. Tomorrow I will be back” GD said then he heard his mother shout after heard his answers.

“Arasso~” GD said back after a while. Then he hangs up the phone and screams loudly.

“Arghhhh! Just let me live with what I want” GD mutters by himself.

 

After he’s scream, his neighbor peek him behind the curtains. GD notices it and bow to apologies. Then the neighbor just give a sign with hand to GD keep quiet. GD is just nodded and ashamed by his behavior. Then the neighbor closed the curtains and leave GD there still stares at the curtains.

 

Taeyeon unpack her stuff while humming photograph song. While she busy with the stuff, suddenly she heard someone is talking outside at the balcony. She peeks for a while and saw a guy then she continues her unpacking. After that she heard the guy is screaming. She stiff for a while and get up to looks outside. She covers herself behind the curtains and looks at him. She saw some guy stand there with his red hair and short pant and wearing the singlet. She noticed that he aware her presence behind the curtains. She saw he bow to her and apologies. She doesn’t know how to respond to his apologies, then she just sign him to keep silent then she closed her curtains and go to the washroom to refresh up her because she want to meet her friend afterwards.

 

AT NIGHT

Then beat music in the club makes the entire guest enjoying their self with the music. Taeyeon seat at the bar and looks at her friends dance on the dance floor. She didn’t want to join them because she just wants to enjoy herself with the drinks. While she shakes her head by following the music beat, suddenly someone come and seat beside her. She looks at him and noticed the red hair in front of her eyes.

 

“Hi, there” GD greet her.

“Why don’t you join them over there?” he continues said while pointing toward Taeyeon friends. Taeyeon just stare at him with weird expressions. She smells alcohol on him.

“Do you needs accompany? I can seat here with you” GD said while looking at Taeyeon.

“No. It’s okay. Just leave me alone” Taeyeon replied then get up from the seat. Then GD tries to stop her but accidently grab her jacket and its revealing her right arm. GD saw her tattoo on her arm writing ‘serenity’.

“Nice tattoo” GD stare at the tattoo before him fainting due to drunk. Taeyeon surprise when he suddenly collapse in front of her. People nearby are looking at him and Taeyeon. Taeyeon didn’t know what she should do about him. Then suddenly someone shout from the behind

“Yah, GD! Aigooo~~” GD friend, Taeyang come and approach him on the floor.

“I’m sorry, miss. He is too drunk.” Taeyang said while looks at Taeyeon. Taeyeon just nodded then leave him with his friend there.

“What a weird person” Taeyeon mumble slowly then she go toward her friends on the dance floor. However, she still staring at him whiles with her friends. She saw his friend help him to get up and leave the club.

“Poor guy” Taeyeon said slowly and shakes her head.

 

NEXT DAY

 

GD wakes up in the morning and feels his head hurt due to drunk last night. He touches his head and feels dizzy. He takes a look around and realizes that he at his hotel room. He pinch his head try to remember last night incident but he can’t remember anything’s. However, he just remembers about someone with ‘serenity’ tattoo. While he try remembering the last night memory, he looks at his watch and saw that his already late for his train back to Seoul. He rashly gets up and goes to the bathroom.

 

Taeyeon walks toward departure hall. She last checks her stuff and ticket before check into the train. While she walks, suddenly someone bump it her shoulder hardly. She missed the ticket in hand when someone hit her. Unfortunately, the person didn’t stop and say sorry toward her. He just passes by her and looks at her with irate expressions. Taeyeon stare at him and again she found a familiar figure. It’s a red hair guy with impolite attitude. She just shakes her head and takes back her ticket on the floor.

“Stupid dragon” Taeyeon mumble while take her ticket. She thinks that he really looks like dragon with his red hair and his behavior.

 

SEVERAL MONTHS LATER

 

“I want you to manage the café” Mr. Kwon said while looks at GD.

“I don’t want! I want to continue my works at the gallery” GD replied tries protest his father words.

“No! I disagree. You learn nothing there” Mr. Kwon argues with GD.

“How do you know? You never see my effort over there” GD replied with sarcastic voice. Mr. Kwon looks at him with angry expressions.

“Then how do you want to learn handle the company if you wasting your time with stupid things!” Mr. Kwon fights back GD words.

“You have your lovely daughter. Just let her handle your company. Leave me alone!” GD argues back Mr. Kwon words.

“And arts are not stupid things!” GD continues said. While they have argument, suddenly GD grandmother comes into the hall.

“What's so noisy over here?” GD grandmother asked. GD and Mr. Kwon are silent when she asked them.

“What’s wrong?” she asked again.

“I just want him to handle the café at the Jeju” Mr. Kwon said

“But he refused. He wants to continue his works at the gallery” Mr. Kwon continues explains. GD just keeps silent and looks down at floor.

“Why you don’t want to work at the café?” she asked GD.

“I don’t like it.” GD replied shortly. She looks at him for a while then said

“But you are the only our heirs” she tries to persuade GD.

“Just give to Dami. She knows how to handle the company.” GD replied with tense expressions.

“Why are you too stubborn?” Mr. Kwon suddenly interrupts. GD grandmother gives a sign to Mr. Kwon to take calm down.

“Jiyong, do you really to be like this?” she said calmly. GD didn’t respond her then she continues

“How about this, you try works there for a month then if you can give the profit on company… ” she paused for a while

“Then I agree to open your own gallery and do as you want” she continues.

“But…Omma” Mr. Kwon tries to object the suggestions.

“However, if he can’t give any profit on company, I will make sure you work at the company and forget about your arts FOREVER” GD grandmother continues said.

“We have to give him a chance and he need to prove it to us that he can survive” she said and give a challenge stare at GD. GD looks at both of them and think hard about his grandmother words. He thinks that his grandmother offer really interesting but he have to choose wisely. He really wants to open his own gallery but in same times he didn’t want to work in the company.

“Let me think first.” GD said and get up from the couch.

“Up to you…but if you refused it then no more compromise between us. I do this because you the only heirs that our family have. Just think deeply before you refused.” She said with confident voice. GD looks at his grandmother for a while then leave the hall.

“Omma, what are doing?” Mr. Kwon asked her curiously.

“I know what I am doing. Trust me” she said confidently. Mr. Kwon just shakes his head then walk leave the hall.

“I need her help” she mutter slowly.

 

MONSANT CAFÉ, JEJU ISLAND

 

There are only a few people in the café. Choi Sooyoung, Monsant Café manager looks around the café with frustrate expressions. She feels unhappy with the café profit. She walks toward the kitchen café with a slow step. While she enters the kitchen, she saw Daesung the Japanese food chef are seat on the chair with close eyes. Meanwhile, Seungri Western food chef just seat on the cabinet while playing with his phone and Sunny the Korean cuisine chef at the sink wash the pots. Sooyoung just shakes her heads walks away from the kitchen. She saw Yuri the barista working on customers request after get out from the kitchen. Then she walks toward the counter and saw Yoona the waitress are sitting there and pondering.

“Im Yoona!” Sooyoung shout to make Yoona awake from her pondering. Yoon surprise by Sooyoung shouts.

“Yah! What are you doing? You really make me heart attack” Yoona said while rub her chest. Sooyoung just chuckle by Yoona reactions.

“I’m sorry. Where is everybody?” Sooyung asked her.

“Hyoyeon at the back and Tiffany over there with the customers” Yoona tells Sooyoung about the other waitress. Sooyoung just nodded then she walks toward Tiffany.

“Fany, come here for a while.” Sooyoung called Tiffany.

“What’s up?” Tiffany asked.

“Come to my office. I have to talk to you something’s” Sooyoung said and walks to her office while Tiffany follows her from behind.

 

IN THE OFFICE

 

“What’s up?” Tiffany asked after them in the office.

“The company wants re-arrange this café. So, it’s probably that some of the worker will be fired or we more staff. They think our café didn’t perform well lately. ” Sooyoung tries to explain.

“Then what will you do?” Tiffany asked her with curious expressions.

“I don’t know. That why I call you here because you are my right hand here.” Sooyoung said to Tiffany. She knows Tiffany is a reliable old worker. Up and down on café they have each other supports. That’s why she always includes Tiffany for some opinion or decisions.

“What actually the companies want to do?” Tiffany asked her.

“Here their latest proposal for this café.” Sooyoung said and give the proposal to Tiffany. Tiffany takes a look at the proposal diligently. After that, she said

“Hurm…so they want to send someone to handle this café, huh?” Sooyoung just nodded then sigh.

“Then how about you?” Tiffany asked curiously.

“I will be the assistant. The company said it’s for temporary until the café profit stable back” Sooyoung explain to Tiffany.

“How about we suggest hiring a baker here? At least, we can have some income from the main side here.” Tiffany gives her opinion. Sooyoung think about Tiffany idea while nodding her head.

“Hurm…that’s was brilliant ideas. I will propose it to the company. Then we have to make an interview to get the baker, right?” Sooyoung asked. Tiffany just nodded and pondering.

“Then we need to make a space for that in this café. That will cause a more cost” Tiffany continues said. Sooyoung pondering for a while then she call café accountant, Seohyun.

 

“Hello, Hyunnie” Sooyoung greet her.

“I need you. Can you come to the café tomorrow?” Sooyoung asked.

“Why? What happen, unnie?” Seohyun asked.

“I need your expertise. Come after business hours” Sooyoung replied.

“Arasso, unnie.” Seohyun said then.

“Okay. Thanks, hyunnie” Sooyoung said then she hangs up the phone.

 

“Fany, told all the worker, tomorrow we have the meeting after the business hours. I want to hear some opinion from them and told them about the new manager” Sooyoung said while jots down in the planner. Tiffany nodded and excuses herself to continue her works.

 

TOP ART GALLERY

 

“Hyung, what do you think about this?” GD asked Top opinion about his grandmother offer.

“Hurm…its great offer but you have to take a risk” Top said while focusing on his ceramic.

“But hyung, it’s really annoyed me” GD complaints about his oldster.

“Chill bro, they care about you.” Top tries to give positive vibe to GD. He knows GD have a good skill on arts but he don’t want GD just fulfill his desire only.

“If they care, they should let me do what I want” GD releases his burden through words. Top just shakes his head. He knows, GD really stubborn when someone restrains his freedom.

“Arasso! If you want to make them trusts in you then prove it! Leave your miserable life. Stop drunk on club and make them worried about you!” Top suddenly give him an advices. GD stares blankly at the ceramic and think about Top words.

“Think about what I said. Don’t waste your life like this. You have a lot to achieve in this age.” Top continues said. GD just keeps silent and thinks about Top words. Top feels guilty when he saw GD expressions.

“Aigo~~. I’m sorry. It’s just my 20cent opinion. Come let us finish this ceramic together afterward I buy you something delicious” Top said tries to comfort GD. GD looks at Top for a while and then he prepare himself before handling with ceramic.

 

“Sorry, we have to close this bakery.” The owner said to Taeyeon.

“But…we have the regular customer here” Taeyeon replied with sad expressions.

“Yeah, I know…but you know. I can’t pay your wages two month directly. In same time, I have to bear many debts. That’s why I have to sell this bakery.” The owner said with sad expressions. Taeyeon feels upset after heard the news. She works at the bakery for a years and she like it a lot. The owner is a middle age entrepreneurs that give her chance to improve her skills at the bakery by hiring her there. However, the bakery cannot last long because they can’t get some profit from their sales.

“Sorry, Tae. I have to do this. Just think about my family. I will go back to the Ganghwa Island and continues my family job.” The owner said sympathy toward Taeyeon. Taeyeon just speechless while stare blankly to the owner. She thinks hard how to survive when she have no job to do. She just feels upset and frustrate toward the bakery.

“Are you, okay?” the owner asked. Taeyeon just nodded then get up from the seat slowly.

“But wait…” the owner tries to stop her. Taeyeon stop and stare at him.

“I have a niece that works at the café in Jeju Island. If you are interest I can give your resume to her. Perhaps she can give you a job at her café. ” the owner said. Suddenly, she feels ease after heard the owner said.

“It is?” Taeyeon asked curiously.

“Yes. I can’t just let you go like this. That is so unfair toward your hard work.” The owner said. Taeyeon just smile and say thanks to him. After that, she excuses herself and continues her works.

 

MONSANT CAFÉ

 

Everybody has gathered in the café. The meeting including the kitchen staff is Sunny, Daesung and Seungri. The waitress is Yoona, Hyoyeon and Tiffany and Yuri the barista. Sooyoung come afterward with the Seohyun accountant for the café.

“It’s everybody here?” Sooyoung asked them. Tiffany nodded after looks at everybody.

“So I’m sorry for sudden meeting. I have something to tell all of you and it’s important.” Sooyoung said to start the meeting.

“Actually, our companies want to re-arrange the café. So they just handed me the proposal to change the café including our services.” Sooyoung tries to explain. Suddenly Daesung interrupt

“Why they want to change the café? We give our best service to the customers.”

“Yeah…and the café already perfect to be change” Seungri continues.

“Yes. I know but we can’t afford the profit to the company. They need more from the café.” Sooyoung said.

“But it’s unfair for us here. They didn’t know what we do here then suddenly pap! Change here…change there…what the fish!” Hyoyeon interrupt afterward.

“Yes…I know it’s unfair for us here but listen…” Sooyoung tries to calm down them but suddenly Yuri cut Sooyoung words and said

“All they want just profit…money…gives them more…bla...bla…bla…”

“Calm down everyone” Tiffany tries to calm them.

“Let she finish her words. Listen first” Tiffany continues said. Everybody just shakes their head. Sooyoung know that they are upset with the managements but she tries to make them understand the company desire.

“Listen everybody. I know what all of you feel toward the company. But please listen. I will defend this café just like you guys here. I will do anything’s to improve this café. But I need all of your support to make it reality here. ” Sooyoung said to comfort them.

“Did they really want to fire us if we can’t give some profit to them?” Yoona asked curiously.

“I won’t let it happen” Sooyoung said with determined expressions.

“Sound confident there” Seungri said while smirk.

“Yes. Please give me some support here to make sure it didn’t happen” Sooyoung said tries to begging.

“Then what would we do here?” Yuri asked curiously.

“That’s why we have this meeting. I need some opinion and some decision for our café here” Sooyoung said calmly.

“I just give an idea to bring more menus into the café. We can have some baker to make some pastry. At least, with the side menu we can increase our income” Tiffany said.

“Do you think it can give more profit to the café?” Daesung asked unconfidently.

“At least we give a try.” Tiffany replied.

“How about the place? There is no space for place more oven and baker stuff here” Sunny said after silent for a while.

“That does can be arranging.” Sooyoung replied.

“It will cost a lot of money” Yoona said with anxious expressions.

“I can handle it.” Seohyun suddenly said afterwards.

“And I will manage the money properly.” Seohyun continues.

“If you can handle it then carry on. I won’t object” Seungri said while hands up his both hands.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter