Working Woman

Crush on You

~Saturday; 7:45~

Today's the day where I work for the first time. I head downstairs and look for something to eat. Hmm. I'll just eat this boring old rice cake. I grab the rice cake and add peanut butter and banana. There. Perfect.

I slowly eat the rice cake as I think about my job today. I wonder who I'll meet today. Maybe I'll get a new friend. What should I do when I get there? Who's gonna watch over me? Was this a smart decision? I shake the negative thoughts away and eat the rest of my breakfast. Nah, I'll be fine. Just breathe Sara. I start walking to work and look at the time, realizing I still have 40 minutes until my shift starts. I go inside of a nearby coffee shop and see Xiumin.

He locks eye contact with me and jumps up, running to the counter. "Sorry, Sara. How may I help you?" I giggle, "It's fine. Can I get an iced coffee, please?" "Coming up! That'll be $1.24." "Oh, shouldn't that size be $2.03?" "Sara, why are you the only person I know who'd refuse a discount?" I hand him the money, "Thanks." He takes the money with a smile and fixes my drink.

"Here ya go! Enjoy." "Thanks, bye Xiumin." "Bye, Sara." I leave the restaurant. Wow, the boys in my class are so nice. I take a sip and head to work.

~1 hour later~

"Sara! Take the next customer please!" "Oh-Okay." I quickly run over to the table and the lady tells me what she wants very quickly. "Yes, ma'am." I gather my tools and start working.

~3 hours later~

I eat a bag of chips I bought a few minutes ago for lunch. They're a bit too salty but will suffice. The front door opens and in comes- Kisung?

He looks around for a second and ignores everyone's questions while walking straight towards me. "Rude much?," I say. "I thought I saw you walking to the back earlier and waited til' my break to see if it was actually you." "Yeah, this is my new part-time job." He snaps a picture of me.

"Ha, you look silly." "Thanks, you obviously came in here for something else. A mani or pedi, perhaps?" "I'm leaving to work at my manly job aka the tattoo parlor beside here, Princess," he mocks before actually leaving. I laugh and get back to eating my chips.

~1 hour later; 2 pm~

"Okay, Sara. You can go now. These photos here will be placed on the wall behind your station next time, so you're customers will know what you're capable of." I look at the photos.

"Hey, I did these earlier." "Yes, and we take pictures of the results before they leave. Every time you do a set, the photos will be behind you." Wow. "Thanks; see you all tomorrow," I say before leaving the salon.

~That Night; 6 pm~

I plop down on the couch and start eating some frozen yogurt bark.

Related image

Suddenly my stomach starts to cramp and my mom walks in the living room. "Sara, your father and I are going out tonight. Take care of things while we're gone." "Okay," I say, "have fun." "We will." Dad walks into the living room and grabs the car keys. He bends over to give me a hug, "See you around 11." "You guys are gonna be gone all night?" "Yep, we're going to a party and then we'll have a nice romantic dinner." "Aww. How sweet," I sarcastically say. He ruffles my hair and Mom gives me a kiss on the cheek. They leave after one last 'goodbye' and I think I need to go to the bathroom. I don't feel too well. Yep, I knew it. I look in the bathroom cabinet.

Ooh, I have a few left. I need to purchase more later. I take one and finish using the restroom. I walk out and see Princess on the couch staring at something.

I walk towards her and see my brother on the opposite side.

"What? Don't tell me. You've got a date too?" "Yep." "Does Mom and Dad know?" He sighs, "What if they don't? Just be cool." "Whatever," I say. I get on the floor and start doing a few yoga poses and stretches. "You look stupid," Suhyun says. "Don't you have somewhere to be?" "Yeah, and I'm leaving now. Don't wait up." "Um, I will. You better be back by 10 or else Mom and Dad will be pissed." "Okay, okay. Don't forget to feed Indie. See ya," he says while leaving. "I won't! Bye!," I yell. I get up and make myself some soup so my stomach can feel better. I also grab a couple of my favorite 'pick- me- up' books and relax for the rest of the night.