Will You be Mine?

Crush on You

~The Next Day; 6:15 pm~

I finally make it back home after missing my usual bus. I run upstairs and quickly jump into the shower for 10 minutes. I get out and yell, "Suhyun. Come here, please," while wrapping myself in a towel. I pull out my blow dryer and plug it in. He walks up to me, "What?" "Dry my hair for me." "No," he turns around to leave. "No, seriously. I have a date at 7 and I need to do my makeup." "Fine." He grabs the blow dryer and dries my hair to the best of his ability.

~30 minutes later~

I check myself in the mirror.

Better than I expected. I grab my purse and hear a car horn. He's on time. "What? he can't walk up to the door and get you?," Suhyun says, slightly annoyed. "You know how Kisung is." "Wait- who? Kisung? THE Kisung?" "Yes, now bye." "I'm telling Mom and Dad you're out with a rebel." "It's a friendly date." The car honks again. "Whatever. I'll let it slide if you tell me how he got to be so famous." "I'll let you know when I get back okay?" I run out the door and get into Kisung's car. "Took you long enough." "Sorry, my brother was being a brat." "Hmm. Well, you ready?" I nod and put my seatbelt on. He puts the car in reverse and we leave my house.

~15 minutes later~

We get out of his car and I look at him.

"So, where are we going?," I ask. He doesn't respond and walks down the sidewalk. I sigh- that boy. I follow him and we eventually walk into a restaurant. He talks to the host and we're seated towards the back. "This place is fancy. You sure you have enough money for this because it's a little too much? We don't have to eat here, really," I say. "Just enjoy this moment, okay?," he responds. I sit back and our waiter comes over to take our order. Kisung orders a large steak for us to share and waters for the both of us. The waiter walks into the kitchen. "The meal's fine right?," Kisung asks. I nod. It's still expensive. He really didn't have to.

~15 minutes later~

Our steak comes out.

Related image

"Finally," Kisung tells the waiter. "My apologies, sir," the waiter says, slightly nervous. "Don't let it happen next time." "Yes, sir." The waiter leaves and I look at Kisung, "I think you hurt his feelings." He shrugs, "I don't care. Everyone here knows my standards." "They didn't take that long though." He doesn't answer me and instead starts cutting the steak in half. He gives me the bigger half, "You take this half. You need to eat. Look at how skinny you are." He places it on my plate. I smile- he's so thoughtful- different than how he looks. "Thank you," I tell him. He even cuts it into a few pieces for me and I take a bite. Oh my gosh. This is so good. It melts in your mouth. I eat another piece and I guess he saw my reaction because he starts to chuckle and eat as well. Halfway into my steak, I ask him, "So, why did you bring me here?" He sighs and says, "I'll tell you after the meal has been paid for." "Oh, okay." I continue to eat, wondering what he wanted from me.

~20 minutes later~

I can see Kisung coming back from the restroom. Our bill comes and I peak at it. My eyes widen. $230 for a steak and two waters?! Where are we? He makes it back to the table and sits down. "Why did you look at the bill?," he asks. "Are you crazy? $230, Kisung? Who has that type of money? I'll call my parents and tell them that I'll be washing dishes for a few hours tonight." I stand up to tell the manager that we'll be washing their dishes. "Sit down," he tells me. "But-." "Sit!" I hurriedly sit down. He's never yelled at me before or anyone that I've seen. "Now, I know how much these dinners cost. I'm prepared to pay for it. The reason I brought you here was to set the mood for this." He pulls out a case and gives it to me. "What's this?" He motions for me to open the box. I look inside and see a beautiful necklace.

Related image

"Kisung," I say. He sits up and looks at me, "Sara, I don't know why, but I feel as though you're different from a lot of girls. I can't even put how I feel into words so I'll just shorten it into a question. Will you be my girlfriend? Things like this could be yours. Fabulous meals, beautiful gifts." I give him the necklace back. "No, Kisung. I'm sorry. This is too overwhelming and I don't want to live like this. Please save this for another girl. I'm sure you'll meet a special one, one day," I stand up, "I'll just leave now. I know things are a bit awkward now. I'll catch the bus home. Bye, see you at school." I quickly leave the restaurant without looking back at him. I'm sorry, Kisung.