The Showcase

Crush on You

~2 weeks later; 7:50 am~

I smell the fresh air outside of school and walk inside the building. There's only one more week of school and I took all of my major tests. I only have an exam next Wednesday and I need to turn in this four-page research paper for my art class. I walk down the hall, to the art room, and step inside. There's my teacher, sitting at her desk doing some paperwork. "Hi, Ms. Lee," I calmly say. "Oh, Sara. Please come in." I walk in, "I'm leaving early and won't be able to make it to your class today, but I have my research paper ready for you." I hand her the essay and she flips through it, "Thank you, Sara. I'll try to have your grade by next week." I bow, "Thank you Ms. Lee. Goodbye." "Bye," she says. I walk out of the classroom and exhale loudly. Great. I feel bad for skipping school like this but a promise is a promise. Now, it's time for Exo's showcase! I quickly walk outside of campus grounds and meet my friends at the bus stop. "Wow, Sara. You actually made it. I didn't think you were gonna skip school," Yoosaeng says. "Ha ha. Very funny. Let's go. The guilt is already tearing me apart," I reply. We get on the next bus and travel all the way to Seoul.

~2 hours later~

We finally make it to Seoul. "We have two hours to spare before we head to the event," Yoosaeng says. "So, what should we do?," Hwana asks. "Yeah, I don't know Seoul like that," Noran also wonders. "I've only been here two times. I think there's a mall nearby. We can chill and eat there," he replies. We agree and walk to wherever Yoosaeng led us. We enter the mall and see all kinds of stores. "I'm gonna look at the arcade," Noran says. "I'll join you," Yoosaeng says as he follows her. "I guess I'll go look at some clothes," Youngsae says. "Take me with you," Hwana whines while latching onto his arm and walking away. Great. I'm all alone in Seoul. Where should I go? What should I do? Music store? Pet shop? Food court? I look at a nearby map of the mall. I guess I'll go to the plush store. Okay, since I'm here, I need to go up to the second floor. I find an escalator and go to the store.

~40 minutes later~

I meet my friends back at the food court and we grab some pizza and get a giant cookie each. "So, did y'all get anything?," Yoosaeng asks before stuffing his mouth with pizza. I shake my head. "We didn't either," Noran says. "We actually did. We got matching beanies," Youngsae says.  Aww. "Typical," Yoosaeng says earning him a slap on the back of his head by Noran. We finish eating and do our own thing on our phones. "Okay, we have less than an hour until the show starts so we might as well head there now before the line gets super long and we have to leave Seoul by 4 to make it back home in time for school to end. We grab our things and go.

~13 minutes later~

After using Noran's GPS on her phone, we find the place where Exo's having their little concert. We surprisingly get through the line quickly and sit down waiting for the show to start. "There are souvenirs under your seat," security tells us. I look under my seat and see a bag. I reach under and pull out a black bag fill with wristbands, rings, cards, a banner, water, a snack, and a lightstick. I put the wristband on and grab the lightstick and banner while sitting the bag with the other goodies in my lap. Shortly, the lights dim and music blares through the speakers, filling the entire room. Their performance starts and they look so different than before.

I can't believe I go to school with them. They wrap up two songs and introduce themselves to the squealing audience.

Aww, they must be so nervous. They start to chat about themselves and I manage to catch Chen's eye. I wave and he smiles while finishing what he's saying.

They perform six more songs and finish the showcase. My friends and I tried to stay longer so we could talk to them afterward, but security didn't believe we knew them and kicked us out. At least each of them noticed me throughout the show. Exo you just got yourself a new fan.