Our Days

Crush on You

Sara's P.O.V

I go back and forth on the swings and look down at my watch. "Ah, where are they?," I sigh. "Calm down," I hear a boy say. I turn around and see my friends Seongmin, Noran, and Yoosaeng.

"Guys you finally made it! I was starting to get worried," I tell them. "Have we ever failed you,?" Noran asks. I my head at her with an unimpressed expression. She smiles awkwardly and rubs the back of her head, "Nevermind; don't answer that." "So guys," Seongmin starts, "what are we gonna do for the last three days of summer?" "Before school starts, I wanna go to the carnival," Yoosaeng says. "Ooh yeah and we can go to my grandmother's restaurant," Noran includes. "She does have good noodles," I chime in. "Well, let's go to the movies and then eat at Noran's grandmother's restaurant," Seongmin announces. Yoosaeng nods and says, "Yeah and tomorrow we can go to the carnival." We all agree and leave the park.

~20 minutes later~

We arrive at the movies. We approach a machine that shows us movies and scroll through. "So what do you guys wanna see?," I ask. "Finding Dory," Seongmin says. "Moana," Noran says. "No, let's see Sausage Party or It," Yoosaeng says. "No. Sara, what do you think?," Noran asks. "I like them all but I was thinking Twenty. It seems interesting." "Yeah. Let's watch that," Noran says. "Whatever," Seongmin says and Yoosaeng shrugs. We purchase our tickets and order some popcorn, drinks, and candy. As we walk into the theater room, Yoosaeng gets a call. He picks up, "Hmm? Yes. I'll talk to you later, Yoonah. I'm at the movies. Mhmm. Love you too. Bye." "Woah, who was that? Your girlfriend?," Noran teases. "Why? You jealous?," he answers. "Who cares; let's just watch the movie," Seongmin says, irritated. She storms towards the back leaving us standing there, confused. We quickly join her in the back and enjoy the movie.

~2 hours later~

We're on our way to Noran's grandmother's restaurant. "Wasn't that movie good?," Noran asks. "Yeah. It was so funny," I agree. "Woobin's character reminded me of you, Yoosaeng," Noran says. "Haha. Very funny," he answers, sarcastically. We reach the restaurant, enter, and order our food. As we wait for the food, we talk more about the movies and our goals for the upcoming school year. "Guys, I'm so nervous about going to high school. I heard that the teachers are really mean. Plus, a lot of cute boys are there and I hope they don't distract me. I should join a club. I'm already a cheerleader and decathlon team member. Maybe yearbook?," Noran says. "Yeah. I wanna do better in school cause I'm not that great. You should do yearbook, Noran. I'm going to be in JROTC," Seongmin tells us. "Army strong I see. all of that. I'm going clubbing and I MIGHT join tennis. We'll see," Yoosaeng inputs. "Well, I wanna continue to play volleyball and soccer. That's it really," I say. "Really, Sara? No mentoring program? No Successful Youth thing?," Seongmin asks. "Nope. Maybe next year but for now I wanna take it slow. I don't like for my plate to be too full." "Speaking of plate," Yoosaeng chimes, "where's our food?" Just then our food comes out.

Mine:

Seongmin:

Noran:

Yoosaeng:

We thank the waitress and enjoy our food's beauty. "Wow, this looks delicious," Seongmin praises. "Yeah. Hey, Noran. Where's your grandmother? I wanna thank her for the food as well," I say. She shrugs, "Maybe at home watching her dramas." "Who cares. Let's eat," Yoosaeng interrupts and stuffs food in his mouth. "Slow down," Noran giggles and we all start to eat.

~1 hour later~

After dinner, Seongmin gives us all a ride home. She drops me off first. I tell my friends bye, thank her, and leave the car. When I open my front door, I see my brother on the couch, playing video games.

"Hey, weirdo." "Sup." "You washed up and ate?" He nods, eyes not leaving the screen. I walk over and kiss him on his cheek. He wipes the area I kissed and I giggle. "Where's mom and dad?" "Sleeping." "Princess?" "Same." "Oh. Well, love you, Suhyun. Goodnight." "Night, Sara." I enter the kitchen, grab a bag of honey butter chips and water, and go upstairs to my room.

I lay down and start eating while watching Littlest Pet Shop on Netflix. Childish- I know but very interesting. I finish off most of my snack and wash up in the restroom. I use my Ryan sheet mask and watch more Netflix. After a few minutes, I peel the mask off, moisturize, put on a little sunscreen, pray, and go to sleep.