New Year; New Lies

Crush on You

~New Years Eve;7 pm~

"So apparently Seongmin's Instagram famous," Noran says as she paces in front of Hwana and I.

"How?," Hwana asks. "She posted a video talking about some idols and how she wishes to be one and I guess it went viral." "Wow, we'll never hear the end of her." "I hope she's happy and that the fame doesn't get to her head," I say. "I hope she gets help," Noran says. "Wait. So, how did you all really fall out again?," Hwan asks. "We don't know. One day she was at school and talking to us. The next day, she was gone and didn't know who we were," Noran answer. "Oh wow. You think she hit her head and lost her memory?" "No, she only knows our names when she wants to insult us," Noran says with a sigh, "oh and look now. She posted a picture of her at her New Years party."

"It says she's going to go live soon," Hwana says. "Wanna watch?" I ask. "Of course. I wanna see how fake she gets," Noran says. I get off of my bed and start to cook us some dinner. Noran and Hwana follow me downstairs and lay on the couch. Hwana turns on the tv while I hand Noran a drink with two straws for them to share.

~35 minutes later~

"Oh, Seongmin's live," Noran tells us, "Hwana, put the tv on mute." Hwana mutes it and Noran turns the volume up on her phone. "Hi guys," we hear Seongmin say, "I'm just chilling at home with my besties." Noran scoffs and rolls her eyes. I finish dinner and turn off the stove.

As I begin to plate the food, Seongmin speaks again, "Yep. There's a party going on downstairs. We'll go back down after this live stream. Anyways, ask me some questions. Nothing's off limits. For the upcoming year, I want to be more open and honest with you guys." "Should I ask her about her old friends," Noran says. "I don't care," I say. Noran types and Seongmin responds immediately. "What happened to my old friends?," Seongmin asks, "well, they were so mean to me and you know I don't like negativity. So basically, I had three friends and we were so cool and casual when we were younger. Then, one day they just couldn't take it and told me that they were sick and tired of me and that they wanted to pour acid on my face because I'm too pretty and they never get noticed. Yeah, I know right? It's hard to believe but it's true. One of them was a boy and we started to get a little closer to almost being romantic interests but then I caught him at the mall with his girlfriend and he acted like he didn't know me. I was so embarrassed and mad like why would you lead me on like that and why would you claim not to know me? You could've at least told your girlfriend we were friends. Like y'all, he really made it seem like I was some weird girl who had a crush on him. So toxic- I know. And the other two are just a mess. One of them is super skinny because she has an eating disorder and body shames me all the time by saying things like, 'Oh you're so fat. You need to take better care of your body,' and I was so sweet and let her talk because I didn't want to hurt her and make matters worse. Then the other one gets mad at me because she's not as cute as me and that I made higher than her on a test. She wanted to kick me out of school but I willingly left because she was just doing too much. She always threw shade at me and my hair talking about how boring it is and that I could've been more cute with hair like hers. Y'all, she's Asian like me with reddish-brown hair. Everyone in her family has black hair. That can't possibly be her real hair color. She obviously dyes it and wants me to ruin my hair like she did hers, but I promise you, it's not gonna work. Yeah, they pretended to be my friends this whole time until they got into high school and wanted a new image." Hwana slurps her drink.

"This is so entertaining." "Did she really say I had an eating disorder? That's it, I'm texting Yoosaeng after this," Noran says. "Actually, genes are random. I could've been the only one with red hair in my family. She's right; I did dye it but everything else is so untrue," I say. We go back to listen to her. "They even made new friends which there's nothing wrong with that but they never introduced me to them and I found out that they were talking crap about me to them, like wow." Hwana sips her drink again in suspense while laughing at this ridiculousness. I can't help but laugh too.

tumblr_mld5ksOgQ01rqwi97o1_500.jpg

 Noran looks up at me with wide eyes, "Is she for real?" "I guess. She better not attach our names to these lies." "Everyone's giving her hearts," Hwana says. "If only they knew the truth," I say. "This doesn't make any sense. We know that there's nothing wrong with Seongmin. I think she grew jealous of us over time and it made her snap," Noran points out. "Whatever she was jealous about shouldn't result in this. Do you think we really hurt her?," I ask. "Oh no, Sara. Don't start feeling bad for her. She talks to us about everything except for this." "Well, it is hard to tell someone that you wish you were them and you hate them and yourself because you're not them. Sorry," Hwana says. "Let's just stop watching this and eat," I suggest. They agree and we eat the food I made while watching a chick flick on tv.