Santa!

Crush on You

~ 2 weeks later~

I wake up to the sound of Christmas music and the smell of blueberry pancakes. I go to the bathroom to wash us and walk down the stairs. I get to the kitchen and see my mom placing some drinks on the table with the rest of breakfast.

Image result for blueberry pancakesRelated imageImage result for eggnog

"Wow, looks good Mom," I say. "Thanks, I made Suhyun and yours' favorites. Blueberry pancakes and pecan sticky buns with a side of my favorite- eggnog." "What's Dad's favorite?," Suhyun says while entering the kitchen. "Nothing you guys can eat. Anyways, dig in." Suhyun and I look at each other and shiver. We sit down and enjoy our breakfast. Dad comes in with a yawn, "Guys, Santa's coming over soon with gifts!" Suhyun looks at him unimpressed, "Really Dad? How old do you think we are?" "Come on guys. Give it a chance," the doorbell rings, "Oh? I think that's him now!" Dad opens the door to a man dressed in a Santa costume with a huge red, velvet bag of gifts. Santa walks through the door with a deep-voiced, 'hi there'. "Okay, Santa," Suhyun starts, "why didn't you go down the chimney? It's the least you could've done. You could've at least played along with your own tricks." Santa's voice changes, "Alright, Suhyun." Wait. I know that voice from somewhere. I go up to him and yank on his beard revealing- "Uncle!," I say. "Hey, kiddos," he tells us, "give me a hug." We run into his arms. Mom smiles at her brother, "So, how ‘s the army?" Uncle lets us go, "Stressful and scary yet satisfying, but enough about me, who wants their presents?" "We do!," we yell. It’s amazing how we're this old with a childlike heart. He opens the bag and hands me and Suhyun 3 boxes each. Suhyun shakes his and opens the biggest one. "Woah, a guitar! Thanks, man." I open my biggest one which is fairly smaller than his, "A new laptop! Look at it! Thank you, Uncle." "No problem. Look, to pay me back, how about sharing a plate of those pancakes?" I giggle and Mom fixes him some food.

~ Later that Night~

Dad let Uncle spend the night with us and we had a great time together. Since everyone's asleep right now, I think I'll open up the last of my presents. I pick up the last two boxes from my open and slowly open the first one.

Ooh~ I always wanted a pill speaker and he got me the one that comes with a holder. How cute. I place the speaker on the shelf across my room and return to the last gift. I look inside and see some lipsticks and nail polishes.

Look at how gorgeous these are. He really knows me. I gotta remember to give my uncle a big hug tomorrow before he leaves. I throw the scraps of paper and boxes away and hop into bed. Thanks, Uncle.