Helping Out

Crush on You

~11 am~

More time goes on past that whole bus stop incident and the boys have left me alone. I still haven't told my friends. They'd take things way out of proportion and tell the whole school. Maybe Kai and Lay were going through something. Still, no apology if they were though. Oh well, I pour some detox water into my water bottle and plop on the couch, taking a sip. Today is Thanksgiving in America and my family celebrates it over here as well by doing charity work and having a feast afterward. Suhyun comes in.

"Hey, sis. You ready for the charity run?" "Are you serious? Of course! We do it every year and it gets more and more interesting." "Yeah, I wonder if Dad's gonna fall again as soon as we start." We both laugh. "That was hilarious and embarrassing at the same time," Suhyun says. "Hey, I heard that," Dad says as he walks in. "Sorry, but it was funny," I say. He pouts, "Anyways, y'all ready to go?" We nod and follow him inside of the car. Mom finally comes out of the house with some drinks, "Here you guys go. We gotta stay hydrated during these things." "Thanks, Mom," we say before taking off.

~40 minutes later~

We reach the event and still have ten minutes left before it starts. We get out of the car and go to the track. "Welcome Han Family," the host greets. My family replies with a 'Hi' and I wave. "Aww, still shy I see," he says looking at me. I smile. "Well, you guys can start stretching and preparing for the walk/run. I'm glad I can always count on you to keep the festivities going each year." My dad smiles and replies, "Anything for the homeless or anyone in need." The host leaves and we start stretching by some bleachers. "Oh, Sara," my mom says, "It looks like you have no more juice left." I look at my empty bottle, slightly embarrassed, "I must've drunk all of it before we got here. I guess I was really thirsty. Oops." Mom replies with, "Gosh, that's okay. It's good to be hydrated." "Here, Suhyun," Dad says pulling out some money and giving it to him, "get your sister something to drink." "What? Why? She drank it! She can do it," he says in his defense. My dad squints his eyes," Is that how you treat a lady? Do you make your girlfriend do everything because you're lazy?" Suhyun sighs and stands up and stomps his way to a drink machine. "That boy, I swear." I giggle, "It's okay, Dad. I could've done it." "No daughter of mine will go up all of those stairs to get something as small as a drink." I smile and we stretch some more. My brother comes back and hands me some juice.

"Thanks, Suhyun." "Whatever." I drink some of the juice and the charity walk/run starts.

~5 hours later~

Finally, after 2 hours of walking and 3 hours of passing out food and other necessities, we make it back home. Suhyun, Dad, and I decide to rest for a bit while Mom finishes dinner.

~1 hour later~

My nap is disrupted by the savory smell of.....chicken! I run into the kitchen and see my family setting the table. "'Bout time you woke up, Sara," Dad says. "Yeah and you got dish duty," Suhyun says while poking out his tongue. Dad gives the back of his head a smack and says, "No. You both have dish duty." SUhyun starts to whine. "No Dad; it's fine. It's the least I could do after making him get my drink and set up the table." "You sure?" I nod. "Yes!," Suhyun says. Mom clears , "Dinner's ready." She places the chicken down and I look at all the food.

Related imageImage result for haemul pajeonRelated imageImage result for kimchiImage result for korean chuseok food

I tell her, "Wow, Mom. This looks great." She laughs, "Thanks. I have some plum tea over there as well." I smile and quickly sit down. The rest of my family join me. Dad leads us in prayer and we dig in.