You Don't Like Me?

Crush on You

~Sunday; 7 pm~

I get a text from someone with a list of names. Daegu Science Highschool's Official Volleyball Team. My eyes widen as I read the list and see my name. Yes! I made it! I'm so excited! I need to call Noran and tell her the good news. Yoosaeng really doesn't care about these things and is probably at the club anyway. I'll still annoy him later about it. I dial Noran's number. "Hello?" "Noran!" "Guess what?," we both say. "You first," she says. "Well, one, I got my first paycheck." "Already?," "Yeah, and two, I made the volleyball team." "Oh my gosh- that's great. I knew you could do it." "What was your news," I ask. "Well, I took your advice about seeing which one of the boys I like the most and have a lunch date with Baekhyun in an hour." "Oh, my gosh, see I knew you had it in you. Remember, baby steps." "Yeah, but there's a problem. See, I kinda told him that you were going with me and that he should bring someone with him." I get silent for a moment and finally say, "That's fine and all, but you're just telling me this now?"  "Sorry, Baekhyun said 'yes' to me. You know I don't think about anything but stuff like that all day." "True. So what does this mean?" "You better meet us at the restaurant by the sauna in an hour! Love you, bye," she says before hanging up. I huff. That girl, I swear. I quickly get ready and leave the house. I see Noran outside of the place.

"Hey, I'm here. You look cute. Where's Baekhyun?" "Thanks. He said that'll be here with Kai in a bit and to go ahead and find a pace to sit." "Well, what are we waiting for?" We go inside and I realize that this is the place that serves these amazing drinks in light bulb shaped glasses. We sit down at a booth, waiting for the boys to get here. I show Noran the pictures nails I did earlier, on my phone.

"Woah. These are so cute. Can you do mine one day?" "Sure. For free of course. We'll just have to do it at my house because if my boss ever hears the word 'free', there's a problem." Noran giggles, "Okay." "Hello, ladies." Noran and I look up and see Baekhyun and Kai.

Noran's mouth drops open and I nudge her, making her close . "Hi," I say. They sit down across from us and make small talk. After a few minutes, we get our order taken and I find out that this restaurant serves all of our courses together.  "So, what are some of your interests?," Kai asks while looking at me. "Um, I like doing arts and crafts, stretching, reading, taking care of animals and plants, and I love to shop online," I answer. "Cool," he says, "I like to dance, sleep, watch movies, play video games, and play with animals." "Wow," I say, "I didn't know you were an animal lover." "Mmhmm, especially dogs. I have three." "Really? I have one. Her name is Princess and I have a fish as well named Indie." "Cute names," he chuckles. I smile. Wow, he's really cool. Just then our food comes and since Kai ordered a lot, there's not much room to put the dishes on the table.

Baekhyun:

Noran:

Kai:

Sara:

"No, just move your stuff here," Kai tells Baekhyun. "Fine, you don't have to catch an attitude." "Quit acting stupid then." Baekhyun huffs and smiles at Noran and me, "I'm sorry girls. Bossy over here always needs to have things go his way." "Not true," Kai buts in. They start bickering again and Noran and I look at each other before giggling.

Noran's P.O.V

I look at Sara.

We giggle at the two and help them with their food placement problem. We finally get everything situated and start to eat. Baekhyun asks Sara a couple of questions about her life as well. Kai gave Sara two of his dumplings and in response, Baekhyun let her try a slice of his cake. I really wanted some. Sara let the boys try her ice cream. She asked me but I didn't want ice cream. I wanted Baekhyun. I snap out of my thoughts and look at the time. I'm ready for this date to end. We continue to eat and I can't help but notice Baekhyun's body language. He's not talking to me as much and when he does, he doesn't face me and eats instead. That can't mean too much, right?

~1 hour later~

After the date, Kai walked Sara home and Baekhyun walked me. I turn from my front door and look at him. "So Baekhyun," I say. "Hmm?" "I was wondering, what do you think?" "About?" I bite my lip, "Me. How do you feel about me? You know. In that way." "Oh. Sorry, I just have someone else in mind. I hope this doesn't ruin our friendship." I shake my head and give a fake smile, "Of course not." He pats my shoulder, "See you later, Noran," before walking away. How could I be so stupid? Of course, he likes Sara. Who doesn't? But one of my crushes have to love me more, right?