The Birthday Bash

Crush on You

~5 pm; November 4~

"Yeah, Sara. It's official. Me and Youngsae are dating!," Hwana says over the phone. "That's great!" "Well, that's all I had to say. Have fun at the party, later." "Thanks, Hwana." We hang up and I finish doing my nails and examine them.

Perfect. Now I need to find something to put on. Noran will be here any minute. I fix my hair and put on a simple blue dress. I look in the mirror.

tumblr_mqgloc0ZBy1s7450fo1_500.png

Great. Now, I wait. After flipping through a few channels on tv, the doorbell rings. I go down to answer it and see Noran and Yoosaeng.

"Yoosaeng! What are you doing here?," I ask. "I found my invite on the floor while I was leaving the mall. I taped it back up and decided to give Seongmin a piece of my mind," he states. "No, It's her big day. Let's not fight please." He turns his head, "No promises." Noran sighs, "Whatever, guys. Let's just go. I already feel a bit uncomfortable. I'm not even supposed to be going." "You hush," I say, "that's nonsense and I'm pretty sure Seongmin has an explanation." "Or she'll just lie about it," Yoosaeng whispers. We leave my home and get in a taxi, heading to Seongmin's party venue.

~7 pm~

We finally make it to the party. We get out of the taxi and stretch our legs. "Uh, why did she have to have this thing so far away?," Yoosaeng says. I ignore his negativity and walk inside. They follow and we look around at the scenery.

Related image

Wow. So beautiful. I look past all the guests and see Seongmin.

I run over to her and my friends drag behind. "Hi, Seongmin!" She looks me up and down, "Oh, hi Sara. I see you've made it," she stops and looks behind me with big eyes before pulling me to the side, "what are they doing here?" "They're your friends! Yoosaeng found his invite on the ground for some reason and we thought that Noran's invite got lost so I brought her as my plus one." She looks at me uneasily, "Oh yeah. Um, I have to go and tend to the other guests." I nod, "Sure." I go back to my friends, "Let's find a seat." They agree and we walk around until we find some empty seats at a faraway table. We sit down and a waiter comes over with a tray of hors-d'oeuvres.

Image result for scallop hors d'oeuvres

We each grab one and try it. Mmm, this is so good. Seongmin's really outdid herself. After an hour of socializing with some guests, Seongmin announces that it's time to eat. The waiter comes back and leaves a bunch of fancy food on the table.

Image result for grilled chicken pastaImage result for oystersImage result for wineImage result for daiquiriRelated image

I take some lobster, and pasta with a glass of sweet raspberry tea. I take a bite and my eyes roll a little. The flavor is so strong and everything just melts in your mouth. I grab more food and chow all of it down, politely of course. As we finish eating, Seongmin has every sing happy birthday to her as another person rolls out her cake.

Oh my gosh. Look at it. It's so beautiful! I almost don't want to eat it. The song finishes and confetti canons shootout. The cake is passed around- after Seongmin takes 500 pictures with it. We begin to eat our cake and Seongmin comes over with some random guests. "Yes, and here is my dear friend Sara," she says. I smile. "Goodness, who's that poor child beside her?," a snooty looking woman asks. "Oh, that's just some random girl she knows. She felt bad for her and wanted her to join. I mean look at the color of that dress and that hair? Don't get me started." Noran starts to tear up. I stand up, "Hey, Seongmin that's not nice. You know Noran and how sensitive she is." A man says, "Aww look at your friend feeling pity for that unfortunate soul." Noran runs off and this time Yoosaeng stands up, "Seongmin, what happened to you? What happened to the girl I knew months ago?" "And who's this?," the woman asks. "Oh, this is just Yoosaeng," she leans towards them, "between us, he wanted to marry me several times but got upset when I rejected him because of his girlfriend. I hate cheating clingy men. He's a bad boy and not even all that smart." My mouth hangs open. The woman then says, "Of course. Who wouldn't want you? You're beautiful and rich." Yoosaeng rolls his eyes, "Beautiful and what? Ha. Seongmin will be lucky if she had enough money to rent a $500 apartment for a month." She slaps him, "Hey!" Everyone turns their attention towards us. Yoosaeng looks at her, "You're right Seongmin. I did go too far, but you know I'm not lying. How could you forget where you came from and abandon the people who truely cared about you for you? I can't believe I even liked you." He grabs his jacket and walks away. I glance at Seongmin, "I'm sorry for the scene but it's best that we go and never meet again. Goodbye, old friend." I chase after my friends leaving a clearly embarassed Seongmin.