Resue or Abduction?

A small Mistake, that turned into a huge Scandal.

 

“Is there a flight going to Europe?” I asked the lady from the information desk desperately. “Anytime soon, maybe?”

The lady typed something in her computer and clicked a few times with her mouse.

“Well, there is a plane arriving from France in two hours,” She said. “After they arrive it should take about an hour before they are ready to go back, there are still seats available in the first class section,”

“First class?” I asked. I didn’t have any money, how was I supposed to pay for that? “Not an economy class seat? In any plane going to Europe?”

The lady searched her computer again but shook her head. “For the coming days, every flight is full,” She turned to look at me. “I’m sorry, but you can ask me every once in a while, maybe a seat will be free later,”

“Okay, well thank you very much,” I said as cheerful and grateful as I could.

I took my luggage and walked to the chairs that stood against the wall. I couldn’t think straight anymore, a lot of thoughts raced through my head, but I couldn’t think of one solution to this problem. I still had some money, but should I save it or buy food from it? Because it probably wouldn’t be enough to buy a ticket to Europe from but what if it was enough now and if I bought food and drinks from it, it wouldn’t be enough anymore?

Someone entered the airport and the electric doors opened. A cold breeze tickled my bare legs. Shivers went up my spine. I pulled my legs up and threw my arms around them, hoping this would warm me up a little.

I let my chin rest on my knees. I hadn’t noticed it before, but the tiredness was really kicking in now. My eyelids closed every once in a while, but I didn’t want to fall asleep here. No one would be watching my luggage and I really couldn’t afford it to be stolen.

I yawned and now not only my eyes were tired but also my body was exhausted. I didn’t understand why exactly, because I had slept throughout the whole flight here. My arms slit of my legs and I wasn’t able to lift them anymore, I didn’t want to either. My eyes fell shut.

Another cold breeze passed my body, but I was too tired to react to it.

I could sleep, for a few minutes. I yawned again. I mean, no one would mind it. Nothing would happen…

I felt something, that was a bit heavy, land on my shoulders. It was not only heavy, but also warm.

I managed to open my eyes with a lot of effort. A dark figure was standing in front of me. I blinked a few times and then rubbed my eyes. I looked up again and if I hadn’t been so tired I would’ve probably smiled and been very happy.

There stood the guy whose ticket I had accidentally stolen.

I was surprised myself to notice that my mouth still curled up into a small smile.

He didn’t smile back at me and he still had his glasses on, even though it was evening. His expression was stern and a bit scary to be honest, but I tried to hide this.

He grabbed my suitcase, lifted it from the ground and turned around.

“…W-Wait… where are you going… with that?” I said half asleep.

The guy turned around and then grabbed my hand.

A jolt of warmth shot through my body and I felt my face get really warm. I was immediately fully awake. He started walking and pulled me with him. I stumbled at first but managed to keep standing.

“What are you doing?” I asked. I wanted to pull my hand back but didn’t have the power to do so, my body was just too exhausted. My heart was beating fast and I looked at the guy that was pulling me with him.

Was he wearing a T-shirt before? I asked myself. Then I noticed the heavy thing that lay on my shoulders, it was his jacket.

We walked outside, into the cold. I wasn’t sure what to say or do, so I just followed. But knowing that I was in a country I didn’t know, with a person who I didn’t know, freaked me out.

There was a taxi waiting and I assumed it was the one we would take. He let go of my hand when we were one metre away from the taxi, he gave my luggage to the driver who put it in the trunk. The driver walked back to his seat and started the car.

The guy took my hand again and pulled me with him into the taxi. Just before we got in I saw a flash that blinded me. I tripped and fell into the cab. I fell, head first, into the taxi and something warm broke my fall. I opened my eyes and knew that my cheeks were flaming red by now.

The thing that broke my fall, was the guy his lap.