Having a Talk

A small Mistake, that turned into a huge Scandal.

 

I entered the hotel, after a long –stumbling- walk home. I was tired, exhausted, out of breath, sore. Everything you can think of. I didn’t want to call Kang-Dae again, begging him for just one ride again. I also didn’t want to let him know my plan had failed.

As I entered the lobby I noticed her. Bom.

She sat on one of the comfortable couches that stood in the lobby. It was as if she felt my eyes looking on her, because as soon as I saw her, she saw me. She held my gaze for a few seconds and then looked away. Her movements were very fluent and seemed to flow into the other, something that was really intimidating. She walked to me and scanned my whole body, as if she was disapproving my appearance.

“You still went, I see,” She blinked and looked me right in the eye. “But came back empty handed,”

I shook my head and walked passed her. “Leave me alone, you don’t know half the story,”

“O, I know your intentions, ___,” she said and walked after me. “And I’m not going to let a dear friend suffer under them!”

I stopped walking, confused about what she was talking about. I turned around but Bom already left.

What was wrong with her today?

The words she had said spooked through my head as I went back to my hotel room.  I had gone to TOP and he indeed hadn’t even answered me, but why did this make her so angry? I am the one that is supposed to be angry and cranky instead of her, wasn’t I the one that this had happened to?

I opened the door and walked in my room, locking the door behind me.

But she wasn’t mad about the fact I came back empty handed, she was mad because I went to talk to him. She knew my ‘intentions’, and wasn’t going to let her friend suffer. Well what were these intentions then? I surely didn’t know them.. This friend was probably TOP, or… Was it G-Dragon? I shook my head. Ugh, why was she so vague in explaining her angriness. It made the whole scene more scary and intimidating, but now I didn’t know what the whole scene was for.

I threw my crutches to the ground and lunged myself on the bed, something I did very often these days. The bed was my place of rest and relaxation. Somehow it calmed me. But it didn’t fix all my problems, that was for sure.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Then a horrifying thought crossed my mind.

The month was over, so TOP no longer wants to be seen with me, YG no longer contacts me and Kang Dae is no longer my private driver. They also didn’t pay for my expenses anymore. Then… I scraped my throat. “Who is paying for the hotel room?”

I rolled to the side of the bed and picked up my hotel phone and called the reception. “Miss ___, with what can I help you today?” A familiar man’s voice said. He – I still don’t know his name – always picks up the phone when I call them and was very polite, but then again, that was his job.

“Uhm, I have a question about the hotel costs and payment,” I asked in my most confident voice, which wasn’t that confident at all.

“Of course,”

“Yeah, so, uhm…” I crossed my fingers and took a deep breath. “Who is paying for that?” I bit on my lip and closed my eyes, praying that it wasn’t me. Then all my savings would be gone in a day or two.

The man laughed to himself. “That’s certainly a question,” He said mockingly. If he only knew I was about to die on the other side of the phone. “Let me look it up for you, just a moment,” I heard a few mouse clicks on a computer. “I have it here,” O god. “The hotel is still being paid at the end of every week, by person that also paid for the first few nights,”

My eyes opened wide and I sat up straight in my bed. “But TOP-shi paid for the first nights,” I said to myself.

“Was that all miss?” He asked as polite as he had answered the call.

I nodded, even though he couldn’t see this. “Yes, that was all, thank you!”

“My pleasure, miss ___,” And I hung up.