Chapter Eight

My Diagnosed Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Kim Sunggyu,” the doctor said, causing Sunggyu to bolt up at his name. “Please follow me.”

 

Sunggyu followed the doctor to his office, nervous about what he was going to say. He was very worried about what was going on. Jimin came along as well because he was the one living with Taehyung and would probably be able to answer questions about his roommate. The doctor led them into an office and closed the door. The two sat down, nervously wringing their hands.

 

“Okay, my first question is… Has Taehyung been stressed or does he have any type of anxiety that you know of?” The doctor said, causing Jimin to nod his head.

 

“He has a social phobia,” Jimin replied, sighing deeply. “He was diagnosed with social anxiety when we first started college. He had a lot of panic attacks when he had to do presentations and so the doctor put him on medications. He's been getting better until he was called out at work yesterday. He had a panic attack and then when we got home he got very sick.”

 

“Has he been under any physical or mental stress?” The doctor ask, causing Jimin to frown and think for a while.

 

“More like emotional,” Jimin said, causing the doctor to nod his head.

 

“Alright,” the doctor said, nodding his head. “So from what we diagnosed, it looks like Taehyung does have the case of influenza but that's not all. From what we gathered, Taehyung also has Sickle Cell Anemia, which is an inherited form of anemia. Anemia is caused by stress and anxiety and fatigue, and it got to the point where his red blood cells become rigid and sticky and are shaped like sickles or crescent moons. These irregularly shaped cells can get stuck in small blood vessels, which can slow or block blood flow and oxygen to parts of the body. There is no cure for this disease, but we can diagnose him with medication that will sustain it. It will be a difficult process getting used to the symptoms and the dizziness. He might experience episodes of random pain or even swelling of his hands and feet.”

 

“How do we treat it?” Jimin asked with wide eyes, worry eating up his insides at the news.

 

“Hydroxyurea and Penicillin,” the doctor replied, typing something up on his computer. “I want him to be taking Hydroxyurea every morning when he wakes up and penicillin every night before he goes to bed. Once daily for each. Also, you're going to want to change his diet to increase his iron intake. I want him to have on him excedrin wherever he goes. This will keep down his chances of have any dizzy spells.”

 

“Will it get better over time?” Sunggyu asked, causing the doctor to smile and nod his head. “Thank god.”

 

“Funny thing is, anemia is more common in females,” the doctor said, sighing deeply. “But in some cases, males can catch it too.”

 

“He'll be okay though, right?” Jimin asked, causing the doctor to nod his head. “Good. Can we see him now?”

 

“Yes, I'll take you to him,” the doctor said, leading them out of the room. He lead them to Taehyung's room, where he was laying on his bed. Jimin ran over to him and grabbed his hand, squeezing it tightly.

 

“How are you feeling?” Jimin asked worriedly, looking into his eyes.

 

“Like crap,” Taehyung said, coughing softly. “My fever won't go away.”

 

“You better not get me sick,” Jimin said with a laugh, causing his roommate to frown and slap him. Jimin was about to protest when someone cleared their throat at the door. They both looked up and found Jungkook standing in the doorway.

 

“May I come in?” He asked, causing Taehyung to frown.

 

“Why?” Taehyung asked, crossing his arms. “All you do is look down on me.”

 

“I want to check to see if you're okay,” Jungkook said softly. “I've been worried.”

 

“Worried? You’ve been worried?” Jimin asked, glaring at him. “You have no right.”

 

“Jimin, calm down,” Taehyung said with a deep sigh. “Fine, you can come in. But I don’t want you thinking everything is okay between us.”

 

“Right,” Jungkook said with a deep sigh. “I just… um… Samchon, can I talk to you?”

 

“Yeah, sure,” Sunggyu said with a frown, standing up and following Jungkook out of the room.

 

“What was that about?” Taehyung asked, causing Jimin to shrug his shoulders. “Um so how well does Jungkook and Sunggyu Hyung know each other?”

 

“Sunggyu is the CEO’s childhood best friend,” Jimin told him. “So I'd guess pretty close. Like Jungkook knew him his whole life and yeah.”

 

“How come I never knew him?” Taehyung asked with a frown. “Like I knew Sunggyu my whole life too.”

 

“Jungkook was wondering the same thing,” Jimin said, shrugging his shoulders. “How come I never knew Sunggyu?”

 

“I guess I never introduced you,” Taehyung replied, frowning slightly. “This is weird. But god, I hate that Sunggyu is so friendly with someone who is so… mean!”

 

“You two drive me insane,” Jimin said, sighing deeply.

 

“I know,” Taehyung said with a sigh matching his roommate’s. “Everything’s a mess right now and I wish it would all change.”

 

“How are you feeling?” Jimin asked seriously, placing his hand to Taehyung’s forehead. “You’re still burning up.”

 

“I feel very tired,” Taehyung said, giving him a small smile. “I guess that’s because I have anemia.”

 

“Hey, everything will get better,” Jimin said, brushing his bangs out of his eyes. “You’ll feel better once this flu is gone.”

 

“You’ll be okay,” Jungkook said walking into the room with a soft smile. “I know it will be different getting used to this new condition. You do have a lot of people here to get you through it. And it’s good your job isn’t physical.”

 

“Thanks,” Taehyung said, staring at the floor. Jungkook sighed and walked over to sit in the chair next to Taehyung’s bed. He placed his hand on Taehyung’s arm, causing the boy’s heart to skip a beat.

 

“You’re a good kid, Taehyung,” Jungkook told him. “I know I have my issues, but I… I’m bad at this. I’m sorry. I just hope everything gets better and yeah.”

 

“I don’t know if you’re fake or just bipolar,” Jimin said, causing Taehyung to turn on him with wide eyes. “I just can’t with… just you anymore. Like this is getting ridiculous.”

 

“He’s trying to get better, guys,” Sunggyu said, walking back in and sitting down on Taehyung’s bed. “He’s told me everything that’s happened. Everything that he’s done. And he wants to try again. He feels bad about it, and he understands that he messed up. I’ve known Jungkook since the day his father brought him home from the orphanage and I know his heart. Jungkook is really a good guy. He might not be the best at apologizing and he might have some anger issues, but he truly does care.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter