Special Chapter Part One

My Diagnosed Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Just go talk to him,” Jungkook said as he and Taehyung stood outside the doors to get into the Tier 3 production floor. Taehyung nervously shifted from one foot to the other, looking in through the doors. “You’re one of the head guys of the company now. You can pull someone off the floor. It’s your decision whether it’s work related or not.”

“But I’ve been ignoring him for a month,” Taehyung said with a pout, looking at his boyfriend. “How do I talk to him?”

“Like you would normally,” Jungkook said with a soft smile. “You’ve known Sunggyu your whole life, Tae. You know how to talk to him. Even though you know him as your father now, nothing has really changed. He’s still the same Kim Sunggyu he’s always been.”

“I’m scared,” Taehyung said, shaking his head. “I’ve never…. Talked to my own dad before… At least I thought I haven’t. And now… Jungkook… I don’t know.”

“Taehyung, everything will be okay,” Jungkook said, looking right into his eyes. “Just go up and talk to him. He’s not mad and he never will be. He just wants you to talk to him.”

“Okay,” Taehyung gave in with a deep sigh. Jungkook smiled and gave him a quick peck on the cheek before shoving him in. Taehyung looked behind him and noticed Jungkook wasn’t following. He took another deep sigh and walked over to his old team where his father was talking with his roommate. Taehyung shyly stopped next to them, causing Jimin to look up with a wide grin on his face.

“Taehyung!” Jimin cried, causing Sunggyu to turn in curiosity. He caught eye contact with his son and gave him a soft smile. “What are you doing here?”

“I… I want to talk to Sung- My dad,” Taehyung said, causing Sunggyu’s eyes to widen after he heard how Taehyung addressed him. “Do you have a minute?”

“Yeah, of course,” Sunggyu said, standing up. Taehyung shyly told him to follow him, causing Sunggyu to nod his head. “Hey, Hoseok, Taehyung’s taking me off to the side for a bit.”

“What? Oh, okay,” Hoseok said, nodding his head. He still didn’t know that Sunggyu was actually Taehyung’s father. No one has said anything yet.

Taehyung led Sunggyu out of the room and then to the elevator. The elevator ride down was extremely awkward and quiet, and Taehyung was having a hard time thinking of what to say. Once the doors opened, they exited and walked to the work building’s cafeteria that Taehyung has never tried before. As he walked in, company employees jumped up and bowed politely to him. Taehyung spotted Jungkook’s parents in the far corner, talking with the department lead of the marketing team. They both waved to Sunggyu and Taehyung as the father and son got in line to get food.

“So, what are you going to get to eat?” Sunggyu asked, trying to break the silence.

“Pizza,” Taehyung said shyly, staring at his feet. “You?”

“I was thinking of getting the same thing,” Sunggyu told him. Taehyung nodded and moved up the line, that really wasn’t much of a line anyway. He grabbed his food and was about to pay for it when the cashier shook her head.

“You aren’t required to pay for your meal,” she told him, causing Taehyung to frown. “You’re going to be in charge of the company fairly soon, so we’ll treat you the same way we treat our current vice president and CEO.”

“Then I’ll pay for him,” Taehyung said, still digging for his card.

“There’s no need,” she said, smiling at him. “You both are cleared.”

“But-”

“Tae, just accept her generosity,” Sunggyu said, causing Taehyung to sigh and bow deeply to the girl.

“Thank you,” Taehyung told her before leading Sunggyu away to a table. He sat down, staring at the table as nerves ate up his insides. Sunggyu sat down across from him, staring at him in worry.

“Hey, you okay?” he asked his son, slowly taking a bite out of his food.

“Yeah,” Taehyung said automatically, shooting his head up and giving him a shy smile. “Just… nervous. This is just so… weird and new to me… You know, having a father and all…”

“You don’t have to be nervous around me, Taehyung,” Sunggyu assured him. “You grew up with me always around. You just need to be the same as you always have been.”

“Thanks,” Taehyung said, giving him a small smile. “I just can’t believe she forced everyone to keep that from me. She knew my whole life how much I wanted a father. How much I needed my dad. I can’t believe she would hide you from me. I mean she didn’t hide you… She just hid who you really were.”

“It’s definitely been a hard life for you, and I’m extremely sorry about that,” Sunggyu said. “If there was anything that I could change, it would be that. Taehyung… You've grown up so strong and handsome and I'm just so proud of you! You're doing amazing things with your life right now. I'm so happy you found this company. That you found Jungkook. That you found me again.”

“I’m happy too,” Taehyung admitted, nodding his head. “It’s just so many changes all at once. It’s just… different.”

“You’ll adjust quickly,” Sunggyu assured him. “If there’s one thing I know about you, it’s that. Everything will be okay soon.”

“You and Jungkook keep saying that,” Taehyung said with a soft smile. “I guess I better start believing it.”

“Hey, you will,” Sunggyu said with a laugh. “So, how is everything going with Jungkook? How’d that date in Busan go?”

“I forgot you helped him out with that,” Taehyung said, his smile brightening. “We had a really good time this weekend. It was really nice going back to that beach. And I made it official between us, though I guess he was going to do the same thing. We had a lot of fun. And I know I’m falling for him more and more. He’s a really great person. It’s so hard to believe we hated each other not long ago. He’s the perfect partner. And I hope I can heal him from his past relationship.”

“I think you’re already healing him,” Sunggyu told him. “He was a mess. Actually, he only changed when you appeared in his life.”

“I just don’t get why someone would break up with him like that,” Taehyung said with a deep sigh. “He’s such a great person.”

“But you won’t, right?” Sunggyu asked with a small smile, causing Taehyung to automatically shake his head. He would never. “Good. Take care of him, okay?”

“I will,” Taehyung assured him, looking down at his uneaten food. He sighed and looked back up at Sunggyu. “I should get you back up to work.”

“Finish eating and then we’ll go,” Sunggyu ordered, causing Taehyung to laugh and nod his head, biting into his pizza.

When they were both done eating, they threw away their trash and started making their way towards the elevators again. Sunggy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter