Chapter Sixteen

My Diagnosed Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N I'll do a note at the beginning because my phone doesn't let me put a note in after I update. But we have now come to the second half of this story. Earlier I said 28 chapters, but I have written 30. I have also started working on a sequel. You'll be very surprised the sequel. I still don't know what I'm writing lmao. I hope you all will like it! Anyway, let's get on with part two of the first book!

 

 

Taehyung dragged himself into the work building, feeling very tired. He only had two hours of sleep the previous night. Jimin wasn’t going in because… Well, Taehyung didn’t actually know why Jimin wasn’t going in. But that left him to trudge his way into work on his own. He sighed and walked to his desk, letting his head drop on it, wanting more sleep. Sleep was practically his best friend.

“Good morning Taehyung!” Hoseok’s cheerful voice said, causing Taehyung to lift up his hand in a small wave. “You okay?”

“Just very very tired,” Taehyung said, his face flat on the desk, so his voice was a little muffled. “I didn’t get any sleep.”

“Do you need anything? Like coffee or a red bull?” Hoseok asked him.

“Jungkook said he was bringing me coffee,” Taehyung said, yawning and sitting up, looking at his TL. “You two didn’t come in together?”

“We never come in to work together,” Hoseok responded, shrugging his shoulders. “He leaves way later than I prefer.”

“Ah, I see,” Taehyung said, glancing at the clock. “We start in two minutes. Where is everyone?”

“Sunggyu said he’d be late, Yoongi and Jimin both called in…, Sungyeol is always late, Woohyun is probably going to come in with Sunggyu, and I don’t know where the other two are. They’re usually here by now,” Hoseok said, just as Jungkook walked in, wearing a leather jacket and sunglasses. Taehyung looked up at him, his eyes widening.

“Why are you wearing sunglasses?” Taehyung asked as Jungkook handed him a coffee.

“I haven’t slept since Friday night,” Jungkook replied, sitting down next to Taehyung at Jimin’s desk.

“Why haven’t you slept since Friday?” Hoseok asked with a frown, placing his hands on the youngest boy’s shoulders and massaging them. 

“Insomnia,” Jungkook responded, taking a sip of his own coffee.

“You could have talked to me last night,” Taehyung told him. “I didn’t sleep either. I had maybe two hours of sleep.”

“You usually sleep a lot,” Jungkook said with a deep frown. “That’s strange… Are you okay?”

“I’m okay,” Taehyung assured him, blowing on his cup of coffee. “You have cream and sugar in here, right?”

“Of course,” Jungkook responded, nodding his head. “Don’t worry, I know you don’t like black coffee.”

“Doesn’t Jimin like black coffee?” Hoseok asked, just as Myungsoo rushed in with Sungjong following behind. 

“Thank god we made it,” Myungsoo said with a groan. “I sat outside Sungjong’s house for like ten minutes waiting for him to get ready.”

“I’m sorry! I was forgetting something,” Sungjong said, rolling his eyes and sitting down at his own desk. 

“Morning boss,” Myungsoo said to Jungkook. “You look like death.”

“I feel like it too,” Jungkook said, causing Myungsoo to smirk and turn on his computer. 

“Funny,” Myungsoo said with a laugh.

Taehyung smiled at them and took another drink from his coffee. He had a major headache, probably because he had no sleep. He sighed and massaged his temples and turned to his computer, turning it on himself. Before he could do anything, however, Howon and Dongwoo walked in. Everyone jumped up, bowing politely to them.

“Where’s the rest of your team?” Howon asked, glancing at the team that was there. “Sunggyu and Woohyun have never once been late in their whole life.”

“Sunggyu’s stuck in traffic,” Hoseok told him. “There was an accident on the highway, so it’s backed up.”

“Alright, and our new hires?” Howon asked, looking at the spot where Jimin and Yoongi usually sat.

“They called in,” Hoseok responded, causing him to nod his head.

“And Sungyeol, late as always,” Howon said, rolling his eyes. “I’m going to have to have a talk with my brother.”

“He’s your brother?!” Taehyung asked in surprise, looking up at Howon.

“He is,” Howon responded, nodding his head. “Now, anyway, Kim Taehyung, Jungkook, please come with me.”

“What? Why?” Taehyung asked in confusion.

“Bring your stuff,” Howon said, before he and Dongwoo started leaving. Taehyung glanced between Hoseok and Jungkook in confusion as he picked up his bag he let drop on the floor. 

“Come on,” Jungkook said, placing his hand on Taehyung’s back and leading him out of the room.

“What’s going on?” Taehyung asked Jungkook, feeling slightly nervous.

“I honestly don’t know,” Jungkook lied, trying to hide his smile.

They followed Howon and Dongwoo into Howon’s office, where Seokjin and Namjoon were already seated. The both jumped up and bowed politely to the CEO before the CEO asked them all to sit down at the meeting table in his office. Taehyung awkwardly sat down between Namjoon and Jungkook, shaking visibly as he stared at Jungkook’s parents. Jungkook reached over and grabbed a hold of Taehyung’s hand, squeezing it tightly. Taehyung looked up at him and gave him a small smile.

“Alright Taehyung,” Howon said, causing the boy to turn on their boss. “I had a talk with Seokjin and Namjoon this morning and we’ve come to a decision. So as you know, I’m going to be leaving the company to Jungkook when he turns twenty. Yes it might seem weird that I’m retiring at such a young age, but I think my son will do good things within this company. We’ve been planning on handing it down to him for a while now. And since I’m leaving, Dongwoo will be leaving as well. Because of that, we will not have a VP. That spot would be going to Namjoon here, but he’s decided he wanted to keep his position he has now. And after a long talk with him and Seokjin here, we’ve decided we wanted to give you the VP position.”

“But… Why?” Taehyung asked in shock, staring at him. “I’m… I’m new. Aren’t I… your newest employee?”

“You are,” Howon said, nodding his head. “But you’re one of our best. We’ve been watching your development, Taehyung. And with your skills, you would prove great for our leadership team. You’ll be working alongside Jungkook in running this company.”

“But… I don’t know how to run a company,” Taehyung said, frowning at Jungkook.

“Neither does Jungkook,” Howon said. “But that’s why we’re going to immediately start training the both of you. Namjoon and Dongwoo will be working closely with you, while Seokjin and I are working with Jungkook. You and Jungkook will also have private classes taught by Namjoon and Seokjin. You’ll be starting today. Jungkook and Namjoon and Seokjin will take you around the building to meet each department and their teams. And we do know about your condition with public speaking anxiety, so we are taking that into consideration as well. You don’t have to worry about that.”

Taehyung stared at him for a very long time before turning to Jungkook, who had a very bright smile on his face. He then looked at Seokjin and Namjoon, who were nodding their heads enthusiastically. Lastly, he turned to Howon and Dongwoo, who were both giving him soft smiles, awaiting his response. He thought hard, trying to figure out what to say. The vice president of one of the biggest companies in the world?! Not everyone could say they got that opportunity.

“What will my pay be like?” he asked dumbly, glancing at Jungkook again.

“You’ll be on salary,” Dongwoo told him. “Uh… Jungkook, why don’t you tell him how much money I make. That’s how much he’ll be making.”

“Well last year dad made about $84,000. After, well dad, he's the highest paid executive of the company,” Jungkook said, causing Taehyung's mouth to drop open in shock.

“That's like $7,000 a month,” Taehyung stuttered. “That's like… I make not even a quarter of that now. I could… I could get me and Jimin a better house with that money and not rent a house.”

“What do you say, Taehyung?” Dongwoo asked, smiling at the shocked boy.

“I…” Taehyung said, glancing at Jungkook for an answer.

“I can't decide for you,” Jungkook said, giving him an encouragin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter