Chapter Six

My Diagnosed Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Taehyung sighed as he glanced in the mirror, taking in his appearance. He had on a black polkadotted, button up shirt that was tucked into his black dress pants (which were slightly baggy) and a belt holding together the pants. He figured he needed something else, so he quickly brushed through his hair before leaving his bathroom and picking up a black pinstriped blazer and throwing it on. He then walked downstairs to meet up with Jimin, who was wearing a white tee with a black blazer and black skinny jeans and a belt visible. Taehyung looked him up and down with raised eyebrows.

 

“Skinny jeans and a tshirt?” Taehyung asked, grabbing a poptart out of the cupboard. “Are you sure that’s fancy enough to wear at the meeting?”

 

“I mean these pants are practically dress pants, just skinny,” Jimin said pointing at his legs. “And why would I not wear a tshirt? Maybe you’re just a little over dressed. Though, the stripes and dots don’t go well together.”

 

“I think it looks perfect,” Taehyung told him. “Now, I think you should at least tuck in your shirt.”

 

“Fine,” Jimin grumbled as Taehyung left the kitchen and grabbed his keys.

 

“I’m driving today,” Taehyung said, placing his bag over his shoulder and leaving the house with Jimin rushing behind him. “I never get to drive to work.”

 

“I mean you can,” Jimin said, shrugging his shoulders. “You’re always just complaining about how you’re too tired to drive.”

 

“...True,” Taehyung said, walking towards his car and unlocking it. Jimin walked over to the driver’s side and got in, placing his bag in the back seat. Taehyung did the same and noticed something in Jimin’s hands. “What’s that?”

 

“I found a phone and set of keys,” Jimin said, showing his roommate. “Are these.. Jungkook’s?”

 

“I thought he left his phone in his car,” Taehyung said, glancing at the phone. “Place them in my bag. I’ll give them to him at work.”

 

“He was hung over,” Jimin replied. “He probably forgot. Maybe he’s a forgetful drunk. It looks like they fell out of his pockets.”

 

“I guess so,” Taehyung said, nodding his head and starting the car. He backed out of the driveway and made his way to work.

 

The car ride was quiet, but not in a bad way. Taehyung tried his hardest to wake up, but he had a very sleepless weekend. After Jungkook left, Taehyung just couldn’t wrap his mind around what he said. He couldn’t understand what Jungkook actually felt about him. Apparently he didn’t hate him, but that wasn’t enough.

 

“You okay, Tae?” Jimin asked, causing Taehyung to glance over at him. “You’ve been really quiet this weekend.”

 

“I’m okay,” Taehyung said, giving him a small smile. “Just thinking.”

 

“About Jungkook?” Jimin asked, causing his roommate to nod his head. “What did he say to you?”

 

“He apologized and said he was really upset and that that was the best night he ever had in his life,” Taehyung replied. “And that he doesn’t hate me. So I don’t know what that means.”

 

“I would comment on that, but I don’t think you want to know,” Jimin said with a soft smile, causing Taehyung to shake his head.

 

The car fell silent again and Taehyung finally pulled up to the work building. The both grabbed their bags and got out of the car. They made their way inside, bumping into Jungkook as they waited for their elevator to go up to their floor. Jimin and Taehyung both bowed politely before going into the elevator. Taehyung looked him up and down, noticing he was wearing a full on tux with a black brief case.

 

“I don’t think I’ve ever seen you this dressed up, sir,” Jimin said, also staring at him. “You look good.”

 

“Yeah, thanks,” Jungkook said, staring at the floor.

 

“Anything wrong?” Jimin asked him.

 

“I… I seemed to have misplaced my keys and phone,” Jungkook said. “I think I left them at the bar. My wallet too. I have a passcode to get into my apartment, so I was able to get into my house… But I had to take a cab to work today.”

 

“Oh, your phone and keys,” Taehyung said, opening his bag just as the door opened to their floor. He followed the both out as he dug in his bag. “They were in my car. Jimin found them this morning.”

 

“Have you seen my wallet?” Jungkook asked, following them onto the production floor as employees looked up at them and bowed politely to Jungkook.

 

“I haven’t done laundry, honestly,” Taehyung said, handing him the phone and keys. “So I haven’t checked your pockets.”

 

“Please check for me,” Jungkook pleaded. “Also, throw away those clothes. They’re gross. I have plenty of white tshirts.”

 

“I’ll definitely check,” Taehyung assured him.

 

“Thank you,” Jungkook said, before walking away towards another area of the room.

 

“So… Is he back to normal or?” Jimin asked, causing Taehyung to shrug his shoulders. “He was definitely acting weird.”

 

“I agree,” Taehyung said, nodding his head and making his way towards their team.

 

They found Hoseok and Yoongi already standing there, talking and laughing together. Yoongi was dressed up exactly like Jimin, while Hoseok was wearing something similar with a gray and black striped suit and silver shoes. Taehyung and Jimin glanced at each other and burst out laughing. His shoes honestly looked ridiculous. Hoseok just gave them raised eyebrows, waiting for them to calm down.

 

“What?” Hoseok asked, crossing his arms.

 

“Your shoes,” Jimin said, pointing at them. “What are those?”

 

“Um, shoes?” Hoseok said, raising his eyebrows. “What’s wrong with them?”

 

“They look insane,” Jimin stated, walking over to Yoongi and wrapping his arm around his shoulders. “How are you today?”

 

“So tell me,” Hoseok said, looking between the two. “Are you two dating?”

 

“No,” Jimin and Hoseok said at the same time.

 

“I don’t understand,” Taehyung said, frowning. “What was Friday night then?”

 

“You wouldn’t get get it,” Jimin said. “Because you run away from the people you sleep with.”

 

“Yah,” Taehyung said with a pout, but he wasn’t able to retaliate because Jungkook was walking back over to them with Jin and Namjoon.

 

Namjoon was dressed similar to Yoongi and Jimin, while Jin had on a plain silky button up black shirt instead of the white shirt the others were wearing. The other three team members went over to the other techs on the floor, leaving them alone. Taehyung figured that the seven of them would be doing this meeting without the other three. He wondered what kind of meeting this would be. They never really talked it over.

 

“So what departments are we meeting with?” Jimin asked, causing Seokjin to look at him.

 

“We’ll have a few people in our meeting,” Seokjin replied. “There’s going to be the TSR department, which is the research team, the team that deals directly with customer service. We also have two customer service teams. The computer team. The tv team. And then the marketing and production team will be there. Also the management team, besides us, will be there. So like the vice president and the boss.”

 

“Okay, wow,” Jimin said, nodding his head.

 

“Alright guys, let’s go,” Jungkook said, leading them out of the room. “Jimin, Yoongi, none of that couple-y stuff around my father, please.”

 

“We weren’t going to,” Yoongi said with a frown as they all grabbed their bags and followed Jungkook out. “We know how to be professional.”

 

“And no mentioning me and Taehyung to him either,” Jungkook added, causing Taehyung to frown.

 

“Are you saying there’s something going on between you two?” Hoseok asked with raised eyebrows.

 

“No,” Jungkook said, shaking his head. “I’m meaning what DID happen between us. Don’t talk about it. Especially because he’s against those kind of relationships or whatever. Just don’t say anything.”

 

“What relationships?” Taehyung asked. “We’re not in any kind of relationship, Jungkook. We had NO kind of relationship. There’s no kind of relationship to even bring up to him.”

 

“Alright,” Jungkook said. “You’re right.”

 

Taehyung rolled his eyes and followed him to the elevator that everyone piled into it. Taehyung stood farthest away from Jungkook, now doubting the apology Jungkook gave him on Saturday. He couldn’t believe he even had to bring that up. He honestly didn’t even want to look for the boy’s wallet anymore. It wasn’t his fault he lost his wallet. Jimin noticed the change in Taehyung’s demeanour and walked up to him, grabbing his hand and squeezing it.

 

“Are you okay?” he asked his roommate.

 

“I’m fine, Jimin,” Taehyung said with a sigh. “I just wish… I don’t even know.”

 

“Jungkook will come around,” Jimin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter