Chapter Twenty

My Diagnosed Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung lounged out in his backyard, staring up at the stars with his arm resting over his forehead. He tried processing everything that happened in the last couple months since the day he started his new job. The day everything started changing. He never imagined finding himself a potential boyfriend. Or finding out who his father was. Or being promoted to vice president at a large company. Jungkook was right, everything was just getting better even though he was overwhelmed by it all. He was going to have to learn to accept everything that was coming at him.

“Tae,” a voice said, causing Taehyung to look up and find Jimin standing over him. “Hey, what’s up?”

“You know, just thinking,” Taehyung said with a smile, patting the patch of grass next to him. “Talk to me! We haven’t talked in a while.”

“Okay,” Jimin agreed, sitting down next to him, criss crossing his legs. “So what do you want to talk about?”

“Just life,” Taehyung said, shrugging his shoulders. “So how are you and Yoongi doing? You’re always with him so we never get any alone time. I hope everything is good.”

“Taehyung,” Jimin said with a deep sigh, a wide smile appearing on his face and his eyes twinkling. Taehyung knew just by the look on his face just how good everything was going. “He’s absolutely amazing. I’m so happy I met him. He’s an amazing boyfriend. He might seem like he doesn’t care or whatever, but he’s truly a really good guy. He makes me so happy.”

“I’m happy for you,” Taehyung said, smiling at him. “I haven’t seen you this happy in such a long time. I’m glad your relationship is going well.”

“I’m glad too,” Jimin said, grinning and looking down at Taehyung. “And what about you? How are you and Jungkook doing?”

“I really really like him, Jimin,” Taehyung said, closing his eyes with a lingering smile. “I honestly didn’t think I would get someone so soon. I just wish we could make it official soon. Since we’re off tomorrow we’re going out on our third date. We’ve been dating for a month now. I hope this third date marks the day we become official. He’s so good to me, Jimin. And I want to show him that he can trust me.”

“Why don’t you be the one who makes it official?” Jimin asked him. “Maybe he’s scared to make the first move. Why don’t you bring it up? You two have been so good together, I think it’s time as well. I don’t think he’ll be against it if you bring it up.”

“But he’s afraid to have a committed relationship,” Taehyung said, doubting what Jimin said. “I don’t know if he’s ready to commit. He had a hard break up with his previous boyfriend. Can I really compare to that?”

“Taehyung,” Jimin said, staring at him with a hard stare, causing Taehyung to look up at him. The younger boy sighed and sat up as Jimin took a hold of his hands, looking right into his eyes. “How many times do I have to say this? You are one of the most amazing guys in this universe! You don’t need to be scared about whether you’re enough for him or not. It’s obvious he likes you alot and it’s obvious you like him just as much. I don’t think he would think you won’t compare. He might be scared that he’s not enough for you. You have to ensure him that he’s the one you want. Just the fact that he agreed to date you shows that he’s not that afraid to make it official with you. You two know a lot about each other. Probably more than Yoongi and I. Make it official with him, Taehyung. You deserve it. You both do.”

“Are you sure?” Taehyung asked, causing him to nod his head. “But how should I do it?”

“Well, what are you doing on  your date tomorrow?” Jimin asked, grabbing onto his best friend’s hand and squeezing it in reassurance. 

“He wants to take me to the beach,” Taehyung replied. “Since it’s becoming the hottest point of the summer we thought it would be nice to cool down at the beach. We’re going to have a picnic and everything. He’s preparing it all.”

“Okay, so you’ll be going to the beach,” Jimin said, nodding his head. “Alright, so let’s brainstorm on what you can do….”

…….

“Whoa! It’s beautiful!” Taehyung cried out as he and Jungkook pulled up to the beach. Jungkook grinned widely and got out of the car, picking up the picnic basket from the back seat before following Taehyung onto the beach and towards the water. “It’s been so long since I’ve come to this beach!”

“I thought you would like coming here, since you grew up here and all,” Jungkook said with a soft smile, finding the perfect spot and setting everything up. “What’s it like being back in your hometown?”

“I love it, Jungkook!” Taehyung said, turning around to grin at him. Jungkook had brought him back to Busan. Despite the drive being 3 hours long, he knew Taehyung would love it. He knew it was the perfect spot to ask Taehyung the question he’s been dying to ask all week. He wanted to make sure he was happy.

He watched as Taehyung took off his shirt and flipflops, throwing his phone onto his shirt before rushing towards the water. Jungkook grinned and laid out a large blanket, taking out a container of kimbap that Sunggyu helped him make. He told him that it was Taehyung’s favorite food. He also said this was Taehyung’s favorite beach. So he knew this was going to be absolutely perfect. He didn’t want to mess anything up.

“Jungkook!” Taehyung called, causing him to look up and find Taehyung splashing through the water. “Come in! The water feels great!”

“I want to eat first,” Jungkook said with a pout. 

“Please?” Taehyung asked, frowning at him.

“Okay,” Jungkook gave in, taking off his own shirts and flipflops before running towards him, his sunglasses still covering his eyes. He splashed into the water himself, tackling Taehyung into the water and causing the both of them to fall in. 

Taehyung laughed and thrashed about, trying to get up above water again. Jungkook grinned and held him in, letting his face stay above the water so he could breath. Jungkook then leaned over and pulled Taehyung into a deep, passionate kiss. They haven’t kissed like this since the day Jungkook kissed him at office. Taehyung immediately kissed him back, holding onto him tightly so he wouldn’t fall fully into the water. 

They broke apart after a good minute, Jungkook breathing heavily and looking into his eyes. Taehyung smiled at him and kissed him once again. Jungkook let Taehyung stand correctly before allowing Taehyung to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter