Chapter Fifteen

My Diagnosed Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook sprinted through the city towards Taehyung's house, never stopping despite how tired he got. His legs and chest were aching, but his will overpowered that. He cursed at how far away Taehyung's house was, but kept going. To his amazement but his body’s torture, it only took 25 minutes to get there. He was sweating profusely and breathing harshly but he made it. He looked down at his shirt that was completely soaked through with his sweat. The sweat blinded him as he walked up to the front door, pounding on it impatiently.

After a good two minutes of knocking, the door was thrown open. Jungkook finally collapsed, falling into the arms of who ever opened the door and knocking him to the floor. The person underneath him hit the floor hard, staring at Jungkook in shock. Jungkook caught his breath, his eyes closed and his rapid heartbeat calming down. After a couple minutes, he opened his eyes and caught eye contact with Taehyung. The boy's eyes were bloodshot and his face was puffy, making Jungkook realize he was crying.

Before Taehyung could say anything, Jungkook suddenly wrapped his arms tightly around him, pulling him into a bone crushing hug. Taehyung awkwardly hugged him back, as best as he could with Jungkook on top of him. After a couple minutes, Jungkook rolled off him and sat up, looking down at him. Taehyung then slowly pushed himself up, staring at Jungkook in confusion. He looked Jungkook up and down, noticing the sweat drenched shirt.

“Are you okay?” Taehyung asked him. “Why are you covered in sweat?”

“I,” Jungkook said, still apparently breathing too hard to talk. “I ran here.”

“From your house?” Taehyung asked, causing Jungkook to nod his head. “Why?”

“I.. I had to see you,” Jungkook told him, suddenly realizing just how ridiculous this situation actually was. “So I just left. I wasn’t really thinking.”

“You could have driven,” Taehyung said, shaking his head and standing up. “Come on, we need to at least get you out of that shirt. It’s gross.”

“It is,” Jungkook agreed, looking down at his shirt.

“Come on,” Taehyung said, reaching out his hand and allowing Jungkook to take it. They walked further into the house and Jungkook spotted Seokjin sitting on the couch, playing on his phone. 

“What’s going on?” Seokjin asked, glancing up at them. “Oh, Jungkook.”

“Hi hyung,” Jungkook said, giving him a small wave, just as the door opened behind them. They all turned to find Jimin and Yoongi walking in.

“What are you doing here?” Jimin immediately asked. 

“I’ll go get you a shirt to change into,” Taehyung said, leaving Jungkook with the others and running up the stairs. Jimin stared after him worriedly before looking at Jungkook again.

“I asked what you’re doing here,” Jimin said again, walking towards Jungkook. “Didn’t I tell you he needed space?”

“Hey, calm down,” Seokjin said, standing up and placing his hands on Jungkook’s shoulders. “He probably has a very good reason for being here. Right, Jungkook?”

“Y-yeah, I do,” Jungkook said, nodding his head. “I have to talk to Taehyung.”

“About what?” Jimin asked, crossing his arms. 

“We just need to clarify things,” Jungkook told him, a little scared of the older man in front of him. “I just… He and I… We need to settle all of this… Because it’s hurting him and I can’t handle that at all. I had a talk with my cousin and he made me realize everything that was going on.”

“Namjoon did what I was going to do,” Seokjin said with a small smile. “Great minds think alike. So what will the two of you talk about?”

“Us,” Jungkook replied, causing him to nod his head. 

“Just don’t hurt him even more than you already have,” Jimin said, before walking away with Yoongi following. As they left, Taehyung came running down the stairs again, handing Jungkook a clean shirt. Jungkook thanked him and quickly changed his shirt, placing the gross shirt on the back of the couch.

“So,” Jungkook said, glancing down at his feet. “Can we talk?”

“I can leave,” Seokjin said, glancing up the stairs.

“I think we’ll be okay going to my room,” Taehyung said, giving him a soft smile. “Thank you hyung.”

“Just remember I’m right down here if anything happens,” Seokjin said, glancing up the stairs. “And Jimin and Yoongi are just in the room next door.”


“Right, thanks,” Taehyung said, nodding his head and walking up to his room with Jungkook cautiously following. When they made it to his room, Taehyung closed the door behind Jungkook and him with a small frown on his face. “So what is this about?”

“I need to fully apologize,” Jungkook told him, looking right into his eyes. “For everything.”

“I’ve already forgiven you,” Taehyung said, shrugging his shoulders and walking over to sit down on his bed. “It seems like we’re in good standing already.”

“No we’re not,” Jungkook said with a deep sigh. “Not after what I said today. You left before I could explain myself. Look, I’m really sorry, Taehyung. I shouldn’t have told my dad we’re in a relationship when we’re not. I know that it hurt you, and I know I shouldn’t have done that. I know that you like me… And that makes everything I did ten times worse. And I’m sorry about that. I truly am.”

“Well,” Taehyung said, avoiding eye contact with the other boy and playing with his fingers. “How do you feel about me? You didn’t give an exact answer and I left before you really could.”

“I didn’t know the answer when you left,” Jungkook said, walking over to the bed and sitting down next to him. “But I do now.”

“Did you really just figure it out just like that?” Taehyung asked, unbelieving. 

“I mean Namjoon had to point it out for me. And Jimin. And Hoseok. And I guess in a way, Yoongi did too,” Jungkook said, nodding his head. “I… I think I like you too. I can’t promise if it’s really true or not, but I definitely know that I’m for sure attracted to you. And I’m comfortable around you. And I care about you. And… you’ve changed me since the day you showed up in my life. And, yeah, I think I like you.”

“So what does this mean?” Taehyung asked, biting his lip nervously. “Where does that bring us?”

“Well… would you like to try being in a relationship with me?” Jungkook asked, staring at him. “You know, try everything out? See if we really do like each other?” 

“I…” Taehyung said, looking up at him and giving him a small smile. “Yeah I think I’d like that.”

“I think I’d like that too,” Jungkook said, smiling back at him.

“But… You’re my boss,” Taehyung suddenly said, frowning again. 

“Yes, and my father is my boss,” Jungkook said, nodding his head. “And he already believes we’re in a relationship, so this won’t hurt us at all. Besides, we met before I was your boss. So I think we get an exception.”

“But I-”

“Taehyung, there’s nothing to worry about,” Jungkook said, grabbing onto his hands and looking into his eyes. “All our friends are there to stand by us. Nothing will happen.”

“But… What if we break up?” Taehyung asked, causing Jungkook to sigh again. “I mean we work in the same place and like you’ll be the CEO and I’ll have to answer to you and like what if-”

“Taehyung, I know how to be professional at work,” Jungkook told him. “If anything bad happens, then I won’t make it get in the way at work. I don’t play favorites, so you won’t have to worry.”

“Okay,” Taehyung said with a deep sigh, smiling again. “So… We’re in a real relationship then? Not anything fake?”

“Nothing fake,” Jungkook said, chuckling. “I guess it’s safe to say we’re officially dating.”

“Yes, we’re officially dating,” Taehyung said, nodding his head. “Let’s see this through and if we both like this… Then I’ll ask you to be my boyfriend.”

“That sounds perfect for me,” Jungkook said, nodding his head. “So we’ll take this slow.”

“Slow sounds good,” Taehyung agreed. “Though I do like those kisses you gave me. I wouldn’t mind kissing you.”

“Okay, deal,” Jungkook said with a soft laugh. 

“I… I’ve never been in a relationship before,” Taehyung said, causing Jungkook’s eyes to widen. “You’re the first person I’ve ever liked… Like this. After what happened between us when we met… I didn’t want to trust anyone again. That was my first time sleeping with someone. That was my first time trusting someone I didn’t know… And then I messed it up by leaving like that and I hurt you.”

“I shou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter