Chapter Seventeen

My Diagnosed Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N Okay, first off, the trailer I made today took me twenty hours to make. I had one made and then deleted it and started it from scratch to give you the perfect video! I really hope you liked it! The song is a cover Jungkook sang called Lost Stars and I honestly find it absolutely perfect for this story! Now anyway, I want to thank all of you for subscribing and reading. So true story, when I woke up this morning, I only had 150 subscribed. We legit climbed 50 subscribers in less than 24 hours and I couldn't be happier! I'm so glad you all found interest in this story! I hope you like this chapter! You all are truly amazing! Thank you so much!! (And this is the fastest I've ever recieved subscribers, no joke)

 

 

 

 

“I hold the world’s keys in my hands!” a voice shouted as Jimin and Yoongi came storming through the restaurant doors and over to the group sitting in the waiting room. Taehyung looked up at his roommate with raised eyebrows, judging him hard.

 

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Taehyung asked him, trying not to laugh.

 

“He’s been boasting because he’s been beating me in video games all day,” Yoongi said, rolling his eyes. “He thinks he’s the king of the world just because he can win against me.”

 

“So you called in just so you two can play video games all day?” Jungkook asked, crossing his arms and looking at them in disapproval.

 

“Well, no,” Jimin said, shaking his head. “Yoongi had a migraine this morning and I called in so I could take care of him. Video games calm him down.”

 

“But they rile Jimin up,” Yoongi said, flicking the younger boy on the head. “I’m feeling better, by the way. I’ll definitely be at work tomorrow. I’m sorry, that won’t be a common thing. My head was just killing me today.”

 

“I don’t judge you,” Hoseok said, shrugging his shoulders. “But also, doesn’t like EVERYTHING rile Jimin up?”

 

“It does,” Taehyung said, nodding his head. “He’s like a ticking time bomb.”

 

“Yah!” Jimin cried, kicking his roommate. “No I’m not!”

 

“Hey! Be nice to me,” Taehyung whined, bending down to rub his shin where the boy kicked him. “It’s my special day.”

 

“Your special day is your birthday,” Jimin said, rolling his eyes. “And it’s a long time until your birthday.”

 

“Yah! Not everyone gets a promotion as big as I did!” Taehyung bickered back, kicking his roommate back. “You’re just conceited and jealous.”

 

“No I’m not!” Jimin whined. “You’re rude!”

 

“You’re mean!” Taehyung cried, causing everyone around them to sigh.

 

“How do you two live together when all you do is bicker?” Jungkook asked, rolling his eyes at the two and pulling Taehyung away from his best friend. “I swear, you guys argue worse than Taehyung and I used to. You guys are giving me a headache. Let’s just not argue, okay? We’re all friends here, right?”

 

“Jungkook’s right,” Hoseok said, before looking at the waitress standing at the front. “Hello, miss, we’re ready to be seated.”

 

“How many of you are there?” she asked, looking at all the boys.

 

“There’s seven of us,” Hoseok replied, before frowning and turning around to count everyone. “Yeah, seven.”

 

“Alright, please give us a few moments and I’ll be back to get you seated,” the lady said, before walking away.

 

“You really had to recount?” Yoongi asked with a snort.

 

“What? I just wanted to be sure!” Hoseok cried in protest, causing Yoongi to roll his eyes. “Remember! I’m your supervisor!”

 

“Not when we’re not at work!” Yoongi reminded him. “We already agreed that matters outside of work don’t affect us! Like Taehyung dating Jungkook, that’s an off work thing!”

 

“I actually think it’s an on and off work thing with those two,” Hoseok said, glancing at the couple who weren’t even paying attention to anyone anymore. “I mean that promotion has got to be Jungkook’s doing!”

 

“It doesn’t!” Jungkook and Namjoon said at the same time.

 

“It was my idea,” Namjoon said. “I mean, it came about because the two of them are dating, but he didn’t get it because they’re dating.”

 

“Jungkook had to have had a say about it,” Jimin said, glancing at the youngest boy. “You at least knew something, didn’t you?”

 

“Okay, so maybe I knew something about it,” Jungkook said, glancing at everyone. “I agreed to the idea, but I wasn’t the one who proposed it. That was out of my hands.”

 

“You knew?!” Taehyung cried with wide eyes, staring at Jungkook. “And you didn’t tell me?! Yah! Why didn’t you tell me?!”

 

“He didn’t tell you because he didn’t want you to misunderstand,” Namjoon told him just as the waitress came back to tell them to follow her. “Cause to you at the time it happened it would seem like “oh he asked me out just so I would accept that job”. And we know you wouldn’t have accepted it. You had to hear Jungkook’s story first and know that he meant what he was saying. He didn’t have anything to do with deciding whether you should have the job or not. We asked him what you thought and he agreed but he also made it clear that he wasn’t comfortable with it considering the circumstances until he talked to you. He had no say in it, I promise.”

 

“Right, okay,” Taehyung said, nodding his head and feeling a little pressured now. He ended up falling behind and walking next to his roommate. He felt a little dejected about how everything went along.

 

“You okay?” Jimin asked, rubbing his back. Taehyung shrugged his shoulders and stared at the floor as they walked to the table. When they sat down, Taehyung sat down in between Jimin and Yoongi, staring at the table.

 

“Taehyung,” Jungkook said, but the other boy just shook his head and ordered his drink when the waitress asked for what they wanted to drink. “Hey, I… I’m sorry. I just didn’t want you to feel pressured.”

 

“This doesn’t feel like a promotion anymore,” Taehyung whispered, picking up a menu and looking at the food listed. He didn’t notice the small glare Jungkook gave Namjoon. It wasn’t much of a glare since his face was laced with sadness. Jimin wanted to stand up for his best friend, but he also knew that Jungkook only meant the best and Namjoon was trying to help. It was no one’s fault. It didn’t mean he wasn’t worried for Taehyung.

 

The whole group was silent as they order their meals and even halfway into their meals. After a while, Hoseok placed down his fork and looked around at everyone. He felt like he had to lighten the mood. This dinner was his idea. It was supposed to be a celebration, not feel like someone died. He looked down at his plate that still had half his food on it.

 

“So these plates look like they’re plastic,” Hoseok said, glancing around at everyone. “Are they breakable?”

 

“Let’s test that theory,” Yoongi said, pushing on an empty bowl between him and Hoseok. It fell to the floor and shattered, causing everyone to choke on their food and look at Yoongi in shock. “They’re glass.”

 

“Is everything okay?” a waiter asked, walking over to them.

 

“I’m so sorry sir,” Yoongi said, looking up at him

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter