Chapter Four

My Diagnosed Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Taehyung sighed deeply as he walked into work, Jimin following closely behind him. They both walked onto the production floor where they found other techs at computers with screens mirroring devices. Some of the techs looked up and smiled at them as Jimin and Taehyung made their way over to Hoseok and Yoongi, who were sitting with a team of 3 other guys. Taehyung bowed politely and sat down at one of the large computers, immediately pulling up the log in screen so he could clock in for work.

 

“Hello boys,” Hoseok said with a bright smile. “I’m glad to see you two here on time. How are you this morning?”

 

“We’re,” Jimin said, glancing at his roommate, “okay. Taehyung’s still a little off because of Friday night. But everything will be okay.”

 

“Look, Taehyung,” Hoseok said, causing the younger boy to look up. “Don’t take it to heart. He gets like that… He’s practically closed his heart out to any and everyone because of a past issue in high school…”

 

“Let’s just not talk about it,” Taehyung said with a soft whisper.

 

“Alright,” Hoseok said with a soft smile before looking around at his team. “Alright, it’s good to see everyone here. We do have a full team. Yoongi, Taehyung, Jimin, these are three of our best techs on the floor, Myungsoo, Sungyeol and Sungjong. They’ll be helping you out as you get a hang of the new job. We definitely won’t leave you alone until you are confident that you know how to do everything.”

 

“Thank you sir,” the three new techs said, bowing to their team leader respectfully. Before Hoseok could say anything, a new figure entered the room. Everyone looked up to find Jungkook making his way over to them. Everyone but Taehyung stood up to bow respectfully to him.

 

“Taehyung,” Jimin hissed, nudging him in the side. “He’s still our boss.”

 

“He’s not our boss yet,” Taehyung said, glaring at Jungkook. “His father is.”

 

“Taehyung,” Jimin said with a frown. “Yah.”

 

“He’s right,” Jungkook said, glaring at Taehyung. “However, you will respect me. Even if I’m not your boss, I AM your supervisor. I AM the boss’s son and so I do report directly to the CEO. So you better fix your attitude towards me or you won’t have a job after this.”

 

Taehyung sighed deeply and looked away from him. He really couldn’t stand the other boy. He couldn’t believe that he was throwing his title as the CEO’s son around like that. How could someone hurt a person and then treat him like dirt. As if you didn’t care how you made the other person.

 

“So I want the three of you to research something for me,” Jungkook said, glancing at the three new employees. “We’ll start on a small project for you. We’ve been having an issue connecting to the Chrome browser any time our users try and go in. We’ve been getting a common error message saying “We cannot locate this server, try again later” with a code of 3389. This isn’t a terrible issue, but it is starting to become inconvenient. I want you all to research to find if you can find a fix for it. Once you find a fix, I want you to construct an email on how you got it fixed so that our customer service lines will know how to troubleshoot this issue.”

 

“Are we going to end up coming up with a way to incorporate this with the next update for these devices?” Yoongi asked, causing Jungkook to give him a small smile.

 

“Well first let’s work with this issue and then we’ll look into that,” Jungkook told him. “Alright, I’m going to head over to the CS department. I expect some good, A+ work from you guys. Especially you, Kim Taehyung. I’m on edge with you at the moment. I need some really good work from you or else I’ll be talking about your dismissal with my father.”

 

“Jungkook,” Hoseok said, his tone hardening as he glared at the boy. “Taehyung is by far one of our best employees, even with all the senior techs here. I believe you should think twice before giving threats to my teammates like this. And I think BOTH of you should put your personal feelings aside and not let it get in the way of your work. Now as your HYUNG, your childhood best friend, Jeon Jungkook, I request that you listen to my request and leave Taehyung alone. Now please leave so we can get started on our work.”

 

Jungkook gave Taehyung one last glare before storming out of the room. Taehyung sighed and stared at the computer as Jimin rubbed supporting circles on his back. Taehyung gave him a small smile before bringing up information on the 3389 error. He then brought up a word document on the dual screen he had and looked at his team members. Jimin and Yoongi sat around him as the other three stood off to the side to be there for support. Hoseok had left behind Jungkook, probably to go speak to him.

 

“So,” Taehyung said, glancing at everyone. “What do you guys think?”

 

“Do we have one of these computers that’s getting the error message? I’m guessing it’s not on the television,” Yoongi asked, looking at the other three employees in the room.

 

“We always have a computer to research on,” one of the three men said, picking up a laptop and handing it over to Yoongi. Yoongi took it and opened up the computer, turning it on.

 

“I was under the impression that we would each be getting our own laptops once we entered the floor,” Jimin said, glancing at the beauty of the computer. “Is that true?”

 

“All in due time, Jimin,” Hoseok said with a smile as he walked back in. “I still have to get to the getting the computer thing for you guys. But with these computers, if you lose your job you do have to return the computer. However, you are able to use them while you are at work. You’re just not allowed to bring in outside computers. Also, you are able to take home one of our tvs, but you’ll have $15 a paycheck taken off each billing period.”

 

“I WANT ONE OF THOSE TVS!” Jimin shouted excitedly, causing Taehyung to roll his eyes. “I can finally get a tv in my room instead of fighting Taehyung for the tv in the living room.”

 

“Like you need something more to distract yourself,” Taehyung said, rolling his eyes and looking at Yoongi. “Did the computer start up yet?”

 

“Yes,” Yoongi said, placing the computer on the desk. He brought up Google Chrome, which immediately brought up the error message. “Okay, first let’s delete chrome from the computer. I think we should test it in two ways, by downloading it from the chrome website as well as downloading it from the Google Play shop. Because if this was downloaded by Google Play, then that right there could be the issue.”

 

“However, we want it to be working both ways if that’s the case,” Taehyung said, glancing at him. “Because for some customers, they’re going to like downloading off the Play store. And so we want to find out how to fix that.”

 

“Well let’s also write down how to delete Chrome off the computers so that the customers will be able to do that easily,” Jimin suggested.

 

“Actually, what if it has to do with an update for Chrome itself?” Taehyung asked, looking at the two. “Can we check if Chrome is up to date? Because that could play a big part in it. We should do that before we delete it. Because deleting and reinstalling it updates it without us even figuring out the root of the issue.”

 

“But if it had to do with an update, wouldn’t that be the whole computer itself?” Jimin asked, looking at his roommate in confusion.

 

“Not necessarily,” Hoseok said, stepping into the conversation. “Go ahead and try going through the update.”

 

Taehyung nodded his head and clicked on the menu icon on the google chrome browser. He then pressed the about chrome option and checked for updates. When it gave him the option to update, he immediately updated it. And sure enough, the browser updated and the message went away. Taehyung smiled and backed away from the computer, looking at Hoseok.

 

“And there we have a fix. All they need to do is update the browser. You could update it that way, or deleting the browser and reinstalling it will help as well,” Taehyung stated, a bright smile appearing on Hoseok’s face.

 

“Honestly, Taehyung,” one of the senior team members said, stepping up to them, “as easy as that step is, a lot of us would have never thought of that. We always look into the complicated issues, but sometimes we overlook some of the simplest.”

 

“But we could incorporate an update for the computer itself so that it will update the chrome browser without the customer having to go through that,” another senior member said. “However, the fix for the customers can be that update that you took us through. I would suggest writing down the steps on how to update the browser, as well as how to delete and reinstall the browser on these computers.”

 

“Or we could just link them into the articles we already have on how to delete and reinstall the browser,” Jimin added, causing the team members to nod. Taehyung agreed and immediately started constructing an article on how to get this issue fixed. Once Hoseok proof read it and okayed it, he sent it right up to the CEO.

 

“That was a very good thinking, Taehyung,” Hoseok said with a bright smile. “I can already tell that you’ll be a strong asset on this team.”

 

“Thanks,” Taehyung said with a small smile, blushing slightly.

 

“Simple thinking is definitely something we need on this team. That way we don’t search way into the issue just incase an easy fix can do it,” Hoseok said, patting Taehyung’s back. “Now, on that note, let’s get up. I’ll give you a tour around

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter