We're still the same

Childhood friends

 

A/N- Edited this while hearing "If our love is wrong" and somehow thought that it fits Sehun's love plot and I JUST BROKE MY OWN HEART. My feels TT. I'm so sorry Sehun TT. If you choose to listen to it while reading Sehun's part, that's on you uwu 


 

So, what are you gonna do now?” Kris asked Johnny, who had been silent for a while “I’m gonna eat lunch” he said and left Kris in the classroom “I guess that’s an option” he mumbled and left as well, but not before quickly texting someone. 

 

When he arrived at the table, Tao was as he had been the last couple of days, soulless and silent, though the silence first came when Kris sat down. Tao eyed Johnny and him weirdly, before turning back to Baekhyun, who was talking animatedly to him. He answered him with nods and occasional hums, so Kris turned to Johnny who he locked eyes with, and the other nodded towards Tao, and Kris knew what he was hinting at. Kris has to talk to Tao today, or it might be too late.

So when the school ended and everyone was leaving the building, he hurried out to find Tao, and when he spotted him walking lifeless towards a black car, he quickly grabbed his wrist and dragged him along with him, ignoring the hurtful cries Tao let out demanding Kris to let him go.

 

Please stop!” Tao cried as he tried to pry Kris's hand off, though Kris only tightened his grip “No!” he started out and turned to face him “I need to talk to you! I need to be honest with you!” he spoke, and kept walking until they reached the soccer field and settled down by the benches. Tao was crying at this point, and Kris was struck with guilt, as he knew he was the reason. He was unintentionally hurting him “I’m sorry” he muttered, watching Tao settle down on the bench, silently crying “You’re hurting because of me” He settled down besides Tao, though put space between them as he didn’t want to hurt him accidentally “I don’t want to hurt you anymore” he confessed, not looking at Tao, but staring into space, hands folded and fidgeting. Tao’s tears didn’t stop, but he wasn’t sobbing anymore, head lifted, also staring into space on the field in front of them “The guy who is picking you up these days, he’s the one you went to see at the party” 

 

Tao’s head snapped towards Kris, and he sat frozen, not knowing how to respond, but Kris did it for him “Johnny told me, well he didn’t tell me who, just that they are the same person” 

Why would he tell you that?” Tao croaked out in utter confusion and disbelief. Kris glanced at him for a moment “I’m not sure either” 

It was silent for a while as Kris didn’t know how to formulate his words, but nevertheless he spoke “I should have told you what happened at the party the first time you asked” 

I was afraid you’d hate me, but seeing how things have turned out, I should have told you” 

Johnny didn’t want to tell me either” Tao muttered, catching Kris off guard “It hurt” he continued “Both of my closest friends kept something from me and then they suddenly got closer and then I was left alone with my own thoughts spiraling into the abyss” He turned to stare at Kris with red eyes “So you better tell me what happened because it hurts. Who can I go to when those I thought would be there for me, suddenly wasn’t?” 

Is that why you kept your friendship with that guy secret from me?” Kris asked, needing confirmation “Not exactly, but he was the only one I could talk to, as I couldn’t talk to you” 

No need for you to do that anymore” Kris suddenly blurted out.

It was not what he had intended to say at all, but it fell from his mouth anyway. Tao’s eyes widened slightly as well “I won’t keep things from you anymore, I’ll answer every question you have, I won’t do this ever again, so don’t leave me anymore. I’ll be your rock again” He spoke with confidence, not a hint of hesitation or a fleeting moment of insecurities. Tao sat frozen, and he would be lying if his heart didn’t speed up and that he felt a warmth spread from his chest and throughout his body. When he nodded at Kris’ words, the latter spoke again “Johnny and I got into a fight at the party” he stared into space again, while Tao’s eyes were glued to him “That’s why I didn’t tell you” his voice was soft and calm, and Tao felt content, even if what was said shocked him “I started the fight” he continued, turning to Tao “You suddenly left, and I didn’t know where you had gone, you hadn’t told me that you would leave or where you were going” he took in a deep breath as his voice became more unstable due to the fear and nervosity that crept up “I confronted Johnny, and I caused him to blackout and left the others to deal with it” 

He turned away from Tao “That’s why everyone has been on edge around me, I lost all calm, and I was terrified of telling you, but I shouldn’t have kept it from you”

But Johnny…” 

He didn’t tell you because he wanted me to tell you, because I was at fault” He turned to him again “I’m sorry” he spoke, and looked down, “I thought you’d hate me because Johnny is your close friend, and I didn’t want to lose you, but I understand that keeping it from you did that instead” 

Nothing else happened?” Tao asked calmly, but Kris heard the slight edge to it. Tao wasn’t satisfied with that answer “Nothing else happened between us” he answered, as he recalled the night. Nothing else had happened, right? As he left Johnny, the others gathered, and Kris passed out a few moments later. What else happened? 

Tao answered that question as he asked “What about who Johnny kissed?” 

Kris’ head shot up, did he think he was the one? 

It’s not me” was all he let out, it was the truth and stating “Do you think it’s me?” sounds as though he's accusing him, and he didn’t want Tao to misunderstand any of his words “He doesn’t know who it is” Kris continued and Tao nodded “I know, but you know who?” Kris nodded “Yes, and even though I offered to let him know, he didn’t want to” 

Is this why you’ve been so close?” 

Kind of” Kris let out “That and who your friend is” Tao visibly froze, and Kris knew why “I don’t know who he is, so don’t worry” He reassured 

It’s okay if you don’t want to tell me, but don’t push me away again. Call me or come find me if the world is weighing you down” again his voice was filled with confidence, and his unwavering, and Tao felt happy, he felt comforted by the words, but it hurt as well because there were still things he couldn’t tell the other, yet he still nodded “Okay” he let out, eyes turned downwards, but suddenly he felt a weigh on his head and turned to see Kris ruffling his hair with a soft smile on his face “Okay” he spoke “Let’s grab something to eat” he offered, but which sounded more as a command and Tao couldn’t say no, so when Kris got up, he followed him. 

 

They went to their usual spot and talked about whatever came to mind, occasionally taking a BuzzFeed quiz, because why not? When it got too late, they went home and decided to hang out during the weekend, and Tao was excited, It had been a while since they’d been that comfortable with each other.

While they had a fairly great night, and even better weekend, just catching up and talking, others had worse nights.

Take Sehun. He went to the club to hang out with his friends after Tao had messaged him, canceling their plans. It was the first time for a long time that he was meeting them and when he got there, all he was met with was his friends whining about how he hadn’t hung out with them for a while, and asking about the guy who’s been taking up his time “Busy” Sehun answered as he sat down, trying to seem collected in front of the other; back straightened, expression cold, but polite “Loverboy doesn’t have time for you huh?” Minhyuk teased, and even though Sehun was answering him, his eyes were on someone else “We’re not dating” 

The other only ignored the words, too used to Sehun’s comments, and took a sip of his drink. The rest of the group didn’t seem fazed as well, not even the boyfriend of the one he had been talking to. He only slid his arm over his shoulders, staring at Sehun, before shaking his head with a snicker “What is he busy with?” Sehun took a sip of the wine he had been passed before answering “Hanging out with his crush” He put the glass down “So that’s why you’re here?” Minhyuk asked, obviously drunk already “Lonely~” Sehun rolled his eyes when Minhyuk began clinging to him “You’re not afraid the crush will take him?”

The crush is straight” Sehun shot “So no, I’m not afraid” 

Well then, maybe you should go get him then instead of hitting on-” 

Minseok” The other was interrupted by the one Sehun earlier had had his focus on. Minseok looked at his boyfriend, letting out a deep breath, not taunting Sehun anymore. He knew he would spill the same preach as always "He's just a kid, don't let him get to you"  so he turned his attention to Minhyuk who had his head on his shoulder “You know Sehun if you’re ever lonely, my door is always open” he said with a wink, to which Sehun could only roll his eyes “Maybe another time” He spoke, and began pushing the white-haired male away from him “Hyungwon please?” he gestured for the guy on the other side of Minhyuk to take him, and the nodded pulled him back and let him lean on him “Minseok is right” the doe-eyed male spoke, who had been focused on the interaction in front of him. Sehun drank his wine, and let out a sigh “Luhan” he warned the other, who didn’t stop “It’s time for you to get into a relationship” Luhan continued “And seeing as how one guy kept you from seeing us for months, maybe he’s the one” 

He’s not” Sehun shot with a glare, making Luhan sigh. He didn’t push it further after that, knowing it wouldn’t go anywhere.

After that the night proceeded as always; Minhyuk would cling to anyone who was near, causing Hyungwon to apologize to his victims and drag the male away over and over again. Luhan and Minseok left early as always to go home, while Sehun would be silent as the scenes unfolded in front of him, drinking till his head was spinning and his lower lip numb, whenever he bit onto it. 

When that happened he went home, leaving Minhyuk, Hyungwon, and the rest to have fun, as he no longer needed to be there. 

The thoughts in his heads weren’t drowned out, instead, they were a thousand times louder than before.

He passed the couch, walking towards the cabinet with alcohol, and grabbing a random bottle, drinking it as he made his way to his bedroom.

Words Minhyuk had blurted out during his high filled Sehun’s head as he let his back hit his bed “Both of the guys you like, likes someone else, it’s so sad” 

It is, isn’t it? He wanted to laugh at himself and laugh at the words Luhan had spoken as well. Who was he to tell Sehun to go after Tao? Based on what? Calling him the one? 

He stared at the ceiling, bottle lying forgotten on the floor, just thinking everything through.

Who are you to control my life?” he spoke to no one because no one was there.

Who are you to tell me who to love” he whispered, just staring at nothing. A small smile made its way to his lips as he looked at his right hand, which he held up. It was swaying, numb, but if he held it up a bit longer, it’d begin to hurt by how far he had extended it. He could feel tears pressing on as well, and he closed his eyes, letting his hand drop.

You can’t stop my feelings for you Luhan”


He was sitting at his desk, blasting music from his speaker, working on an assignment when his phone vibrated which caused him to lose focus.

Usually, he wouldn't care and just leave it, but once he saw the notification he picked it up and read the messages.

"Johnny knows what really happened"

"Taeyong told him, even if you tried to keep it from him" 

"He wants to apologize"  

"What do you wanna do?" 

"He doesn't know it's you"

The energetic music that blasted did not at all reflect what he was feeling at that moment. He hadn't thought about it for a while. What should he do?