If it's us

Childhood friends

A/N- Welcome. It's okay to scream. It's okay to yell. It's okay to be mad. I still don't know what to feel about these two chapters yet as well


"You're obsessed" 

Taeyong stood frozen and dumbfounded, staring at the other “You’re obsessed” Doyoung repeated and Taeyong let go of him and put space between them “I’m drunk” he argued “That too” Doyoung agreed, “But also obsessed”, the scoffed at him and crossing his arms yet didn’t deny it “You’re not denying it” Doyoung mocked. 

"You’re obsessed too. This proves it” Taeyong shot back at Doyoung who chuckled “I know, but you’re always around Jaehyun, you’re constantly talking about Jaehyun, thinking of Jaehyun, everything is always about Jaehyun” 

"It’s called being in love!” Taeyong shouted at Doyoung, who let out a sigh “You love him because you see him as your savior” he countered “You were in a place after you and Ten broke up, and because he helped you, you fell face first!” 

"So what ?” Taeyong let out “At least I have a heart” The other didn’t deny nor throw back a comment at him “You won’t have a heart anymore if Jaehyun crushes it” 

"He won’t, and if he does, it’s my own fault” 

Taeyong sat down on the bench “Didn’t you like him as well? Why the are you acting like this?” 

"Why do you care?” 

"Because you confuse me! I can’t tell if we’re rivals or not!” 

Doyoung stared out on the garden for a moment “We are rivals, I’m just staying suspicious of him because I don’t want to get hurt again” He saw Taeyong stare with his mouth agape “No I won’t tell you about it” 

"Just don’t trust him” 

"Do you know something I don’t?” Taeyong asked but Doyoung didn’t answer “Hey answer me” Taeyong called, but Doyoung only turned back to stare at the dark garden “Doyoung!” Taeyong’s stern voice sounded, still no answer “Doyoung answer me!”, and Doyoung was forcefully turned around by Taeyong “What are you not telling me?” 

The other stood with his cold expression again “Did something happen between you?!” when Doyoung still refused to answer Taeyong let go and began to walk inside “Where are you going?” Doyoung called out, trying to follow Taeyong “Finding the ing truth” 

"Taeyong” Doyoung called out “Taeyong!” he called again, and tried to grip the other’s arm, who easily shook his hand off “Taeyong!-” he cut himself off as the other stopped in the middle of his tracks staring at something by the top of the stairs. Taeyong’s heart began to beat loud, as his mind began making all kinds of assumptions, it couldn’t be that could it? “Taeyong?” Doyoung worriedly asked, placing a hand on his shoulder. The other turned in shock, and Doyoung looked at him concerned “Are you okay?” 

Taeyong glanced towards the stairs again “I’m okay” he started out “Just thought I saw something” He glanced at Doyoung before looking back at the stairs “Imma go take a look” but before he could leave Doyoung grabbed ahold of him “Are you sure?” he asked “I am” “Let’s just go find Jaehyun, Taeyong” but the other’s attention was not on him

"It’ll only be 2 seconds” he bargained “I just, I need to make sure” that it’s not what I think

He pulled out of Doyoung's hold and made his way towards the stairs ignoring the other’s calls for him. When he arrived at the top of the stairs, his heart was even louder than before and managed to drown out whatever Doyoung was saying. He opened the door and in that second his mouth worked faster than his mind 

"What the ?!” he yelled seeing the scene before him.

Johnny pulled away from the other, feeling his heart drop to the ground and through it. Anxiety returned in a split second as he saw the shock turn to rage on his friend’s face. The same friend who hated Johnny for what he did to the exact person he was currently ing around with. The same friend who Taeyong wanted to protect at all costs from Johnny, and who initiated this. The latter looked towards Taeyong as well, his heart stopping, and Johnny could feel him freeze, but the grip he had on his shoulders started to loosen slightly “What the are you doing?!” Taeyong yelled, storming into the room, not sparing Johnny anything but a glare, settling with ignoring him, and Johnny knew at this moment that they weren’t friends anymore. Taeyong grabbed the other’s wrist and pulled him from Johnny so hard he almost fell to the ground, still in shock of being caught “What the is wrong with you?!” he screamed at him and pulled him out of the room, leaving Johnny mid panicking, and hyperventilating as reality hit him. He stared at the door where he could see Doyoung stand by the doorframe and Kris slowly coming into sight as well.

 

"What the hell were you thinking?!” Taeyong yelled as he pulled the mask off of his friend’s face, who averted his eyes 

"Taeyong” A familiar voice spoke, but Taeyong ignored him “Why the hell would you do that?!” he continued, while his friend slumped against the wall, wanting it to swallow him “You ing idiot!”
“I tried to protect you! I tried to ing protect you and go and do this?!” 

"Taeyong stop it!” the voice from earlier sounded again, and this time a hand on Taeyong’s shoulder forced him around to face the owner, while their friend left. Jaehyun pushed Taeyong against the wall, one reason being in case Taeyong tried to go after him and the second being that he had to take care of Taeyong

"He’s an adult Taeyong it’s his own choice!” Jaehyun snapped at him “It doesn’t matter!” Taeyong yelled back “For god’s sake he’s in college! He can take care of himself!” Taeyong stayed silent, but still burning up inside, and Jaehyun continued “He doesn’t need you to protect him anymore!” 

"He’s my friend! I can’t help it!” Jaehyun stayed silent for a moment. He wanted Taeyong to see the reality as he knew Taeyong still had countless “What if’s” inside of him, but he needed to let go once and for all “Are you sure?” he spoke, pinning him between his arms, slowly leaning in closer to him. Taeyong looked at him in silence, sometimes glancing away “Are you sure you only see him as a friend?” he asked, and Taeyong knew he had to calm down, and not blurt out “Yes” even though it was mostly the truth. Jaehyun knew about it, Jaehyun knew about it all and would call bull on anything. He averted Jaehyun’s eyes, “I-” he started out, “I don’t like him like that anymore” he spoke, eyes glaring daggers at Jaehyun, “Are you sure?” Taeyong scoffed “Am I sure?” 

"I’m ing sure I don’t like him anymore!” He began to push Jaehyun away “How about you?!” he pushed him again “How can I be sure you’re not just playing huh?!” 

"I’m sure that I no longer ing like him because I like you!” He shouted “I ing like you idiot!” he yelled, continuing to push Jaehyun “But what about you!? How can I be sure you’re not just playing, turning up wearing couple costumes with ing Jungwoo!?” Taeyong hated that Jaehyun didn’t say anything or tried to defend himself “ing answer me!” he shouted, “What does it matter whether or not I still like him when you’re not clear about you-” 

Taeyong was cut off as Jaehyun pulled him by his hoodie and kissed him.

 

Tao pulled back in shock by the sudden yelling, suddenly face to face with the reality of what was about to have happened. Kris and Tao both turned to the door, then looked back at each other, and Tao could see it in his eyes, and even though he didn’t want him to go, he let him. 

The older went and opened the door just a bit and peeked out, then went back to Tao. He sat down and spoke, “Do you want to know who Johnny kissed?” 

Tao didn’t get a chance to answer Kris, as he walked back to the door, as though nothing had happened between them. 

When the yelling had left the room and there was a clear coast, the older walked towards the room, and after a short moment, Tao decided to follow, only to see Kris stand in the opening of the room and Doyoung leaving the hallway. Tao went to Kris and was about to ask what happened when he looked into the room and froze. Johnny was sitting on the bed, hands curled into his hair, and tears falling as he softly rocked back and forth “Oh god, oh god” he could hear him mumble and it didn’t take Tao long before he ran towards his friend “Johnny!” he called and the other looked at him, and the fear in Johnny’s eyes scared Tao. 

Johnny fled from his approaching friend, resulting in him falling from the bed screaming “Don’t!” while shifting between covering his face with his hands and holding them in front of him in defense. 

"Leave me!” he screamed at Tao, who didn’t know how to handle it at all. He could only focus on the other’s state; hands shaking so much even Kris could see it from his spot, sobs that painfully choked their way up through his throat “Johnny” he tried comforting as he walked around the bed towards the other, who heaved for his breath, while backing into the corner, hitting his shoulder on the nightstand as he dragged himself into the corner trying to calm down. Vomit was creeping its way up in his throat, hands shaking uncontrollably as Tao made his way towards him, cradling him in his arms, trying to help him. The other tried to push Tao away, yelling at him to stay away and leave him, but Tao didn’t. He took ahold of Johnny’s hands when he began biting them as he wanted to stop the horrible thoughts vomit out. He listened to the countless “I shouldn’t have, I shouldn’t have come” and “Oh god, I ed up. I ed up so bad” 

He held him tight when he told Tao “Please don’t hate me, please don’t leave” He wondered what had happened as he heard the other mumble about how someone hates him, and that the said person was gonna kill him. 

 

"Let’s get him outside” Kris’ voice sounded, and Tao looked up at the other who stood behind him “Please don’t hate me” Johnny mumbled again, gripping tight onto Tao’s shirt. The latter could feel Johnny’s nails dig into his skin but he didn’t mind. Johnny needed something to support him and keep him grounded, and if that’s what clinging onto Tao did, digging his nails deep into his skin just to make sure he’s really there, he didn’t mind. He couldn’t bring himself to get Johnny outside. He had never seen him so vulnerable “I can’t move him” Tao spoke “I don’t want to” 

"Can’t we just wait till he calms down?” He asked, looking up at Kris’ disapproving expression “It’s better for him to get some air, okay? I’ll help you get him down” 

"I can’t” Johnny spoke up, looking at them both “They are down there” he elaborated “I can’t” 

Tao looked at Kris for answers, but all he got was a look that said “I’ll explain later” 

They then tried to get Johnny down the stairs, who kept being paranoid that “They” will see him. Tao still didn’t know who they were but knew that Johnny might talk to him about it someday.   

 

On ground level Lucas and Jungwoo had been standing, observing the chaos; Taeyong yelling at a certain someone, then fighting with Jaehyun which led them to kiss, which Doyoung saw, and who then took a bottle from the kitchen table and left for the game room. Baekhyun was slumped on the kitchen chair singing some kind of song. Hyuck was walking away from Mark outside the house, for whatever reason, which looked quite intense in Jungwoo’s opinion as Mark yelled for the other, while Johnny was being helped down the stairs by Tao and Kris who didn’t even acknowledge anyone.

"I don’t think you should host anymore parties” Jungwoo who had been snacking on popcorn spoke, putting a hand on Lucas’ shoulder while flipping his long wig with the other. Lucas stood frozen, looking at the chaos his house was in and the chaos his friends were in. He glanced at Jungwoo shortly, then decided to end himself the worst way possible. He poured a few tequila shots, while Jungwoo only stared with wide eyes, then downed them hoping he wouldn’t remember anything.

 

"Hyung, what are you doing out here?” A voice spoke and Doyoung took the bottle away from his mouth to turn and see Jeno walk towards him “Oh Jeno, what are you still doing here?” He glanced behind the teen “And where’s Jaemin? I thought you went together” Jeno went to Doyoung “We did, Nana left earlier” 

"And you’re not worried?” Jeno shrugged “Nahh. He’s a good guy, so I’m not” Doyoung ruffles his hair “Okay then. Just wanted to make sure” 

"Hyung, it’s going well. We even went as Kingsman together” Doyoung couldn’t help but smile at the younger who smiled automatically when he talked about Jaemin “That’s good” he commented, “So why are you out here?” Jeno asked again, and Doyoung sighed and took a sip of the vodka “Jaehyun” he spoke and the younger’s face faltered “Oh” 

"Yup” Doyoung agreed "Oh" and took another swig 


 


"Thank you for doing this, but please, please stop" 
The other turned to face him, "What?" he asked in confusion. The first one let out a sigh

"I'm already fine, so please stop trying to interfere. Please stop looking for justice on my behalf" 

"What do you mean? You don't want to get justice? You don't want to- you don't want to?" 

"I did, but not anymore. I'm happy now. You know that, so please stop doing this for me. Don't do it for yourself either" 

"I'm not" 

A hand landed on the other's shoulder, and he turned to see a smile on the first's face. 

"Good"