Distractions

Childhood friends

A/N- Happy new year! I guess I meant it when it would be the last update of the year I meant it. I guess it’s the 1st some places. It’s still the 31rd here. Anyway, enjoy


“What?!” Tao let out, not believing his own ears. He looked at Johnny who just threw a “What’s there to worry about?” look at him “Are you serious?” Tao almost yelled at him. It sounded so idiotic he smiled, but Johnny’s face just looked as serious as before, no “Prank!” leaving his mouth with a laugh.

Johnny nodded “Yeah, I am,” he said totally calm, as he hadn’t just come with the most idiotic idea Tao had ever heard.

 

-At least that’s what Tao had thought a week ago back at the park watching the sunset together with Johnny- but right now he had actually said “yes” to the offer that Johnny had given him- he still didn’t know how Johnny had gotten it or anything, all he knew is that he was scared and nervous of being caught- until a minute ago.

 

His head was starting to feel light as he sat in his bedroom together with Johnny, though the latter was going since Tao and his father are supposed to leave for the gala in 10 minutes, and Tao… Tao is relaxed, and he doesn’t notice he’s forgetting to blink before Johnny reminds him “you’ve gotta act normal”, and therefore “Blink my dude” Johnny let out, winking, and leaving Tao’s house.

 

He doesn’t remember why he had said no to it to begin with, it seemed nice enough to finally relax not being afraid he’ll disappoint his father. He should ask Johnny where he got it, seems like a good idea to do more often. Actually to do with Johnny.

 

He laid himself back onto his bed, letting out a deep breath that turned into a fiery dragon soaring through the sky made of water- which made no sense- but it was quite beautiful. It suddenly sped up and suddenly exploded into a million cherry blossom leafs-

 

“-Are you ready to leave?” Tao’s father asks, his whole body standing in the doorway. The dragon was suddenly gone, but he could have sworn he saw a small fire in the corner of his eyes flowing around “Yeah” Tao says after a minute of silence, standing up hastily and remembering to put his phone in his pocket, as he was leaving his room “So tonight is just a small gathering, a party for us and our business partners…” His father starts rambling as they make their way to the car that’s waiting for them. Tao doesn’t hear half percent- maybe 90% of what his father is saying, and really, it doesn’t bother him; he’s just focusing on the cars and their shining lights that somehow reminds him of Christmas light, though they’re only in September and the sky is still light- “Tao are you listening?” his father breaks his thoughts and Tao turns to his father, lost for words, because no, he didn’t listen “You said something about the gala is for us and our business partners, and I’m supposed to meet your old friend Mr. Oh Hyeongso and his son Oh Sehun?” He remembers the last part from the night before where his father had told him to be well behaved in front of the Oh’s because they’d be his future partners and so on.

 

His father let out a sigh and Tao thought maybe he was correct? That’s what he said right? Right?

His fingers were pressing the bridge of his nose, and that was not the sign of victory and Tao felt the smile that earlier had made its way onto his face, falter.

“That’s the main point, but you’re also meeting the daughter of the Son household, Son Seungwan”

“Son Seungwan” Tao repeated “A girl?”

“Yes Tao a girl” Tao nodded and looked outside, wondering why he was meeting a girl “Am I like meeting her because we are arranged or something?” he asked just as they had arrived outside the building “Yes” is all his father said before stepping out of the car, Tao doing the same.

“A small gathering,” my Tao thought as he stepped inside the building behind his father. The room or reception-hall-whatever- was filled with people in suits and expensive gowns, just like his father and himself. He felt himself be distracted by the chandeliers and jewelry shining around the room as he followed the broad man.

“Tao” he said, and the boy noticed that he was standing in front of a man, around his father’s age and a girl around his own. She must be Seungmin- no Seunghwan- Seungwan! She pretty no question, but it wasn’t someone he’d date let alone the fact that she was a girl “This is Son Seungwan” his father, and the latter and Tao bowed slightly “Hey- Hello” Tao blurted, forgetting he had to be formal, the girl just smiled, but he saw his fathers expression stiffen as he made eye contact with him.

 

Half an hour later and Tao was being pushed towards two other human beings, noted to be Mr. Oh, a tall and broad man with a cold expression, that is, until Tao’s father comes and the men hug. The exchange was unfamiliar as Tao had only seen his father bow or shake hands with any of the people in here.

He looked away from the two and was immediately met with the eyes of Mr. Ohs son, Sehun, who was indeed a good looking guy, if not the most gorgeous being Tao has seen in a while. He might as well have wings on his back and a halo- oh! He does! A pair of wings appeared behind on his back, and his hair seemed like stardust, or like a commercial for hair! He had strong brows, he was tall and broad just like his father and a sharp jawline “Tao, this is my old friend Oh Hyeongso and his son Sehun” his father said with a smile, and Tao bowed at the two “Nice to meet you” he said slowly, still overwhelmed by Sehun’s being. He is an angel- right? But still, no fiery dragon as Tao had fallen for.

The other boy bowed slightly in response “We expect you two to keep the alliance when you take over the companies” Oh Hyeongso spoke, giving Tao’s father a fond smile, which he returned, and Tao realized at that moment, that he’d never seen such a look on his father. He didn’t think much about it, as the two men left the boys alone. Had it not been for the weed that intoxicated Tao, he would have felt the awkward air, but he didn’t. He hadn’t even noticed that Sehun had come to his side before the said boy cleared his throat, which made Tao turn to face him “Your eyes”, he motioned to his own eyes “They are a bit red” his cold gaze never changed and it took some time for Tao to understand what he meant, and the wings unfolded and showed golden cherry blossoms, storming around, illuminating light around Sehun's proud body. his eyes caught Sehun's “” he let out and blinked rapidly “What are you on?” the guy- Sehun suddenly asked him, and Tao felt himself slightly freeze, but ease up again “Nothing nothing” he said and watched as Sehun’s right brow raised “Are you sure? You space out quite a bit- want something to eat?” he asked, “Yeah actually” Tao blurted out, he was actually quite hungry now that Sehun mentioned “Follow me” the broad-shouldered guy let out before they started moving away from their spot. Tao thought this guy was weird, like cold guy and then he asks if Tao is hungry, he shrugged and followed him, and failed to see the smirk that formed on Sehun’s lips as he heard his footsteps follow him

 

“What troubles a young guy like you- except living a life that isn’t yours” he suddenly let out and Tao felt himself freeze up “Excuse me?” he let out, and Sehun gave him a smirk in return. He hadn’t noticed before where they had gone, but the food is the other way “Come” Sehun said and pointed towards the exit- the exit? “The food is the other way Sehun” Tao said and pointed to the other side of the hall “I know, but there’s food at my place too, unless you wanna be here, talking to middle-aged men and women, and the girl you have to marry in the future that you don’t even love”

“Same” Tao blurted out because of Sehun who basically described his life…. somehow… correctly?

“It should be me who should say that” Sehun answered back “Why?” Tao asked, wasn’t Sehun like happy with his life? He seemed fine, but Tao did just meet him 5 minutes ago. Isn’t Sehun friends with Luhan?!? What a good life that must be “Well… we are more alike than you think” Sehun spoke so smoothly, and deep that Tao could feel shivers going down his back “Anyway, follow me if you wanna live your life” he spoke, and maybe Tao should have known by then, that this would lead to so many problems and confrontations, but that was just a small payment for the fun and freedom he’d get. Wasn’t it? But right now, he didn’t think about that. Actually, it didn’t even cross his mind, but-

“Don’t you think the moon looks like a tortilla?” Did cross his mind. Sehun threw the lanky boy a disgusted look and turned to walk further down the street.

They were walking, late at night, in the Gangnam district making their way towards what Sehun had mentioned was his own apartment. The light breeze felt good as it ran through his hair and he took in a deep breath

“I guess it does?” Sehun replied him “I can order food when we get to my place, just hurry up” the boy spoke and Tao let out a disapproving huff, “Chill Sehun, we’ll make it to your apartment, let’s just appreciate the city” And Sehun rolled his eyes at Tao “Yeah okay fine” Sehun said after moments of debating with himself whether or not it would affect his plans. He let himself come to a stop, waiting for Tao to stand beside him. But the said boy took his time to look around at the ads, even if they were for nothing particular or interesting. “Tao” the broad boy spoke as Tao ogled an ad from Chanel with a, quite handsome male model “Tao!” he let out again and the said boy finally turned around “Do you want to be seen or not?!”

“Uhm” Tao said and looked around, Sure the streets were still filled with people and Tao was kind of standing out “oh yeah” he let out and went to Sehun “He was hot-sorry” he let out and pointed back towards the poster, and Sehun studied the poster a little bit more than before “I know him, if you wanna bone, I can introduce you two” Sehun said “Wh-what?!? You know him??”

“Yeah- whatever let’s go” he said, and started walking once again, Tao right behind him.

“You~” Tao started out “I?” Sehun questioned, he was getting real tired of this stoned as guy! He just wanted to get home! “You had angel wings earlier- but-“

“But what?!” Tao scuffed at Sehun’s reaction to which he rolled his eyes in return  “Well now you’ve got like horns”

“Horns? Angel wings? You are stoned man” Sehun said and shook his head, “but what suited me the best?” And Tao thought for a moment “Well the wings made you look gorgeous, but the horns- that’s y!”

“You don’t say” Sehun let out “Come, this way” Sehun said and motioned to the staircase to his right side.

It was glamorous and Tao knew immediately that it was a penthouse and not just an apartment. They walked inside the building and Tao saw the cherry blossoms float around the ceiling and the walls, before forming a line and floating around Sehun’s body, a hurricane of pink contrasting the black suit “Sehun, I’m still hungry”

“I know, let’s just get to my apartment first okay?”

“Cool”


 

“Want anything to drink?” Sehun asked as he stood by the bar, while Tao was sitting on his couch, loosening his tie that had been awfully tight the whole night “What’s there to drink?” Tao asked and watched as the dragon appeared in front of him again, it’s fiery skin illuminating a faint gold color.

This time it didn’t float around the room, but flew as like it seeked an exit, a desperate try to get away “What’s wrong dragon?” Tao whispered, to which Sehun stared at him confused as he came close with two drinks in his hands “What’s with the dragon?” He asked “It’s scared I think”

“Scared?”

“Yeah, it’s looking for an escape- oh!” Tao suddenly let out, eyes wider than before “It’s become petals again”

Sehun almost gave up on Tao but decided to keep trying “Tao drink this” He said and handed the glass to Tao “Alcohol?” Tao asked, staring into the dark liquid “Whiskey” Sehun spoke, drinking it, giving Tao a good view of his jaw and throat “Ho-how’d you get that?”

“Privileges of being rich” he answered with a smirk. He placed the glass onto the coffee table, and locked eyes with Tao “I take it you’ve never drunk alcohol before”

“Well I’m a minor” Tao said “So what?” Sehun replied and gave another smirk “Right” Tao said and emptied the glass. He felt chill and free, though the liquid burnt in his throat like hell.

 

Sehun suddenly moved closer to Tao, discarding his loosened tie, and moved his hand around Tao’s neck. His eyes roamed his jawline, and he moved his hand to Tao’s shirt, while the said boy was not following what was happening “Se-Sehun?” His shaky voice let out “What?” He let out in deep husky voice, too caught up in opening Tao’s shirt to see his face “What are you doing?” Tao let out, his eyes roaming his own visible chest “What?” He said, and leaned back against the couch “Do you really think you’re the only gay here?” His eyes displayed a hungry look that Tao hadn’t seen before and lips formed a dangerous tempting smirk and Tao, well Tao he was a tiny bit, and confused, very confused.

“Sehun?” He questioned again eyeing the guy in front of him “Tao you’re so slow. I’m like you. Gay, rich, supposed to take over the family business” he spoke

“Are we- are we gonna?” Tao started and sunk a lump in his throat “Gonna what?” Sehun asked, his hand moving up Tao’s thigh, the latters breath hitched in his throat and he felt himself panic under Sehun’s touch “Sehun- I’ve- I’ve got someone I like” he said, and moved Sehun’s hand from his thigh, but this only caused the latter to move himself onto Tao’s lap “So what?” He said moving in close to Tao’s face, his hands around Tao’s neck “So do I” Sehun leaned in centimeters from Tao’s “You’ve never been kissed right?” Tao’s face turned red as he shook his head “N-no” he answered and watched as Sehun’s lips turned into a smirk again “You look like the Devil” Tao spoke eyes locking onto Sehuns’ “I hear that a lot” he whispered and closed the distance between them. Sehun’s lips were soft and skilled while Tao’s tried to follow Sehun’s with the lack of experience.

“Let’s escape our future together” Sehun spoke against Tao’s lips “Let’s find comfort in each other” he spoke again.

Tao was a bit weirded out, but the whiskey agreed with Sehun “Yeah. Let’s do that” he answered and kissed Sehun.

After that it went quickly, Sehun terrorized Tao’s neck, his mouth trailing over his skinny body, leaving marks on the pale skin.

Tao doesn’t remember how or when it happened, but he remembers looking up at Sehun’s face and feel loved, and wrong, but loved. It felt wrong because it wasn’t Kris, but he felt loved with Sehun. He understood him, he understood what it felt like to be him.

 

He woke up in a big white bed, looking out the window, which caused his eyes to hurt like hell because of the whiskey from yesterday. He spotted the flask on the nightstand, half empty and the lube that Sehun had used. He felt his face heat up so he turned around and came face to face with Sehun, who were awake. He looked rather soft, his eyes were no longer cold, but there was still a lack of emotion in them. The sun shone into his brown eyes and Tao could feel himself fall into them “You’re pretty Sehun” he spoke and placed him hand onto his cheek “So are you” A soft voice spoke back to him, his movement copying his as a soft hand laid upon his cheek, and Tao adored it.

What are we?” Tao asked searching for an answer in Sehun’s eyes, but the boy just gave him a smile.

 

“Distractions" 


"I no longer need to pine for him”

“What?!”

“I found someone who’d do it with me, and he’s great”

“Really?”

“Yeah, it was a weird experience, really, but I can start moving on- somehow”

“Glad to hear that”