Dreams and beef

Childhood friends

Kris' eyes were wide open, his heart rate was slowly decreasing again. The sweat clung to his shirt as he laid awake in the middle of the night "" he whispered as he calmed his breath, hands still shaking. What was that?




"Holy Kris you look bad!" Kris rolled his eyes at Baekhyun's exclamation "Shut up Bacon!" He shot at him and continued his way down the hallway, in a hurried manner. He was not up for small talk right now. The dream had kept him awake for hours, where he tried to make sense of it, He's had his share of weird dreams; wet dreams, nightmares, dreams where he's a dragon or a woman. But this dream. This ing dream was different from all of that 

"Someone's in a bad mood today!" Baekhyun said with a grin "Bad dream?" Kris rolled his eyes again and made his way inside the classroom "Don't ignore me, Kris, I'm sorry okay?"
"Whatever," he said and sat down, Baekhyun standing at his desk "But seriously, have you talked to Johnny yet?" he asked in a serious manner


Kris yawned "Nope, not yet, and would you please go away? I wanna sleep before class starts" He said and placed his head on his arms and closed his eyes "Sweet dreams Krissy" Kris rolled his eyes, before dozing off.
"Mr. Wu!" A voice sounded, but Kris didn't answer and kept sleeping "Mr. Wu!" Kris changed his position a bit, waking up "5 more minutes" He started to hear snickering but shrugged it off.

 A loud bang made him shoot right up and he almost fell backward on his chair but gained his balance before it fell completely. He looked up and into the eyes of his teacher who then yelled: "Get out!" 
The whole class laughed as Kris went out of the door with his tail between his legs.

In the hallway, Johnny stood leaning against the wall in front of his class, a few meters from Kris. He had turned his head towards Kris as he heard the door open.

The glare that he sent towards Kris made the latter want to laugh. But Instead of doing that, he leaned up against the wall with a smirk locking eyes with Johnny "So are we gonna talk about whatever that's going on between us or are you gonna keep glaring at me?" Johnny huffed and turned his head away from him, making Kris chuckle 

"I guess neither options then" Kris turned from Johnny "Well it's like you said, the hate that comes from jealousy only leads to your own pain-" His sentence was cut by Johnny's hand around his neck, with eyes glaring into his soul, but Kris could see the nervousness in his eyes, and hear it as he spoke: "How much did you hear?!" and Kris chuckled "Watch out with that stare. Do you want me to die? Oh wait yeah that's right, you do want me dead" Kris smirked, knowing his comment would trigger him. Why was he so mad at Johnny though?

The hand around his neck went up to below his jawline and tightened just slightly "What did you hear?!" He muttered again, in an angry voice "Well everything- you should be happy I stepped in at the moment I did" Kris said and expected the other to be grateful, but Johnny's eyes were dark and could glare a hole through him, but he wasn't scared at all. He knew Johnny didn't have the guts to do anything "Happy?" he continued
"I protected your secret, you're welcome"
To Kris' surprise, the other's expression changed, and he started to laugh.


"I'm sorry," he said and locked eyes with Kris, his hand gone from his neck "What did you say?" He had a grin on his face, that started to make Kris slightly uncomfortable. Hadn't he figured out what kind of person Johnny was? "You" he pointed to Kris, "protected MY secret?" he said while shifting his finger back to himself. He started laughing again.

"Kris. You're a fool" He said, with a smile "I didn't need protection, you know that" He placed his hands in his pockets "But you on the other hand" Johnny started out, pointing at Kris "You needed to pretend that you weren't hurting him and were actually doing something good" Kris' eyes widen and his breath hitched in his throat, while Johnny just looked at him with a cocky expression "Yo-you, what are you saying?"

"I'm saying that I know, you know what would happen if I told him you were the one I hated" Kris stood still with a dry mouth. He thought he would have Johhny cornered "Or am I saying pure nonsense?" Kris stood frozen, not answering, making Johnny speak: "Thought so. Well with that, there's no reason to go further, we both know what I'm gonna say anyway" The bell rang and students started piling out of their classes and Johnny started to walk away, but stopped and turned around "One last thing. You can't protect yourself forever Kris, 'cause it's him who pays the price for it isn't it?" With that, he disappeared into the crowd and Kris moved away from the wall and went the opposite way.

"So? Talked to Johnny?" Baekhyun asked, on their way to soccer practice. Kris let out a sigh and tried to figure out what the hell he did wrong. Why couldn't he figure out Johnny? "Yeah, so don't worry Baek"

"Huh. Hope so" Kris gave Baekhyun a confused look "What is that supposed to mean?" Baekhyun shrugged lightly "Nothing" but Kris didn't believe him. He said it with a high pitched voice and his face had an "I'm innocent" expression, but deciding he had had enough drama for today, he let it go. He really just wanted to have Tao back.

"Hey guys" Kai started out in the locker room before practice, standing on one of the benches "I have something to tell you.. all" He looked around the locker room, on everyone. Sicheng, Baekhyun, Taeyong, Kris, all of them "This will be my last soccer practice. I'm not going to join the soccer club again. I'm changing to dancing instead" the room went silent by his words "Wh-what? Why?" Baekhyun asked stepping closer to the bench "It's just that... I've always loved dancing, but haven't really been honest towards myself" he said with a shy smile 

"We sure are gonna miss you," Kris said "It was a pleasure playing with you" Kris winked at Kai and gave him a smile. He was gonna miss that guy.

"Thank you, Kris"

"Let's make it a blast okay?" Kris said and held a fist towards Kai "Yeah" he answered and gave him a fist bump.

 


"Why don't you come to help me in my shop?" She asked, but Tao just stayed in his bed in the dark room ignoring her words. She let out a sigh at the view of the other staring blankly into the air. It wasn't fair how everything led to this point, and that the parents didn't do anything to prevent it from happening, but let it happen, and just let him deal with it himself.

She despised them.