Slice of life

Childhood friends

 

 

A/N- Yes, hello, good evening and so on! Welcome back! I know it's been some time, and I know that , but well I've started seeing this as something I'm writing when I have nothing to do like just to keep writing, so I can become better and stuff, and I really don't want to put it on hiatus, so I'm just gonna upload whenever I feel like it. I hope that you'll still read on though! :D 


He pulled off Tao’s shirt and Tao felt the cold wrap around him for a second before the hands roamed his chest, and just slightly touched his s, causing him to whimper beneath the boy.

His gaze made Tao’s ears burn hot, as they roamed him; Starting at his eyes, the lingering feeling that made his breath hitch, and then the eyes slowly moved down, and up again.

They looked directly into his eyes, and the lust that was there suddenly turned into something soft; love maybe Tao thought. But he didn’t know for sure.

He hadn’t said anything. Yet.

His hands grabbed Tao’s hips as he leaned down and locked lips with him. Tao’s heart sped up, as the other bit his bottom lip, and he opened his mouth and let the other’s tongue make its way inside.

It didn’t feel like lust, but that’s what it was right? 

Tao let his hands tug onto the other’s hair as he trailed kisses down his throat and collarbones.

It didn’t feel like lust.

He whimpered as the other made his way inside him, and he couldn’t help the tears that left his eyes, as the pain made its way through him, mixing well with the overwhelming pleasure, and he couldn’t help the name that left his lips as he reached his

"Sehun”

  •  
  •  

"How do you know they’re dating?” Kris asked again and Tao turned his face away from Kris “I-I” he stuttered. The sound of his heart echoed in his head, and he started to feel anxious; he could feel the cold sweat gathering and the color leaving his face, “Tao” Kris’ stern voice sounded, and Tao felt the anxiety rise further up inside of him, and he shortly glanced at the other, before avoiding his gaze again.

Breathe in, breathe out Tao thought to himself.

His heart kept beating faster and faster as he looked at Kris “I-I… I just know” he tried to reason, but his throat closed itself up and trapped the words inside him.

The other looked at him with eyes filled with disappointment and… sorrow? Sorrow? Tao questioned.

"You just… know?” Kris questioned again, but this time with a voice with doubt, and disappointment lingering in it. The other glanced shortly and nodded his head as he bit his bottom lip.

"I don’t believe you Tao” The other spoke with his voice turned stern, and almost harsh. It made Tao’s heart stop, and the anxiety inside him arose as he spoke in a deep voice, with eyes that pierced through him

"I think you’re hiding something from me, and I don’t like that you’re keeping me in the dark” It made Tao’s heart stop, and it beat so loud it made him deaf “I-I” he started out but the words wouldn’t come out “Tao-”

"I..I’m” he tried again, but the tears started pooling in his eyes, and Kris’ gaze made him wanna puke, “Tao” and he couldn’t take it anymore “I-I’ve go-gotta..” He started out and got slowly up from the bed, away from Kris “Tao” he heard again, concern filling the voice that spoke. He couldn’t look at him, he was too scared to do so, but for a moment he did, and in that second he managed to throw up a sentence “I’ve gotta go” he spoke as he ran out of the room with his bag, and ignored the yells that once again from Kris’ mouth.

  •  
  •  

Why did you come here so early Tao?” Sehun asked as he sat up in his bed. He looked down at the other who had a sorrowful look on his face, his tan skin contrasting the white sheets, and his black bangs looking like a beautiful mess. His face changed into a gleeful smile when Sehun had spoken, but he didn’t believe it to be gleeful “You asked me to come didn’t you?” he spoke with the smile still visible, and his eyes turned into crescent moons, and even though Sehun saw right through him, he let it slide, Why?

He let a smile erupt on his own face, as he went to ruffle Tao’s hair “I guess I did” he let out with a sigh. What was he gonna do with him?

  •  
  •  

"What are we gonna do with Mark?” Taeyong asked Haechan quietly as the younger came to their table in the canteen. The younger looked around with a cold face, but Taeyong could see the worry in his eyes “I don’t know to be honest” he said and let his facade drop “He..” he tried to start out “I… We…” he shook his head when he realized that the words wouldn’t come out correctly “Just leave him be” He spoke and left Taeyong, with a worried mind.

It's Thursday, two days after Mark’s stupid behavior on the field. Tao tried to make the younger see clear yesterday, but the other didn’t even want to be near him and even ignored him as Tao yelled at him to “ing man up Mark! You’re ruining the ing team!”

"Hey” Yuta spoke and Taeyong got pulled out of his thought. Yuta sat down beside Taeyong,  with Sicheng sitting down opposite of him “What’s up” Taeyong spoke softly, and tried to conceal his concern, but the knowing glance between Yuta and Sicheng told him different “Mark is still… unreachable?” Yuta asked, and Taeyong nodded slowly, his eyes closing as he gave up “I don’t know what to do” Taeyong spoke “Tao’s stressed because of Mark because Mark is Tao’s responsibility as the captain, but he can’t even reach him” he voiced, and the couple could he hear his voice break.

He and Mark had had a long story together, and for him to ignore him like, it must hurt. It must hurt knowing that even though they’d been friends for so long, and knew almost everything and accepted everything, that something like this could break that bond.

 

"Hey” a new voice spoke. They turned around to see Tao sitting down in front of Taeyong, placing himself at the end of their table, far away from Kris. They didn’t want to question it, but then again they did.

The two of them were always together, but ever since he got closer to the others, closer to Johnny, they were rarely together.

It was as if Tao tried to embrace and change another part of him, and for that to happen, he had to let go of Kris.

They didn’t mind that, but they didn’t want to be the reason if Kris and Tao ever stopped being friends altogether.

Speaking of a certain Chinese student.

Kris had placed himself by Baekhyun’s side who was sitting beside Yuta. He looked over to see Mark engaging in a conversation with Yukhei and Doyoung. He noticed how Mark had placed himself between the two instead of having placed himself next to Baekhyun, the seat he is currently in. Yukhei was sitting next to Sicheng, and Doyoung at the end of the table. He wanted to question the way he had placed himself at the table, and why he had ignored the seat beside of Baekhyun and placed himself by the newcomers.

 

He wanted to ask him why, but why what? He didn’t know anything. He was kept in the dark and ignored by Tao, one of the most important people in his life. Why? Was it because he asked about Yuta and Sicheng?

He glanced over at Tao shortly to see him in a conversation with Taeyong, and Johnny who had dragged a chair to the end of the table.

He rolled his eyes because of course, Johnny would do something like that, why hadn’t he done that? He tried to ignore the burning feeling inside him and looked back at Mark, only to see him staring with an emotionless, cold face.

The face scared and worried Kris, as the Canadian rarely ever showed such a dark emotion.

He followed his eyes and saw him glaring at… Taeyong?!

 

Kris believed it was time to figure out what the hell was going on between Mark and the others. He already knew about Taeyong and his previous… engagement with... Ten… and if that was the cause, then he had to speak to him.

 

But when Kris snapped out of his thoughts he noticed that Mark was gone. He looked around the table, confused as to how he was suddenly gone and saw that Johnny’s seat was also empty, he also noted how Tao and Taeyong shared a worried glance.

 

Tao was talking to Taeyong, and the others, when they all heard the deafening sound of a chair scraping against the floor.

They and some other students in the canteen turned to see Kris stand up and walk out in hurried steps and fists clenched.

"What’s up with him?” Taeyong questioned, and Tao shrugged his shoulders “I don’t know” he said and ignored how Taeyong stared at him “What?” he asked when it became too much “Shouldn’t you know what’s going on though? You’re his best friend after all”

"Best friend” Tao muttered and Taeyong could see how his expression darkened, maybe he shouldn’t have said that after all.

"So anyway, are we still having that party tomorrow after the game?” Tao suddenly blurted out, ignoring the concerned expression on Taeyong’s face, as if he knew how he locked his feelings away and ignored them, pretended they didn’t even exist.

At Tao's question Doyoung scoffed, he still wasn’t a fan of the idea, but had said he’d come because of the “Team spirit”

"Oh yeah!” Yukhei answered back “I’ve already been in contact with the dance club, and the music club and most of them are planning on coming” He let out a small chuckle, with a smirk, and locking eyes with Taeyong before saying “Jaehyun looked especially excited when I told him,” He said, and everyone noticed how Taeyong flushed at Lucas' words and placed a hand to cover his mouth “Someone’s got a crush~” Yuta teased Taeyong with a laugh “And it seems like that crush likes you too~” Sicheng continued, and the couple high-fived, and laughed.

God they were cute Tao kept thinking, and if anyone said different he will personally fight them

"Hey, where are the others? The break is almost over” Baekhyun questioned, and the others shrugged, except Doyoung who said “Johnny, told Mark he had to talk to him, so maybe they already left and forgot us”

"Might be” Baekhyun let out. 

 

But whatever they talked about, the others didn’t know, except three. One who heard it, and two who knew what they’d talk about. Tao’s brows furrowed in worry, and it didn’t go unnoticed by Taeyong “Tao, what’s up?” he asked as they walked through the hallway

"Johnny.. is talking to Mark right now right?”

"Yeah? What about it?” Taeyong asked, and turned to the other who stopped walking, his brows tensing even more, and his face expressing confusion and worry “Kris told me, he'd talk to Mark”

"What, what do you mean?” Taeyong questioned, “I fear, I fear he might have gone after them...” Taeyong sunk a lump in his throat, and Tao felt his own close "Are- are you sure" The other nodded "Pretty sure" 

"We've gotta go then" 

"NO! No" Tao blurted, surprising Taeyong, he shook his head "Let's not, okay?" 

"What's going on Tao?" 


Why did he always find himself in situations like this? Always hearing others conversations, it's not like he wanted to, really it wasn't. Why did Johnny also have to grab him first! 

"Mark please talk to them" He heard a voice talk in English "Johnny this has nothing to do with you!" the other spoke, he hid behind the wall and listened further, god he couldn't be more grateful for knowing English right now

"Well, it does! Because we're your friends, and it hurts that you can't accept us! What's so wrong with it? You've accepted Haechan-"

"Don't bring him into this!" 

"Why? It's not like it's any different! It's not like you actually li- holy !" 

"Don't Johnny! Don't say anything" A shaky voice spoke

"I-I won't"