Defeat

Childhood friends

He watched as Tao's small figure disappeared into the night

Kris felt defeated. His mission failed, he wasn't able to talk to him and now he's gone. He always tries to make him talk him about his problems, but it doesn't seem to work. Sooner or later he'll have to talk.

He looked upon the ceiling and let out a sigh. Why couldn't he just make him stay? 

He got up and walked to school, and met up with Kai at the entrance "What's gotten you in a bad mood this morning?" Kai asked as he saw the dark cloud over Kris' head.

"Tao," the other said, and Kai looked at him confused for a moment "What about him?" 

"He left" Kris let out with a sigh "Oh" Kai responded "Oh" he whispered "That ?" he said but it sounded more like a statement he needed confirmation on. 

"Yep," Kris answered. He looked up and saw that they were already at his class, so he bid Kai goodbye and went inside. Even though he and Tao weren't in the same class, he couldn't help but feel as though he was missing.

They always walked to school just the two of them, always left practice together. They did almost everything together, they shared everything together, so why did it feel like Tao was distancing himself from Kris?

For a long time, Tao has been tense around him, and he doesn't like, not one bit and wishes that Tao would at least just give him a hint as to why he's doing it.
With a sigh, he sits down in his seat 

"Morning Kris~" He looks up at her and then lets out a sigh. Maybe she's the reason? "Somi, you should be in your class, it's about to start," he says, and takes out his book to indicate, that she should leave
"What? Can't I visit you before the class start?" she asks instead and she starts leaning on his table
"Actually, no not anymore" he starts out and stops to make eye contact with her "Let's break up," he says, and opens his book, trying to ignore how the class suddenly stopped to focus on them

 The look on her face transforms from glee to the utmost despair, and maybe Kris feels a bit guilty, but enough to be sorry "Wh-what?" she asks and Kris can see the way her tears threaten to fall "Yeah" He says as though he's rethinking it "Let's break up" he says again, and Somi stomps out of the class, embarrassed to point where she starts to run. 

"Wasn't that a bit harsh?" a voice suddenly asks with a laugh and Kris does nothing but to roll his eyes and answer "Shut up Baekhyun" the said boy let out a laugh and comes up to Kris' desk and leans on the desk in front of it. 

"You know I'm joking, she wasn't even that sweet" Baekhyun answers

"That fight between her and Tao" he starts out "Really uncalled for" he finishes with a shake of his head "Speaking of Tao, I feel like I haven't seen him this morning" 

"Gone" Kris lets out "I see" baekhyun replies. The boy walks back to his seat, as the teacher walks inside the room, and Kris can't even concentrate, as he keeps analyzing the conflict with Tao in his head.

"Hey, care to join for some soccer?" Baekhyun asked Kris as their lunch break rolled around, and the other nodded before walking outside with him.

 
When they got outside and met up with others, Kris couldn't help being confused by Johnny who glared at him. He leaned closer to Baekhyun as they made their way to the middle of the field "What's with Johnny today?" He asked, Baekhyun looked over at Johnny and shrugged "I don't know"
"Haven't those two been quite close for the time being?" Baekhyun asked "Who?"
"Tao and Johnny" 

Kris let out a breath "I guess"

"Well let's get started" Taeyong said as they were all gathered. Kris looked around and felt someone was missing, besides Tao "Wait. Where's Kai?" He asked "Who knows" Baekhyun answered shrugging "Let's just begin"

They played for the whole break, neither team scoring, they were the best ones in their school, so it's expected.
Once Kris was about to score, he suddenly fell, and landed on his back "" He groaned as he opened his eyes and saw the reason to why he fell.
Johnny.
He looked into Johnny's eyes that were filled with hate. Kris started laughing at him slightly, making the others think that it was a prank that Johnny did 

"You're such a liar Johnny" Kris spoke in a venomous voice, but Johnny started walking away without answering, and Kris sat up "Lying is bad Johnny" and at that the other turned around with a smug grin "Ditto Kris" The others looked as he went away "Aish! What's with him?" Baekhyun said, hands placed on his hips. Kris let out a sigh "That's what I'm asking" he said as he got up "it's so weird"
"yeah, no," Baekhyun said and patted him on the shoulder, "I think you have a serious beef with Johnny" Kris turned to Baekhyun with a confused look, "I think it's him who has a beef with me"
"Probably, just get it under control, and don't bring us into it"

"I'll try my best" He gave Baekhyun a smile before walking away "I'll make sure it only stays between us" he mumbled, eyes shooting a glare into the air.

 


"What are you doing up here?" She asked as she joined him on the roof "Just look at the stars. It's really beautiful tonight" She looked up "It really is. Do you never look at the stars at home?" He shook his head "No" He let out a sigh and placed his head on his hand "Too many worries"