Conclusion

Childhood friends

A/N- Hello there I'm back and I'm back with a new chapter. I was actually debating with myself whether or not I should end it the way I ended it, but I decided that the end is fine, because the next chapter or next chapters are gonna be confusing and they have the same plot, or they are about the same night. So the ending in this chapter was necessary 


 

When they were a bit away from the canteen, Baekhyun let go of Kai’s arm, who in return shot him a glare “What the hell!?!” He said, before looking behind Baekhyun 

 

Sehun: Do you wanna meet up soon? 

Tao: Sure, when?

Sehun: I don’t know, maybe Friday? We can watch a movie or something

Tao: Just a movie? 

Sehun: I don’t know. We could go clubbing?

Tao: I don’t know if I can though.

Sehun: Why? 

Tao: I’ve got a match and usually we’ll go get Korean bbq together

Sehun: Do you have to?

Tao: I’m the captain

 

And what are you doing here?!” 

He spat at Tao, who was busy texting, but who looked up from his phone “Oh, me?” he asked “I’m here for the same reason” he answered, and went back to his phone. 


 

Sehun: What if you arrange a party? You could sneak out and come to me? 

Tao: I’ll figure that out. But for now, how about Tuesday? 

 

Friday. The day they all dreaded.

Would it all go well, would they win, would Mark actually cooperate? Did Johnny manage to talk some sense into him? 

All of these thoughts roamed around inside Tao’s head, and he felt anxious thinking about it just for a moment. He hadn’t been in contact with Johnny afterward, but he had promised Tao that it’d be fine. He sat down in his seat in the classroom, his fingers tapping against the wood, trying to make the day pass by faster

 

Nervous?” a voice asked, and the Chinese looked up to see Yuta standing by his desk with Baekhyun by his side “Not actually…” the Japanese nodded understanding “Mark right?” he asked for confirmation, and the way Tao hummed and lowered his head, was more than he needed. 

He placed a hand on Tao’s shoulder, making him look up “Don’t worry, it’s gonna be okay, I know it” he said and flashed a smile. Yuta’s smile made everyone smile, no matter what mood they were in, and so it was this time too. 

"I guess so,” Tao said, lowering his head again “But what if-” 

"Don’t” Yuta spoke with a shake of his head “Don’t even think about that,” he said “Okay, I won’t,” he said “Liar” the other whispered “I know you will” 

"Go away” Tao spoke with a laugh, which made the others smile, and they walked to their seats ease at mind. 

 

Mark, on the other hand, woke up Friday morning with the conversation from yesterday playing in his head. The way Johnny said “us” and not “them”, how he so easily accepted and forgave Mark, and the way he enveloped him in a comforting hug whispering over and over “It’s okay” 

He was in a really bad mood. He felt guilty, sad, and confused, and the shame that washed over him like a waterfall, continuing to drench him, wasn’t helping. He would have to apologize to them all for being this way, for being in such deep denial about himself, that it made him disgust the others. 

 

The first thing he did when he came to school was spotting Haechan in the hallway. He sped up his walk “Haechan” he let out loud enough for the other to turn around and looked at him with a relieved face. He didn’t speak as the other stood in front him, knowing he’d do the talking “I-I’m sorry Haechan” he started out “I’m sorry, for pushing you away, and making things between us ty” the Canadian’s eyes were glassy, and his lips were trembling “I hope yo-” 

"I forgive you, Mark, don’t worry” Haechan said, cutting Mark off, the latter let out a sigh, and smiled brightly at his friend “Thank you” he said, his voice trembling, and Haechan understood just how hard it was on him too “It’s okay” he spoke in a soft voice, with a hand around Marks’ shoulders “It’s okay” he spoke again.

In class, Kris was still pondering about what Johnny and Mark, was fully talking about. He knew it had to do with the guys' uality, that much he understood, and it also had something to do with Haechan. He let himself listen to the teacher, not wanting to walk into any dead-ends anymore. He couldn’t focus though. Maybe it’s because of the nervousness from the match they are gonna play later that’s running in the back of his head. He looked around the classroom, and let his eyes roam the girls and boys, just observing what they were doing until he landed on Johnny. Johnny, Johnny was that one guy in the class who’d sleep, or draw, just plainly slag off, but still manages to score high on tests and answer whatever the teachers ask him. 

It pisses him off slightly, mainly because it’s Johnny after he came to know about Johnny’s intentions, he couldn’t let go of the grudge that had been birthed from that moment on.

 

It’s totally a normal day for everyone, even the guys that’s silently sitting at their lunch table, anxious and nervous for what’s gonna happen. None of them knew about Mark’s condition except Johnny and Haechan, so when the tall guy sat down beside Tao, and in front of Taeyong, he said: 

"I told you not to worry. It’s gonna be fine” which made the two turn to him “How do you know?” Taeyong asked, his voice serious, but unstable, the other sighed and nodded his head in a direction “Look” he said, and the two saw Mark and Haechan entering the canteen, and the sight made Taeyong smile, if he’d talk with Haechan, maybe he’d talk with them.

"I told you it’d be fine didn’t I?” the giant said with a playful smirk “Thank you” Tao spoke with a sincere expression in his eyes which made Johnny smile “Don’t worry about it” he let out, and he looked at Taeyong who looked like he was about to cry “No really” he spoke “Thank you Johnny” and Johnny understood that Taeyong felt as though his friendship with the Canadian was saved.

It made him understand that was actually a bigger wave than he had thought

"Taeyon-” he spoke but stopped as he and the two watched Mark sit down beside Taeyong with a smile “Hey guys” he spoke, and Taeyong’s smile grew, and tears formed in his eyes as the Canadian smiled too. He pulled him into a hug and the others were shook at the sudden movement, even Mark, but he returned the hug “Thank you” Taeyong mumbled against the boy’s shoulder, and Tao and Johnny knew he was crying “Taeyong, I’m so so sorry” the other spoke. 

Tao looked at Johnny once again and spoke “Thank you, you really did something great” with a smile, and a hand on his shoulder. 

 

The mood in the locker room was more than happy, it was euphoric and great. Tao watched as Mark joked around with Yuta and Baekhyun again. He saw as Taeyong watched too, full euphoric mode on, just enjoying that it all ended on a good note, instead of years of friendships being torn to pieces.

 

It made Tao wonder, what did Johnny tell Mark?

"Hey, Johnny?” Tao whispered, still focusing on the others while he changed his shirt “mhm?” the other replied, “What exactly did you tell Mark?” 

"Oh!” Johnny blurted out “Uh, I’ll tell you some other time” he whispered “Okay” Tao lets out, and just as he’s about to tie his shoelace, Mark comes up to Tao, and Tao looks up at him, and the other slowly says “Tao... I’m sorry for being an ” his voice was low and soft, and Tao and Johnny made eye contact for a moment “It’s fine now Mark. Thank you for coming back to us” he said, and gave him a bro hug. 

 

Let’s get it!” Tao yelled before they walked out of the locker-room “let’s get it!” the others yelled afterward. 

This was gonna be a great match.


He pretended that he didn't know Tao was ignoring him. He pretended that they were still friends even though the other hadn't talked to him all day. The party would hopefully be his savior