This is where we started and this is where we become ever after

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was October the tenth, twenty-fourteen.

It is the same lovely day as the day when three years old Joohyun lost in the banks of the enchanting river, crying herself out until sixth years old Kyuhyun found her and brought her back to his home. His mother still remembered the exact words he told her about wanting to keep the little girl forever.

It is the same lovely day as the day when sixteen years old Kyuhyun realized for the first time that the love he felt for thirteen years old Joohyun was not a sibling love he thought he had for her for the last ten years. Her best friends still recalled the fateful dance when they both looked each other longingly.

They still laughed of those memories sometimes, or silently cried when painful one emerged in between.

But that day, the same lovely day as twenty years before, was when finally the twenty ix years old Kyuhyun and twenty three years old Joohyun would finally believe that ever after was not only a comic book ending.

------

“Still nervous, huh?”

A calm voice that belonged to his best friend started Kyuhyun from the daydream that he was having a while ago as he recalled the pictures from the past. Smiling, he playfully hit his best friend’s shoulder, rewarding with an exaggerated ‘oh’ that only made him smiled wider. “Stop acting.”

Changmin laughed and sat beside him in the bench. “It is correct then.”  He offered a water bottle that Kyuhyun gladly took while rolling his eyes to the latter remark.

“I don’t know why.” The groom-to-be admitted after taking a gulp of water. “I am married the girl of my dream so I shouldn’t be like this.” He added in worry.

His best friend chuckled. “It is normal, I think.” He leaned closer and let their shoulders touched to each other. “We are allowed to be nervous for each of milestone in our lives. Even I was nervous.”

Kyuhyun smiled as he retorted. “You were too drunk that you almost missed your own marriage ceremony.” He remembered the event because Joohyun was calling him non-stop that day, threatening that she would chop Changmin’s h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter