Home is where your mind is, even when the body is not there

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week before Christmas 2011

 

*Seoul*

 

“Fascinating, huh?”

Kyuhyun glanced to his left and then nodded.

“Yeah, it is. I kind of miss this.”

The combination of colorful lighting of the center of Seoul with the rain of snow created a lovely sight in that windy but strangely warm winter night.

“I miss seeing it with you, too.”

That’s it.

“I am sorry, Minnie. “ He turned his body around to face his best friend. “It must be hard for you to keep on with me for the last two years.”

Changmin shrugged.  “Not you, actually. But…” He trailed his sentence.

Kyuhyun’s eyebrows furrowed. “What’s up?”

“Nothing… “ Changmin shook his head. “ … well, I lied. It was nothing. It was… “ He paused and then looked straightly to his best friend’s eyes. “Can I make a confession?”

Kyuhyun nodded although his face showed a clear confusion.

Changmin shook his head again.  “When you were in your trance last year, I almost packed my stuffs and went to Tokyo to shake the rationale out of Joohyun. To scream at her that she hurt you so badly that I sometimes could not recognize you anymore.”

Kyuhyun stunned. Was he that bad? “Min…”

Changmin waved his right hand. “I know it was silly and please forgive me for that.  But during the first few months after she left and Sooyoung had bot coming to us to let us know what really happening, you were a messed, completely messed-up. “ He closed his eyes as a painful memory flashed in his mind. “And I couldn’t stand to see you tossing and turning and sometimes screaming her name during night.”

Kyuhyun closed his eyes too, and tried to remember those days. It seemed like… a nightmare than reality.

“And what make you change your mind?” He whispered.

“The portrait.”

Kyuhyun startled and wondered… “Which one?”

“The one when you found her for the first time.”

“Oh!”

Changmin smiled. “I remember once she told me that she could not really remember how the exact even when she met you for the first time.”

Kyuhyun stayed silent, but his eyes started to become watery. My poor Baby. She just a baby at that time.

“And how much it annoyed her because she felt like she would always be incomplete, and that’s why she was clingy to you whenever both of you went to the bench. As if you could transferred your memory of the meeting to her.” Changmin continued. “And that made me wonder if her reason to leave was to protect you.”

Kyuhyun smiled while wiping his eyes. “Joohyun could be stubborn like that when she thought she was sacrificing herself for those who meant something for her. But that’s on trait that made me love her even more.”

Changmin shook his eyes again, this time with amusement. “You two are really weird. I have to agree with Yoona on that.”

“And you two are not?”

Their gaze met and both laughed.

“I am sorry for such stupid feeling.” Changmin walked toward him and offered a handshake.

“I am sorry for making you feel like that.” Kyuhyun avoided the hand gesture and pulled him on a hug instead. “Thank you for being my brother, even though we do not have the same blood.”

Changmin chuckled. “I don’t think I want to have a same blood with you.”

Kyuhyun pulled himself off his best friend and looked at him in confusion. “Why?”

“Yoona wants to ask Joohyun if she would like to make a pact to engage our children.”

“She already think like that, and you agree?”

Changmin shrugged.

 “See, you’re both weird.” Kyuhyun shook his head in disbelief.

“Who weird?” A f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter