Eighteen years of loving you and more to come

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He tugged her softly and guided her to the house.

To their house.

 

“Look Unnie!”

An exciting Krystal pulled Seohyun toward the living room where she saw Yoona and Minho basically gawked in front of one wall.  She looked behind to Kyuhyun and Changmin, and while the latter was passing her to join the gawk brigade, Kyuhyun was smiling at her as if to give her the courage to step closer to that wall.

She smiled back and nodded. Slowly she walked toward the wall but while she did that she looked  around and mesmerized. This room was exactly like the one that she had in her dreams: the couch at the corner, the small black coffee table, and even the piano. She thought the coincidence was weird but she was not afraid because a lecturer in her university told her that dreams sometimes were a transmission of one thoughts.

Maybe when he was in coma, he transferred all of his memories to her.

Maybe.

Then she saw the stairs where she kept seeing in the dreams but never able to picture the surrounding.  

“Oppa, Hyunnie’s here. We should step back and let her see.” She heard Yoona called Changmin and saw on the rear of her eyes that the four guests stepped back.

And then she saw it.

Her heart stopped, and tears were flowing in her cheeks.

There, on that one wall, were sketches of their lives, their story, their autumn memories. All of them were drawn in a series of canvas.

She stepped into the far left, the one that had three-years Hyun-Baby with her teary eyes after lost in the river bank and a smiling six-years Hyun-Oppa who offered his hand to the little girl. She traced the face of the kids, of those memories that she was too small to remember. Except one thing, she knew now, the smiling face of a chubby Kyuhyun.

She searched for the real one, an eighteen years older than the sketch Kyuhyun, who was still watching her with the same eyes and the same smile. Alive and breathing.

She extended her hand and offered it to Kyuhyun who then walked slowly from the door where he was leaning to. Once he caught her, he wiped the tears in her cheeks and then when she pulled him with her to the next sketch, he understood. She wanted to go on this journey with him.

Yoona’s tears was already flowing too and Changmin held her hand tightly to support. Krystal was leaning into Minho’s chest and both of them watching the pairs moving from one sketch to another sketch.

All the years they’ve known each other, all the autumn they went for the anniversary.

She laughed when the sketch showed the happy memories such as the early years when they collecting flowers and pebbles to decorate the tree house on Kyuhyun’s father’s estate, the day he found her again on his first comeback from school to the day of their first kiss. He raised his eyebrows when her cheeks flushed when she saw the sketch of the guard house and a thunderstorm in the background.

“I still want to know what happened in that day of thunder.” She heard Yoona whispered to Minho and she smiled secretly to her Oppa who then laughed. Sorry Yoong, there are things that better left unrevealed.

Then when the sketches showed a not-so-happy times, she held his hand even tighter and he would brush it softly as to give her his strength. And that’s why she could face these sketches, from the sketches of their younger faces on different places but watching the similar swans and birds, to their first fight the year she met Changmin for the first time.

To the Autumn of 2009, when she was the one who left.

She pulled her hand from him and used both hands to trace the sad expression of the Kyuhyun in the canvas while watching the flight –that she assumed was her flight to Tokyo- took off to the sky where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter