That day, hearts were broken

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Within a week, the twelve anniversary of their first meeting would be there.

If this a normal week before the anniversary, Joohyun and Kyuhyun would be giddy and in cloud nine. Even on those weeks when Kyuhyun could not come home.

But there was never any day or any week before October the Tenth of the previous eleven years that Kyuhyun was avoiding Joohyun.

Yet anyone should have their first heartbroken. And this Autumn, three hearts would be broken, although one of them, the most innocent of all, was not understand that she was one.

*****

“Joohyun-ah!”

She turned her head and sees him running toward the cafe. “I am sorry, I was late. Since you’ve said I should not let Kyuhyun know about this meeting, I have to distract him for a while first.”

She nodded. “That’s ok, Changmin-sshi, and thank you for having such trouble just to see me.”

Changmin smiled. Anything for you. “Please don’t be that formal. With you being Kyuhyun’s dongsaeng. You should call me Oppa too.”

Joohyun startled. “ I... I... I am not really using that honorific to anyone.” But you used it to Kyuhyun. “No worries, I just thought. Anyway, whatever you feel comfortable with.” He patted her hand and sat in the chair across hers. “So, how can I help you?”

Joohyun blushed. “I want to know what you meant by saying Oppa is a heartbreaker at school?” Oh, that. Right, Kyuhyun. “Why do you want to know?” She threw her gaze to the road. “I just... I just want to know. Because that’s not a side he ever let me see.”

Changmin looked at her with sad eyes. When he saw her for the first time, he had a strange feeling that somehow his life would be collided with hers. And now, after knowing her for ten days, he knew what that feeling was. He could be fall in love with her. If he was not already. But he could and would not betray Kyuhyun. He was the closest kind of a brother that he ever had.

“He was just protecting you, you know.” She shifted her eyes back to him. “I know. But I am not a child anymore.” He smiled. “No, you are not. And I think he knows that too.” She casted an ‘I-am-not-believe-you” glance. “He is. Believe me.” 

Joohyun finally laughed. “Junsu-Oppa said I should not believe the two of you when you talked about each other.” Changmin laughed too. “But you still asked me anyway.” She looked at him intently. “I have a feeling that you will tell me the truth.” Yeah. Of course, How could I lie to you?.

*****

Minho shook

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter