I have fallen deeply, madly, crazy in love with You

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

October the Tenth, 2006.

It’s the twelfth anniversary of their first meeting.

If this was a usual year, Joohyun would be humming and dancing around the house at six, while preparing herself to take the train to the river bank.

Or on year where Kyuhyun was here, he would be picking her at seven and they would take the train together, or in a couple past years, they would drive together in his car.

But since she never see him for the last week, she did not know what to expect today.

But she still woke up at five, take a showerand pulled out her sweater, glove and knickers out of their racks at six, and went out her house to take the train at seven.

*****

She closed the front door, took her backpack and was on the way to put it on her right shoulder when a hand pulled that backpack from her softly.

“Don’t you know that it is not recommended to put your backpack only on one shoulder?”

She stunned. No, am I delusional?

Afraid that she is indeed hallucinated, she did not dare to lift her face. But then a hand, a very familiar hand, took hers in his grip, a very familiar grip.

She lifted her face slowly and met with a smiling face of no other that Cho Kyuhyun. He’s here. He’s really here.

“Are you ready for our usual trip?” His grip on her got stronger and then he brushed his thumb over her back of palm.

She could only nod and let him pulled her to his car and tucked her in the passenger seat.

*****

They were just halfway to the river when Kyuhyun pulled his car aside the road and stop in front of the coffee shop.

“I need  my caffeine. I slept very late last night. Do you take the usual?” She nodded. Again. Pause. “Ok. Just wait here.”

She still not talking. This is hurt. But I deserve it anyway. I wonder if she could ever forgive me.

The ride was very quiet, with only him did a little talking and her did some nods and single words like “Neh”, “Wae” and “Anni”. But Kyuhyun swallowed it anyway because he knew that it was his fault that she was coming back to her shell.

He was almost decided to just coming to the river and wait. Because of this. Because he was afraid on seeing her silence treatment. But even his coward self could not deny the love he had for this girl. He could not allowed himself to break their promise on following an anniversary traditions.

So even when he knew that this ride would be painful, he took it anyway.

*****

“Here is your tea and muffins.” He gave her favorite drink and snack to her. As always, he would not ask what she wanted, because it would still be the same, mochacino espresso and croissant sandwich for him, green tea latte and chocolate muffin for her.

She took them from his hand with her still blank face. He always knew what I want. So why he went away when I want him by my side?  She nodded (again) and silently ate the muffin. And that’s when her tears was started to build behind her eyes.

*****

They walked quietly side by side to the bench. He had took her hand in his the moment she got out from the car. And while she wanted to take out her hand from his, she did not have the heart to not do it. And while he wanted to pull her into his arms, he did not have the strength to do it.

So he pulled her into the railing behind the bench instead and let her hand go. He cast a faraway glance to the swans in the river and sighed.

“I always wonder why the swans and the birds could always be living in harmony in this river.” Pause “They don’t even share a same characteristic.”

She lifted her face and moved her gaze to the swans as well. Only Oppa who could talk to me in cryptic messages. Oh I missed that so.

*silence*

*bang*

Kyuhyun suddenly punched the railing hard.

Joohyun, finally looked him fully, watch in horror when she saw that his left hand was bleeding.

“Oppa! Why did yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter