The photograph that reminds me of you

The Autumn Story
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As many days go by, when my heart becomes worn out
Inside my heart, the vanishing memories of you come find me again
I will remember them, won’t I?
Inside those dreams of the future that have grown too big
Inside those dreams, towards you

(Etude of Memory)

 

******

October 10th, 2009

 

Kyuhyun sat on the bench while watching the birds and the swans.  Their bench. Their birds and swans.

It had been more than three months since Joohyun was gone from his side.

His side, not his life.

Because no matter what she tried to imply here, she should now that nothing could separate their heart.

Nothing could make him to stop loving her. Not when he was the one who found her.

His Baby.

This should be his last semester in the university and soon he would be an architect. She should be here with him while studying vet.

Ten years ago, he told her that he would build a house for her to watch the birds and the swans.

A year ago, he did sketch the house for her and watched her face lighten up when he showed her where they would build the house.

This year, he picked the materials and asked his hyungs if they could lend him the carpenter to start building the foundation of the house.

Changmin looked at him with exasperation while Yoona wiped her eyes.  Minho told him to forget since she was leaving them without options.

He shook his head and told them that a promise was a promise.

That a love is a love.

Even when the one you love was not with you.

After all, she brought the canvases with her.

 

In the other part of the world, the girl who left everyone was sitting in another bench.

Tears were in Joohyun’s eyes when she watched the birds and the swans, with the two canvases lying in her lap.

Her most precious things.

She wondered if three months was long enough for him to forget her.

To get him closer to someone who could mend his heart.

Yet her heart was bleeding so hard.

She still pursued her study to become the veterinarian, while hiding herself on the library of human health and medicine to understand what and how she could live her life as a carrier.

And at night, after the Unnie checked on her, she would hug her pillow closer and crying silently.

Of the one you love but can’t have

And then she remembered what it felt to be lost.

After all, only him that could find her.

 

******

October 10th, 2010

 

Kyuhyun smiled his trademark sad smile when he saw the half-done house. It would be two-floors house consists of both private areas and also the offices as they had agreed two years before.

Even her practice room above the garage.

His parents shook their head in frustration when he kept coming home every month to check on the development, without caring that he spent so much on each trips.

But he told them he would manage that since money was not an issue once he got hired by a major designer company after his graduation.

So what if he wanted to spent for the house?

He had planned to spend some of his salary on supporting Joohyun’s tutorial anyway. So if she did not want it he should spend it on something that she would o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter